Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
happy19

New

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by happy19 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 am

I'll be at the April one too!

cpboy77

New

Post by cpboy77 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:51 pm

jmhendri wrote:<--- short, dark haired, Mediterranean looking gal.
You must not have gotten the latest W&L email. All dark haired Mediterranean girls have to go to the March 20th ASW.

What? No, of course I'm not just saying that because that's the one I'll be at.

Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 pm

cpboy77 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:<--- short, dark haired, Mediterranean looking gal.
You must not have gotten the latest W&L email. All dark haired Mediterranean girls have to go to the March 20th ASW.

What? No, of course I'm not just saying that because that's the one I'll be at.
I can validate what he is saying....it's 100% true, I got the e-mail and the formal letter explaining it and everything.

HERetICal

New

Post by HERetICal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Did the March 20th people ever come up with a plan for identifying each other, or should we just look for the students taking nips outta pocket flasks?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 pm

HERetICal wrote:Did the March 20th people ever come up with a plan for identifying each other, or should we just look for the students taking nips outta pocket flasks?

orange string around left wrist, red one around right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HERetICal

New

Post by HERetICal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:09 pm

sibley wrote:
HERetICal wrote:Did the March 20th people ever come up with a plan for identifying each other, or should we just look for the students taking nips outta pocket flasks?

I honestly think I preferred the star on the name tag idea more than this idea.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 pm

HERetICal wrote:
sibley wrote:

me too. because then all the other kids will think you're special. that you got some special scholarship meeting thing or something. I don't think a star on the nametag is holocaust-esq, especially if it's an asterisk in the corner.

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:54 pm

I feel like I'm the only one on here aching to hear back from them. All of you have been accepted and are already making plans to open up backwoods distilleries.

HERetICal

New

Post by HERetICal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 pm

NYVA311 wrote:I feel like I'm the only one on here aching to hear back from them. All of you have been accepted and are already making plans to open up backwoods distilleries.
I hope you get good news when you do hear back. I have a few friends who are also still waiting (since 12/3).

**fingers-crossed for you all!**

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:12 pm

HERetICal wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:I feel like I'm the only one on here aching to hear back from them. All of you have been accepted and are already making plans to open up backwoods distilleries.
I hope you get good news when you do hear back. I have a few friends who are also still waiting (since 12/3).

Much appreciated! I'm in your friends' position - waiting since November! We're bound to hear back soon though.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Going to the April open house. This'll probably decide whether or not I go to law school this year.

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:23 pm

NYVA311 wrote:
HERetICal wrote:

Much appreciated! I'm in your friends' position - waiting since November! We're bound to hear back soon though.
I'm also waiting...though i just saw on status checker that my decision letter was mailed today

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Status checker shows my letter of decision was mailed today. I assume W&L mails ALL decisions?? Anyone?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm

nowinGA wrote:Status checker shows my letter of decision was mailed today. I assume W&L mails ALL decisions?? Anyone?
They emailed a number of acceptances within the last week or so but typically it has been mail. There are posts several days ago from people who got email.

raoul79

New

Post by raoul79 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:40 pm

nowinGA wrote:Status checker shows my letter of decision was mailed today. I assume W&L mails ALL decisions?? Anyone?
For most of this cycle, they have been replying all decisions by mail. Last batch of Acceptances was emailed though... Check the end of last week. You will see that some people got in via email. Best of luck! When did you apply? Complete date? Numbers?

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Your letters were mailed today? I give up. There can't possibly be anything else holding them back from making a decision at this point. I'm an auto-reject, just hoping for a wait list. I don't get why I wasn't rejected with the first batch or second batch of them.

Do you both have wait list/acceptance worthy numbers?

crw09

New

Post by crw09 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Longtime lurker, but probably will see you all at W&L next year.

I just visited yesterday. I only live about 3 hours away and wanted the trip during our current nice weather, so I drove down even though it is their spring break right now. I also didn't make an appointment with the admissions people, so I don't have a whole lot of information to add. I was mostly interested in checking out the town, and was pleasantly surprised by how pleasant Lexington was--definitely a small town, but a very easy walk from the law school to some restaurants/cafes and little shops. I went to UG at Amherst, and Lexington reminded me of a little New England town, which was nice since Appalachia in general is pretty depressed. The lunch I had from a place in town was also very good, so that's promising.

The campus itself is beautiful--the law school is probably the ugliest building, but isn't hideous or anything. It's set a bit away from the rest of campus, but still under 5 minute walk. Since it was spring break, it's a little hard to tell, but there appeared to be plenty of parking. Inside, there were lots of comfy-looking chairs and couches. Everyone I saw around campus seemed very friendly.

I may end up going again for one of the open houses, since it wasn't really a good time to meet people or sit in on classes, but I was still impressed with the campus and town.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:58 pm

i have the same status...my status re-updated the complete date a few days ago as well and then today i saw that the letter was mailed. did yours do this too? what are your numbers?

tkicker182

New

Post by tkicker182 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 pm

gogo wrote:
i have the same status...my status re-updated the complete date a few days ago as well and then today i saw that the letter was mailed. did yours do this too? what are your numbers?

I received my initial acceptance via email last week without a change in status checker; they said they would send me a letter soon. The letter came yesterday and my status changed on Monday to Decision Reached, Notification Pending.

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 pm

tkicker182 wrote:
gogo wrote:

I received my initial acceptance via email last week without a change in status checker; they said they would send me a letter soon. The letter came yesterday and my status changed on Monday to Decision Reached, Notification Pending.
interesting. mine said "letter of decision mailed" so maybe that means it's not an admit...hmm :/

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:28 pm

What are your numbers?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:30 pm

HERetICal wrote:
sibley wrote:

How about a secret hand signal? Vulcan sign?

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 pm

What about a coded phrase... "They say the weather in New England is dreadful right now"

HERetICal

New

Post by HERetICal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:36 pm

If everyone is gonna be there for the coffee thing friday night, we could all plan to meet after it at the hotel lobby.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:50 pm

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread. :oops:
Last edited by jks289 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”