Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whatchootalkinbout

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Mine is currently of Bob Ross.

Happy little trees...

ExcitedBlutterance

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Anyone know what the rules are for getting the $300 to attend the open house?

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 pm

ExcitedBlutterance wrote:Anyone know what the rules are for getting the $300 to attend the open house?

Doesn't sound like there are distance restrictions/cut-offs. Says to submit receipts in a timely manner.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:24 pm

SAE wrote:
ExcitedBlutterance wrote:Anyone know what the rules are for getting the $300 to attend the open house?

Doesn't sound like there are distance restrictions/cut-offs. Says to submit receipts in a timely manner.

What is the easiest way to get there from SD? should I try to get a flight to Dulles and then take a bus or something in?

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:25 pm

jmhendri wrote:
SAE wrote:

What is the easiest way to get there from SD? should I try to get a flight to Dulles and then take a bus or something in?

SD =

San Diego? South Dakota? Sudan?

lawstudent119

Postby lawstudent119 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Where have they posted information on the Open House weekends? I want to plan my trip but there is no information that I have found... other than potential dates. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:27 pm

I clicked to join the fb group, but I'm still awaiting confirmation...

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 pm

SAE wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
SAE wrote:

SD =

San Diego? South Dakota? Sudan?

That was pretty vague, wasn't it? ... San Diego.

ExcitedBlutterance

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 pm

jmhendri wrote:
SAE wrote:

Anyone else attending the weekend of April 2?

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:48 pm

ExcitedBlutterance wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
SAE wrote:

Anyone else attending the weekend of April 2?

I'm gonna go.

cpboy77

Postby cpboy77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Anyone else attending the weekend of April 2?[/quote]

I'm gonna go.[/quote]

I was leaning towards the March 20 date (I think that's the other date).

ExcitedBlutterance

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:23 pm

cpboy77 wrote:Anyone else attending the weekend of April 2?

I'm gonna go.[/quote]

I was leaning towards the March 20 date (I think that's the other date).[/quote]

I would actually prefer that date, but it's the same weekend as the one at UNC

Rowinguy2009

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 pm

I'm gonna try to do the March 20th one. No one has actually signed up yet right? They are going to send the registration forms in the mail?

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:16 am

I'll probably be there in April.

cpboy77

Postby cpboy77 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Rowinguy2009 wrote:I'm gonna try to do the March 20th one. No one has actually signed up yet right? They are going to send the registration forms in the mail?

As far as I know. I haven't gotten anything via snail mail yet other than acceptance letter.

bonnieblue

Postby bonnieblue » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 pm

yeah im in the facebook group...still havent decided if i can make it out for asw though...too many trips this semester

Rowinguy2009

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Nevermind I actually read the info on the facebook group page, the forms will be on the accepted student website soon.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 pm

What is the turnaround time for W&L...I've been complete since earlier January.

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm

I asked to join the facebook group like two days ago and have yet to be confirmed. Maybe they were scared off by my Jersey Shore attire in my profile pic? I swear all those tattoos are fake! haha

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 pm

For anyone waitlisted, I visited W&L today.

1) They won't start looking at the waitlist until June-ish, after the second seat deposit.
2) If you get off the waitlist, you'll pay full sticker.

Pretty sure I am going to withdraw, for the above, plus other reasons, but still pondering.

Super nice people and school, though. No negative vibes at all.

If anyone has other questions, I was there for a while chatting, so I can try and answer.

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:39 pm

kalvano wrote:For anyone waitlisted, I visited W&L today.

1) They won't start looking at the waitlist until June-ish, after the second seat deposit.
2) If you get off the waitlist, you'll pay full sticker.

Pretty sure I am going to withdraw, for the above, plus other reasons, but still pondering.

Super nice people and school, though. No negative vibes at all.

If anyone has other questions, I was there for a while chatting, so I can try and answer.

I have heard the law school feels conservative? Did you notice this?

And how did you feel about the small town? I am not super picky, but I want to know there are at least a few decent options in terms of bars, restaurants, etc.

Washington and Lee quickly climbed to the top of my list after scholarship info came out last week and I will be visiting next week so I am trying to figure out what to expect.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 pm

No, it didn't seem conservative to me at all, but I'm from Texas, so take that for what it's worth.

The 3L that led the tour said there are 2 bars in town, but that there was always something to do. He specifically mentioned the SBA as being very good at providing entertainment.

I got a great feel from the school, really nice. But I can't wait until June to know where I am going, and Lexington was honestly too small. My wife has to be able to find a job, and I don't see that happening there.

Also, I can't justify paying full tution there when I can go to Wake with an $18K a year scholarship.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:17 am

I forgot to add that they have a massive stack of applications. I saw boxes full, at least 5 boxes.

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:29 am

kalvano wrote:I forgot to add that they have a massive stack of applications. I saw boxes full, at least 5 boxes.

That's what happens when you let everyone apply for free.

choochoo

Postby choochoo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Sorry if this has already been discussed long ago, but is there any correlation between receiving an invitation to the preview day (the one back in November) and admission? Don't know how I overlooked it, but I just now realized that there is no application fee and I'm thinking about sending in a a late app today or tomorrow. Isn't too bad since it will only cost me $12, but rejection letters are never fun. I'm below their medians so wondering if the preview day invite (I wasn't able to attend) should be taken as a good sign or just a way to increase their application numbers...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”