Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bobalou
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Bobalou » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:In via email today. I'm waiting to hear about money before I decide to accept/withdraw.

Jaggles, I am 170/3.63.


Your profile says 161...outdated info?

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fathergoose » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Jaggles wrote:Congrats! What kind of numbers did each of you have? Plans on attending ASD?


170+ and <3.0

I'm tentatively planning on attending the April asw. The travel stipend actually makes it financially feasible for me. Anybody want to share a room? I'd like to avoid paying the 50 a night to sleep solo.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:28 pm

fathergoose wrote:
Jaggles wrote:Congrats! What kind of numbers did each of you have? Plans on attending ASD?


170+ and <3.0

I'm tentatively planning on attending the April asw. The travel stipend actually makes it financially feasible for me. Anybody want to share a room? I'd like to avoid paying the 50 a night to sleep solo.


i think they assign the roommate for you.

blawblawblaw
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby blawblawblaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:31 pm

< 3.0 and 167. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Edit: I didn't realize they offered travel stipends (couldn't really afford it right now otherwise). Definitely considering going to the later ASW if I can get the time off of work.
Last edited by blawblawblaw on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby wired » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:33 pm

blawblawblaw wrote:< 3.0 and 167. I'd love to go to the ASW but I don't have the money at the moment. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!



You know they reimburse you $300 for a ticket and give you two nights hotel accommodations, right? I can't see the cost being much more than $50-$100 after that.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fathergoose » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm

blawblawblaw wrote:< 3.0 and 167. I'd love to go to the ASW but I don't have the money at the moment. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!


from what I read they give you room and board and 300 bucks so unless you are travelogue from Alaska you shouldn't be out any money.

rodewan
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby rodewan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:36 pm

ahk! wrote:
Modian wrote:Status checker updated again today, from Complete 1/27/2010 to Complete 3/8/2010.


+1


+2

blawblawblaw
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby blawblawblaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:36 pm

fathergoose & wired.. That's huge, I thought schools usually only gave you a travel stipend to scholly people. Definitely going to try to make it now!

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Panther7 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:41 pm

fathergoose wrote:
blawblawblaw wrote:< 3.0 and 167. I'd love to go to the ASW but I don't have the money at the moment. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!


from what I read they give you room and board and 300 bucks so unless you are travelogue from Alaska you shouldn't be out any money.



ditto, i'm coming in march from wisconsin, costs me like 80 bucks for the whole thing. i could have gotten it for free but i wanted to stay until sunday afternoon and had to swallow some money for that. i'm def going out on saturday night, last thing i wanted to do was have to get up at 4am for my return flight!

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm

rodewan wrote:
ahk! wrote:
Modian wrote:Status checker updated again today, from Complete 1/27/2010 to Complete 3/8/2010.


+1


+2


+3

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fathergoose » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:03 pm

What's W&L like with scholarship money? Sticker is going to be tough to swallow

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby eandy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:05 pm

has anyone who changed to 3/2 complete(after being complete before) had any change since then?

User avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm

fathergoose wrote:What's W&L like with scholarship money? Sticker is going to be tough to swallow


Based on my experiences, similar to UMN and WUSTL and better than GMU. HTH

blawblawblaw
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby blawblawblaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Is anybody from DC going to go to either ASW? The flight out there is still over the top expensive and I've never been to the east coast so I might as well come early and check out DC.

User avatar
luhrenzo
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby luhrenzo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Panther7 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
blawblawblaw wrote:< 3.0 and 167. I'd love to go to the ASW but I don't have the money at the moment. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!


from what I read they give you room and board and 300 bucks so unless you are travelogue from Alaska you shouldn't be out any money.



ditto, i'm coming in march from wisconsin, costs me like 80 bucks for the whole thing. i could have gotten it for free but i wanted to stay until sunday afternoon and had to swallow some money for that. i'm def going out on saturday night, last thing i wanted to do was have to get up at 4am for my return flight!


I'd be interested to see how that goes. I visited last year and it was a really pretty campus and all but I'm not too sure there's really anywhere to go out. i'd like to hear how it goes tho so please post your experience

Jaggles
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Jaggles » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm

blawblawblaw wrote:Is anybody from DC going to go to either ASW? The flight out there is still over the top expensive and I've never been to the east coast so I might as well come early and check out DC.

Check both Roanoke and Lynchburg for flights.

User avatar
jaxangler
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jaxangler » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:15 pm

From the law students I know at W&L, the social life consists of everyone going to a house party or gathering at a bar. The law students have limited interaction with the undergrads, and mostly go out with themselves. It seems that the undergrad social scene revolves around greek life at W&L. There seems to be plenty of opportunities to have a social life, but definitely not the night life that people from larger universities or cities are accustomed to.

raoul79
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby raoul79 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:28 pm

eandy wrote:has anyone who changed to 3/2 complete(after being complete before) had any change since then?


Complete 3/1 (after being complete before)... No update since then... I hope to avoid another waitlist wave.... :(

avioguy687
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby avioguy687 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

blawblawblaw wrote:3/5 complete, email acceptance today! 1st place I've heard back from! :D!


so did your application status ever change to decision rendered or did only the date for "application complete" change?

j/w for all of us that had the date change to today.

blawblawblaw
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby blawblawblaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 pm

jaggles- The price difference between flying into Roanoke and Lynchburg was huge, thanks for the heads up.

avioguy- Now it says "decision reached; notification pending". Good luck man!

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Part of the 3/2/10 group
WL

User avatar
skamike
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby skamike » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:34 pm

So...what's the best way to get to Lexington from Lynchburg's airport for the carless?

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby J Burrito » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Status changed from complete 1/27 to complete 3/8 today as well. What does this mean?

Jaggles
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Jaggles » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm

skamike wrote:So...what's the best way to get to Lexington from Lynchburg's airport for the carless?
Renting a car is all I know. You can get one for the weekend for about $100.

User avatar
skamike
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby skamike » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Jaggles wrote:
skamike wrote:So...what's the best way to get to Lexington from Lynchburg's airport for the carless?
Renting a car is all I know. You can get one for the weekend for about $100.


Well, in that case, is anybody renting a car from Lynchburg? You can have an entertaining Canadian ride shotgun with you :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: astridm, Baby Gaga, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], blahblah123, bleakchimera2, cantyoloforever, Christinabruin, Exabot [Bot], jetaew, JosefK, lawnerd87, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, malysh, mccracal, mm2368, notsolawful, oliviaj_j, playersball, ray.bee, sjs12, Tomthecat, trohara14 and 49 guests