Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cherryalamode

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi, sorry to come out of left field here but I would like to know the deadline to register for the ASW weekend at W & L. Anyone know the date I need to register by?

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:24 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Hi, sorry to come out of left field here but I would like to know the deadline to register for the ASW weekend at W & L. Anyone know the date I need to register by?

No idea on the deadline.....but my experience is that these things tend to fill up before any sort of deadline need be enforced.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 pm

They changed the first deposit deadline to April 15 so I'll see you guys at the April Open House.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:35 pm

MBZags wrote:They changed the first deposit deadline to April 15 so I'll see you guys at the April Open House.

Yes I just got the email! This certainly makes things so much easier!!!

forumnewb

Postby forumnewb » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm a t-shirt guy to classes but don't want to look like a bum at ASW. Casual dress to me is very vague and can run from a t-shirt to business casual. Any thoughts on how they expect you to dress for these damn things??

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 pm

forumnewb wrote:I'm a t-shirt guy to classes but don't want to look like a bum at ASW. Casual dress to me is very vague and can run from a t-shirt to business casual. Any thoughts on how they expect you to dress for these damn things??

Guys can probably pull off pants (like khakis) and a polo.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

forumnewb wrote:I'm a t-shirt guy to classes but don't want to look like a bum at ASW. Casual dress to me is very vague and can run from a t-shirt to business casual. Any thoughts on how they expect you to dress for these damn things??

i'll be wearing casual slacks and a collared shirt (probably not tucked in).

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm

cherryalamode wrote:

i'm sure that's more than acceptable, lol

prana479

Postby prana479 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 pm

cherryalamode wrote:

W and L is frat capital of VA. Make sure it's Vineyard Vines or Polo! :wink:

just kidding... sort of

eandy

Postby eandy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Last edited by eandy on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 pm

prana479 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:

just kidding... sort of

W&L undergrad? Definitely. W&L Law? Quite the opposite.

Spaceman Spiff

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Panther7 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:

i'm sure that's more than acceptable, lol

As it seems unlikely that my acceptance will be revoked, I'll be wearing what I'll wear to class: jeans, t-shirt, and orange Converse. I can't imagine what we wear matters in any way.

gregw8705

Postby gregw8705 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:36 am

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
prana479 wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:

just kidding... sort of

W&L undergrad? Definitely. W&L Law? Quite the opposite.

1L here, and the above is correct. The law school is definitely not the kind of place to judge you on the basis of your clothing. Once you're in law school you've got about 1 million things to worry about other than whether you're wearing the right embroidered animal on your chest or have the right name inside your collar.

EDIT: And you certainly don't have time to worry about which tiny embroidered animal is on anyone else's shirt.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 am

gregw8705 wrote:
1L here, and the above is correct. The law school is definitely not the kind of place to judge you on the basis of your clothing. Once you're in law school you've got about 1 million things to worry about other than whether you're wearing the right embroidered animal on your chest or have the right name inside your collar.

EDIT: And you certainly don't have time to worry about which tiny embroidered animal is on anyone else's shirt.

what places are "must visit" for a person trying to figure out if W&L is a good fit for law school?

tkicker182

Postby tkicker182 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been covered or not but I went complete on 2/17 and then then date changed to 2/22 but it still only says complete. Is this normal?

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Just wondering...is anyone considering paying full sticker for W&L?

FUMAgrad05

Postby FUMAgrad05 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:Just wondering...is anyone considering paying full sticker for W&L?

I am, assuming I won't get a scholarship (it's only been a week since my acceptance, and they say 2-3 for scholarship info, so I don't know for sure yet). That assumption is based on the fact that, while I have awesome softs, my numbers (2.51/166) pretty much assure that I won't be getting any $$, unless they really look at my soft factors in the process, which I doubt. Even though my LSAT might assure me a scholarship at a tier 2, I'd rather pay sticker at a good tier 1 over a partial scholarship at a tier 2. So any way I look at, whether I attend W&L, Wake, W&M, GWU etc., I'm gonna be forking out some big $$ on tuition.

jaxangler

Postby jaxangler » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:36 pm

I am also considering it, although I hope to receive some sort of aid. I believe I was accepted around the same time as you FUMA, so hopefully we will be hearing about scholarship soon. Sticker at W&L is a hefty debt to pay.

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Last edited by itzbouttime on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forumnewb

Postby forumnewb » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Acceptance letter sent 2/10 received a few days after that. Scholarship money came today regular mail. Pretty quick.

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 pm

i hear a lot about W&L students being a lot older. Is this true? Is anyone on this thread going to W&L right out of undergrad?

hds2388

Postby hds2388 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 pm

My status went to decision reach; notification pending on 2/15 and under the mailings I have "Letter of Decision Mailed" on 2/15 as well. That said, I still have not recieved this letter. Should I call?

forumnewb

Postby forumnewb » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:i hear a lot about W&L students being a lot older. Is this true? Is anyone on this thread going to W&L right out of undergrad?

Their average age is around 24 about the same as most law schools I've seen.

itzbouttime

Postby itzbouttime » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:i hear a lot about W&L students being a lot older. Is this true? Is anyone on this thread going to W&L right out of undergrad?

I graduated in 05, but I'm only 26. I don't think you can consider me 'older'. How old you talking?

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:41 pm

I haven't heard that, but I'm also 26 and have been out of school for a little over a year.

It would be nice for me if that's true. I was older than most students in undergrad and always felt a little out of place and unable to connect.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”