Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jlue05

New

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by jlue05 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:37 pm

itzbouttime wrote:I've been following this thread for a while and I finally decided to join in :D . I went complete on 11/28 and received a decision on 12/4. In at W&L! :D From those that have been accepted how many of you think that W&L might be where you end up? Is anyone planning on visiting the school before making their decision? Maybe we should have an new post for accepted students. I don't know just a thought. I would really like to toss ideas back and forth with some accepted individuals because I'm really considering W&L. Also, is anyone planning on reading some pre-law school material before you actually start in August?
I am very seriously considering W&L. I visited Lex this summer and LOVED it but did not go to the law school specifically. I plan to visit in the next month or so.
Last edited by jlue05 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:47 pm

jlue05 wrote:
itzbouttime wrote:I've been following this thread for a while and I finally decided to join in :D . I went complete on 11/28 and received a decision on 12/4. In at W&L! :D From those that have been accepted how many of you think that W&L might be where you end up? Is anyone planning on visiting the school before making their decision? Maybe we should have an new post for accepted students. I don't know just a thought. I would really like to toss ideas back and forth with some accepted individuals because I'm really considering W&L. Also, is anyone planning on reading some pre-law school material before you actually start in August?
I am very seriously considering W&L. I visited Lex this summer and LOVED it but did not go to the law school specifically. I plan to visit in the next month or so.

Also, just thought I'd add this for all of you to enjoy: --LinkRemoved--
Thanks for posting. Lexington looks beautiful.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 pm

In via snail mail yesterday! :D

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:In via snail mail yesterday! :D
Congrats! Did your status checker change before you got it?

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Congrats! Did your status checker change before you got it?
Wish I could say, I never checked the status checker :x sorry

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Where do you live if you dont mind me asking. They said they mailed my letter on 1/8. Im on the west coast and still haven't received it.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
Where do you live if you dont mind me asking. They said they mailed my letter on 1/8. Im on the west coast and still haven't received it.
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm in Phoenix and it took about 10 days for me to get mine.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm in Phoenix and it took about 10 days for me to get mine.
Oh wow really? Ok thanks for telling me that. I feel a lot better. lol damn the admissions process is a bitch.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm

I live in NY and yea it was dated on the 8th.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Decision letter sent 1/13. Status still just says "Your application file is complete" dated 12/23. FWIW, I submitted in early Dec. and got a status checker in the middle of Dec.

Not sure if this is good or bad or if there's any way to know...

EDIT: Just noticed that there was an error on status checkers and it may not mean anything. Guess i'll find out soon! If a decision really was rendered does the checker change?

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Sorry if this was asked already but is there an ASD coming up? And also, do they give you any sort of subsidy to head out for it?

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Slimpee wrote:Decision letter sent 1/13. Status still just says "Your application file is complete" dated 12/23. FWIW, I submitted in early Dec. and got a status checker in the middle of Dec.

EDIT: Just noticed that there was an error on status checkers and it may not mean anything. Guess i'll find out soon! If a decision really was rendered does the checker change?
What error are you talking about? The one that happened in early November? Also I am DS 1/13...

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Notor wrote:
Slimpee wrote:Decision letter sent 1/13. Status still just says "Your application file is complete" dated 12/23. FWIW, I submitted in early Dec. and got a status checker in the middle of Dec.

What error are you talking about? The one that happened in early November? Also I am DS 1/13...
I saw that an error was made but two people told me it was for early Nov. people so it looks like I have a decision!

GL w/ yours!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Slimpee wrote:
Notor wrote:

I saw that an error was made but two people told me it was for early Nov. people so it looks like I have a decision!

GL w/ yours!
I hope so because I was affected by the early November error

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm also showing a decision letter mailed 1/13 but my status is still "application file complete" with a date of 11/5.

interesting...

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:I'm also showing a decision letter mailed 1/13 but my status is still "application file complete" with a date of 11/5.

interesting...
Yeah, same w/ mine except it's 12/23. I smell a WL but definitely hoping for an acceptance!...

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:37 pm

I don't know. According to LSN no one was rejected or WLed until the first week of March.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Zojirushi wrote:I don't know. According to LSN no one was rejected or WLed until the first week of March.
You. I like you. I'll take a serving of the positive thinking pie. :lol:

Miltiades

Gold

Post by Miltiades » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Letter mailed. I checked my status and I almost closed after seeing the status had not changed and then the mailing section caught my eye. Mailed today...you would think they could update the whole status. I don't know what to think about it. My expectations are pretty low at this point, and I have no faith on the notions that "there were no rejections before )____ last year."

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Miltiades wrote:Letter mailed. I checked my status and I almost closed after seeing the status had not changed and then the mailing section caught my eye. Mailed today...you would think they could update the whole status. I don't know what to think about it. My expectations are pretty low at this point, and I have no faith on the notions that "there were no rejections before )____ last year."
I wasn't even really paying attention when I checked and I barely caught the extra mailing. I'm surprised i went decision sent so quickly (seeing as other 1/13 DS people applied in Nov.) because i'm below both medians...which is why i'm thinking WL...but maybe they really liked me and I was put into the "Accept" pile!

As for WL's not going out until March, Robin was WL'ed a little while ago. I hope you get in, Robin!

Miltiades

Gold

Post by Miltiades » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Slimpee wrote:
Miltiades wrote:Letter mailed. I checked my status and I almost closed after seeing the status had not changed and then the mailing section caught my eye. Mailed today...you would think they could update the whole status. I don't know what to think about it. My expectations are pretty low at this point, and I have no faith on the notions that "there were no rejections before )____ last year."
I wasn't even really paying attention when I checked and I barely caught the extra mailing. I'm surprised i went decision sent so quickly (seeing as other 1/13 DS people applied in Nov.) because i'm below both medians...which is why i'm thinking WL...but maybe they really liked me and I was put into the "Accept" pile!

As for WL's not going out until March, Robin was WL'ed a little while ago. I hope you get in, Robin!
WL sounds about right for how things have been going for me lately.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:51 pm

I have been complete since 11/18. No mailing. Pretty sure I will get a rejection in March.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Zojirushi wrote:I have been complete since 11/18. No mailing. Pretty sure I will get a rejection in March.
Your numbers are better than mine so maybe i'm getting a WL and you're just on "hold"

Doodsmack

Bronze

Post by Doodsmack » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:02 pm

lol, I'd like to count up how many times someone on this forum has seen something inconsequential on their status checker change and react by saying "OH MY GOD I'M GETTING WAITLISTED OR REJECTED!"

Law schools need to just eliminate the status checker system.

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Man W&L are on their next set of DR, and I still haven't gotten my letter mailed out last week. Good luck to all of you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”