Washington and Lee

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vandalvideo
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby vandalvideo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:24 pm

*Looks at the calendar*

So is it "mid-January" yet?

weis14
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby weis14 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm

jerichogringo wrote:Just got the letter today! In the 1/20 group and I was accepted!


+1

hellomoto
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby hellomoto » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 pm

DR 1/20 and in as well. Now just waiting to hear about some scholarships

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm

fwilliamgreen wrote:I am in the DR 1/20 batch but have not received any mail. Anyone else from New England in this situation?

me :?

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm

SAE wrote:
fwilliamgreen wrote:I am in the DR 1/20 batch but have not received any mail. Anyone else from New England in this situation?

me :?


Same; but, I suspect it has more to do with my campus mail than the post office being slow.

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby jmaan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
SAE wrote:
fwilliamgreen wrote:I am in the DR 1/20 batch but have not received any mail. Anyone else from New England in this situation?

me :?


Same; but, I suspect it has more to do with my campus mail than the post office being slow.


+1 but in CA

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
SAE wrote:
fwilliamgreen wrote:I am in the DR 1/20 batch but have not received any mail. Anyone else from New England in this situation?

me :?


Same; but, I suspect it has more to do with my campus mail than the post office being slow.

I had NO mail today. It's not impossible that nothing came, but it could be that the mailman took the day off.

User avatar
MURPH
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby MURPH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm

My letter arrived today, dated 1/20. I am in. I live in Hawaii so I am usually the last to get mail. My numbers are 2.98 / 175. I submitted my app 11/23 for those keeping track. The only other school I got into was Minnesota. I like the weather better in Virginia.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 am

What are everyone else's thoughts about the new 3L program? I think it is awesome, and it is one of the largest selling points for me.

Also, my guess is some of us will hear about schollies by Monday :)

married0L
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby married0L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:23 pm

I hope we hear back soon with scholies. Now that acceptances are rolling in, I am antsy to start weighting my schools with scholarship offers.

I also am a big fan of W&L's new third year program and like the idea of having two years of class work and one year with more practical hands on approach. My biggest concern with W&L is the price tag compared to other schools, finding a place for my wife to work around Lexington, and placement.

We currently are in Georgia and would like to end up in Atlanta (distance from both sets of parents) and friends there. UGA is such a tempting option given those circumstances plus instate tuition and an added scholarship.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Slimpee » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:25 pm

married0L wrote:
We currently are in Georgia and would like to end up in Atlanta (distance from both sets of parents) and friends there. UGA is such a tempting option given those circumstances plus instate tuition and an added scholarship.


This really sounds like the best choice for you. That said, you never want to say "what if?"

married0L
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby married0L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Agreed.

I was WLed at W&L undergrad and accepted for law school (I'll take that trade all day every day and twice on Sundays) but have always had an affinity for the school. It is a serious contender and I am excited about visiting. Come through with some money!

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby JMBrown32 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:35 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:What are everyone else's thoughts about the new 3L program? I think it is awesome, and it is one of the largest selling points for me.

Also, my guess is some of us will hear about schollies by Monday :)



I actually know nothing of it. Care to give a brief overview?

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:54 pm

JMBrown32 wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:What are everyone else's thoughts about the new 3L program? I think it is awesome, and it is one of the largest selling points for me.

Also, my guess is some of us will hear about schollies by Monday :)



I actually know nothing of it. Care to give a brief overview?


Really, there has been a ton of blogs about it. It may have a major impact on how other schools teach 3L or it may be a large FLOP!

http://law.wlu.edu/thirdyear/page.asp?pageid=650

Some actual hands on rather than just classes. Every 3L will be required to get a 3L practice certificate so they can get real life experience with real issues, instead of just mock.

married0L
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby married0L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

LSATfromNC,

I know we are both in at Wake and W&L and both waiting on money. I would love to hear your thoughts on how you are weighing the two.

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby mikcou » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm

DR 1/20. Finally got my acceptance today!!!!

User avatar
fwilliamgreen
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby fwilliamgreen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Still haven't gotten my DR 1/20 letter in MA...

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby mikcou » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

fwilliamgreen wrote:Still haven't gotten my DR 1/20 letter in MA...


Im in MA and just received it today so maybe it was slow getting to this area?

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:31 pm

my file went complete yesterday morning, and now decision mailed is my status today . . . What can this mean?

married0L
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby married0L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:46 pm

What are your stats?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:52 pm

married0L wrote:What are your stats?

:roll: In his profile.

Those numbers = acceptance.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:04 pm

SAE wrote:
married0L wrote:What are your stats?

:roll: In his profile.

Those numbers = acceptance.


He's my numbers twin...I would think he should get in as well

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:08 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
SAE wrote:
married0L wrote:What are your stats?

:roll: In his profile.

Those numbers = acceptance.


He's my numbers twin...I would think he should get in as well

Looks like he applied to far fewer schools than you did. With those stats it's a crime not to throw in apps to at least the lower t-14's.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm

SAE wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
SAE wrote:
married0L wrote:What are your stats?

:roll: In his profile.

Those numbers = acceptance.


He's my numbers twin...I would think he should get in as well

Looks like he applied to far fewer schools than you did. With those stats it's a crime not to throw in apps to at least the lower t-14's.


Agreed, although I'm not too optimistic about my chances at T14s...my school list is so big mostly because I am a December retaker (went from 161 to 168, otherwise I would not have applied to the T2 schools that I did). They're definitely worth the app fee if you have at least a chance of getting in.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Washington and Lee

Postby sibley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Scholarship info soon?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”