Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

jaxangler wrote:If there are any ad comms lurking they are going to think they let in a bunch of drunks lol.


i'm not a drunk... i'm just from wisconsin.

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:19 pm

jaxangler wrote:If there are any ad comms lurking they are going to think they let in a bunch of drunks lol.



Don't they throw keg and wine parties for the students? It just shows that they made the right decision by selecting us.

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Panther7 wrote:
jaxangler wrote:If there are any ad comms lurking they are going to think they let in a bunch of drunks lol.


i'm not a drunk... i'm just from wisconsin.



I want to see you wearing that on a T-shirt on ASD.

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby HERetICal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
sibley wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:I think the distinction is by alcohol content, so it's hard to get around. All liquors are derived from an organic base. Vodka = potatoes, Bourbon = corn mash. So even when brewing beer, you're supposed to stay under some threshold.



--ImageRemoved--


5th grade memories.

I thought bourbon had to do with the lyme content of the water source... according to the jack daniels commercials, anyway. But you can't fine someone for their anaerobic bacteria being out of control, can you? I mean, that's not really their fault... that's like fining someone for having 4 feet of snow in their yard and messing with the neighborhood's beauty. There must be some other mechanism of definition.


Jack Daniels isn't bourbon. It's a Tennessee Whiskey. :) There's other parts to being a bourbon as well besides the corn mash. Like being distilled in oak barrels. I'm not too sure what distinguishes a TN whiskey from bourbon besides location of distilling, but there's definitely a difference.


The distinguishing factor is that Jack Daniels is Charcoal filtered. Otherwise it's a bourbon for all intents and purposes (unless you're a purist who wants to argue geographic location as a factor).

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby MarkRenton » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm an absolute purist when it comes to TN whiskey and bourbon. I wouldn't be adamant if the quality was on par - it's not. Bourbon's way better as a whole.

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby HERetICal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:27 pm

MarkRenton wrote:I'm an absolute purist when it comes to TN whiskey and bourbon. I wouldn't be adamant if the quality was on par - it's not. Bourbon's way better as a whole.



I hope you mean specific bourbons, and not say, Kentucky Gentleman.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby MarkRenton » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 pm

HERetICal wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:I'm an absolute purist when it comes to TN whiskey and bourbon. I wouldn't be adamant if the quality was on par - it's not. Bourbon's way better as a whole.



I hope you mean specific bourbons, and not say, Kentucky Gentleman.


Or Beam's 8 Star. That's why i said "as a whole". Some bourbons aren't very good, but on aggregate, boubon's much better.

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby HERetICal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:34 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
HERetICal wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:I'm an absolute purist when it comes to TN whiskey and bourbon. I wouldn't be adamant if the quality was on par - it's not. Bourbon's way better as a whole.



I hope you mean specific bourbons, and not say, Kentucky Gentleman.


Or Beam's 8 Star. That's why i said "as a whole". Some bourbons aren't very good, but on aggregate, boubon's much better.


My apologies. You did indicate you were referring to them generally.

cpboy77
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby cpboy77 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Man, I was excited to see three new pages of posting since the last time I checked. Little did I know 2 of them would be about making distilleries. Oh well, carry on.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby akili » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 pm

cpboy77 wrote:Man, I was excited to see three new pages of posting since the last time I checked. Little did I know 2 of them would be about making distilleries. Oh well, carry on.


Thanks Tim Gunn :)

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby MarkRenton » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Since we have determined that it is illegal, I would like to explicitly state that I shall not be investigating how to make a distillery. Seems like a bad idea.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dk8 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 pm

...
Last edited by dk8 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jmhendri » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Is anyone going for the April Open House? I thought I read somewhere that usually some of the current students involved with the Open House set something up at a bar after...

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby bryntax » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:01 pm

jmhendri wrote:Is anyone going for the April Open House? I thought I read somewhere that usually some of the current students involved with the Open House set something up at a bar after...


hey im planning on going to the april one. :D

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 pm

bryntax wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Is anyone going for the April Open House? I thought I read somewhere that usually some of the current students involved with the Open House set something up at a bar after...


hey im planning on going to the april one. :D



+1. I'll be the white guy in his early 20's. Look for me.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fathergoose » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:03 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
bryntax wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Is anyone going for the April Open House? I thought I read somewhere that usually some of the current students involved with the Open House set something up at a bar after...


hey im planning on going to the april one. :D



+1. I'll be the white guy in his early 20's. Look for me.


+1

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:06 pm

fathergoose wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
bryntax wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Is anyone going for the April Open House? I thought I read somewhere that usually some of the current students involved with the Open House set something up at a bar after...


hey im planning on going to the april one. :D



+1. I'll be the white guy in his early 20's. Look for me.


+1


Also going to April 2. I'll be the tall, long-haired, duck-toed, round-faced fellow.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jmhendri » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 pm

<--- short, dark haired, Mediterranean looking gal.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:12 pm

This is me:


Image

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:21 pm

loving the descriptions you all have given yourself. wouldn't be able to do it for me... thinking hard now though.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 am

SpaceDawg wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
jaxangler wrote:If there are any ad comms lurking they are going to think they let in a bunch of drunks lol.


i'm not a drunk... i'm just from wisconsin.



I want to see you wearing that on a T-shirt on ASD.



I would, but I don't know where I could get a custom shirt on such a short notice.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:50 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
bryntax wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Is anyone going for the April Open House? I thought I read somewhere that usually some of the current students involved with the Open House set something up at a bar after...


hey im planning on going to the april one. :D



+1. I'll be the white guy in his early 20's. Look for me.


oh sweet i'll keep an eye out. you might see me first, look for the only LGBT chick in the state of Virginia.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:56 am

bryntax wrote:oh sweet i'll keep an eye out. you might see me first, look for the only LGBT chick in the state of Virginia.


lol, I'm sure there are at least one or two more....maybe. Also, do you want me respond to this via PM as well ;)

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
bryntax wrote:oh sweet i'll keep an eye out. you might see me first, look for the only LGBT chick in the state of Virginia.


lol, I'm sure there are at least one or two more....maybe. Also, do you want me respond to this via PM as well ;)


lolz, stfu its too early to work buttons correctly!! :P

User avatar
SpaceDawg
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SpaceDawg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

Panther7 wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
jaxangler wrote:If there are any ad comms lurking they are going to think they let in a bunch of drunks lol.


i'm not a drunk... i'm just from wisconsin.



I want to see you wearing that on a T-shirt on ASD.



I would, but I don't know where I could get a custom shirt on such a short notice.


Sharpie and bumper sticker. Done.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”