Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:20 pm

tram988 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Just got the email! 5,500/year. A little bit less than I would've liked since UIUC already offered me 10k/year guaranteed... oh decisions..

Hey LSN buddy-- Not bad at all! We both got the same amount :)

haha yea! now I just have to get into BC like you did already!

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby tram988 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
tram988 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Just got the email! 5,500/year. A little bit less than I would've liked since UIUC already offered me 10k/year guaranteed... oh decisions..

Hey LSN buddy-- Not bad at all! We both got the same amount :)

haha yea! now I just have to get into BC like you did already!

I'm pulling for you!

User avatar
kp009
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby kp009 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

It looks like on top of tuition, fees and living expenses will be an additional 20k...anyone know how accurate this is?

User avatar
novacuseville
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby novacuseville » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Email - $20K per/yr ...maintain 3.0 GPA

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:25 pm

tram988 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
tram988 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Just got the email! 5,500/year. A little bit less than I would've liked since UIUC already offered me 10k/year guaranteed... oh decisions..

Hey LSN buddy-- Not bad at all! We both got the same amount :)

haha yea! now I just have to get into BC like you did already!

I'm pulling for you!

Thanks!!! :D

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby The Zeppelin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

predetermined wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote:$30,000. So close to full...

As far as my choices go, W&L moves to the top. Nevertheless, still very close at this point in the game.

Numbers in profile.

What's the close second? Colorado?

I would love to be in CO, but I doubt I can afford their OOS tuition. UNC would technically be in second place. I live just a few mins from the law school.

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby T14_Scholly » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:37 pm

virginiagirl55 wrote:34,000/year. will also likely be withdrawing. have similar offers from MUCH better schools.


Way to snub your nose.

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby umichgrad » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 pm

24,000 today via email. 167/3.4. probably won't be going, but i need to hang onto it b/c i haven't seen any $$ from my number 1.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dakatz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Guess I'm be withdrawing pretty soon. After the 25K/year offer at BU and 30K/year + housing at GW, W&L would have had to top those offers to put it in real contention for me.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby The Zeppelin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:56 pm

dakatz wrote:Guess I'm be withdrawing pretty soon. After the 25K/year offer at BU and 30K/year + housing at GW, W&L would have had to top those offers to put it in real contention for me.

+ housing? That's sexy.

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby xokel87 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:56 pm

dakatz wrote:Guess I'm be withdrawing pretty soon. After the 25K/year offer at BU and 30K/year + housing at GW, W&L would have had to top those offers to put it in real contention for me.


I'd go to BU with a scholarship like that .. got 30k at W&L. mind telling me your stats?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:56 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:$30,000. So close to full...

As far as my choices go, W&L moves to the top. Nevertheless, still very close at this point in the game.

Numbers in profile.


Congrats on that. Apparently one LSAT point makes a $24,500 a year difference though.
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabewatch
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby gabewatch » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:57 pm

17,000/yr with a 3.0!! super excited/surprised about this. this offer beats out offers from other much lower ranked schools like lewis and clark, depaul etc. my numbers are 166, 3.1. this put W and L at the top for me.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby The Zeppelin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote:$30,000. So close to full...

As far as my choices go, W&L moves to the top. Nevertheless, still very close at this point in the game.

Numbers in profile.


Congrats on that. Apparently one LSAT point makes a $24,500 difference though.

Guess it's like the 164 wall at UGA.

Side note: What are your thoughts on our new coach?

User avatar
Rowinguy2009
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:01 pm

I got full tuition?!? 38,000 and change each year, will be adjusted by the board of trustees each year to make sure offer matches any tuition raises. 166 LSAT 3.74 gpa. All I can say is holy sh*t. I am psyched. The only downside is a 3.25 gpa stipulation. Any way I can talk that down to 3.0?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby dakatz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:02 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:
dakatz wrote:Guess I'm be withdrawing pretty soon. After the 25K/year offer at BU and 30K/year + housing at GW, W&L would have had to top those offers to put it in real contention for me.

+ housing? That's sexy.


Yeah, its housing for 1 year in a studio apartment building just for 1L's. Really makes the BU/GW dilemma tough. I'm more of a city person so it would have taken a lot to get me out to Lexington.

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby pollaclc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:03 pm

yesss scholarship email: 24000/yr if i keep a 3.0, which they claim 80% of students do... now how do i go about using that and by 20000/yrs at wake forest and notre dame to talk william & mary into giving me a lot more than 6000/yr?

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Rowinguy2009 wrote:I got full tuition?!? 38,000 and change each year, will be adjusted by the board of trustees each year to make sure offer matches any tuition raises. 166 LSAT 3.74 gpa. All I can say is holy sh*t. I am psyched. The only downside is a 3.25 gpa stipulation. Any way I can talk that down to 3.0?


A 3.25 is around their median. Full tuition with the requirement that you stay in the top 50% is about as good as it gets. 3.0 would be top 80-90%.

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby moonmaster3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:11 pm

doesn't look like il'l be getting anything today.

Wee-Bey
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Wee-Bey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm

17 a year if I can maintain a 3.0. If they had given me more I might have toyed with the idea of Lexington, but I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Nothing in the mail today...excited to hear my offer from W&L, hopefully it compares favorably to that from W&M

theseus636
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby theseus636 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Does anybody know if all the scholarship offers are going out today?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby ruleser » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Wee-Bey wrote:17 a year if I can maintain a 3.0. If they had given me more I might have toyed with the idea of Lexington, but I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

+1
I was one of the full-tuition/2 weeks to accept offers last summer. Quite a drop in $$$ to swallow. I was about to start scheduling my trip back that way - now may wait a bit and see what other offers come.

If they'd repeated the offer, be a strong chance I'd be there...

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby mikcou » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Got the email this afternoon. 24,000 a year!!!

fedtaxed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fedtaxed » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 pm

theseus636 wrote:Does anybody know if all the scholarship offers are going out today?

I don't know -- but I haven't received anything today & my numbers are in the same range as people who have gotten offers. So I hope/expect that there are still more to come....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], hopes&dreams, Lawson and 16 guests