Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JohnHawkins

New

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by JohnHawkins » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:31 pm

In today! First school in my cycle.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

JohnHawkins wrote:In today! First school in my cycle.
How were you notified? Stats?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Should I ask if it will have any bearing on my admissions decision? I'm not having a good day today, fml....

JohnHawkins

New

Post by JohnHawkins » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Last edited by JohnHawkins on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

robin600 wrote:Should I ask if it will have any bearing on my admissions decision? I'm not having a good day today, fml....
--ImageRemoved--

It's not that bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

waxloaf

Bronze

Post by waxloaf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm

robin600 wrote:Should I ask if it will have any bearing on my admissions decision? I'm not having a good day today, fml....
Asking won't help your app any, if I was an adcomm I would be bothered by unnecessary emails and such. If they won't remove it, but they will take the new one, I would say it will hurt you slightly, but certainly not as bad as it would have hurt you if you hadn't noticed the typo.

edit: I agree with SAE, its not that bad, we are all human. Just relax and realize that you have done all you can do. It isn't in your hands anymore.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm

waxloaf wrote:
Asking won't help your app any, if I was an adcomm I would be bothered by unnecessary emails and such. If they won't remove it, but they will take the new one, I would say it will hurt you slightly, but certainly not as bad as it would have hurt you if you hadn't noticed the typo.

edit: I agree with SAE, its not that bad, we are all human. Just relax and realize that you have done all you can do. It isn't in your hands anymore.
Definitely submit two. Maybe title the new one "UPDATED" or something and they might not even bother looking at the original.

I'm pretty sure the adcomms aren't the ones we're emailing when we ask for our files to be updated. Don't worry about annoying them.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 pm

sibley wrote:
waxloaf wrote:

Definitely submit two. Maybe title the new one "UPDATED" or something and they might not even bother looking at the original.

I'm pretty sure the adcomms aren't the ones we're emailing when we ask for our files to be updated. Don't worry about annoying them.
I submitted the second one to the Dean, because that's who I addressed the first one to. I pointed out the typo and explained my situation, and he just said that he will add the letter I submitted but won't remove the first one. Are you saying I should submit it again to the lawadm address and title it updated?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 pm

robin600 wrote:
sibley wrote:
waxloaf wrote:

I submitted the second one to the Dean, because that's who I addressed the first one to. I pointed out the typo and explained my situation, and he just said that he will add the letter I submitted but won't remove the first one. Are you saying I should submit it again to the lawadm address and title it updated?
If you already did it then no , nevermind. But dont' worry about it! No biggie. They know we can hardly keep our heads on during the application process.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

sibley wrote:
If you already did it then no , nevermind. But dont' worry about it! No biggie. They know we can hardly keep our heads on during the application process.
I hope so, I just feel like a screw up now.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:19 pm

You left out a word, and not a big word.

Chances are, most people reading it will automatically fill in the correct word in their mind and not even notice it.

Relax.

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm

SAE wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

It's not that bad.
+1

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:36 pm

sibley wrote:
waxloaf wrote:

<b>I'm pretty sure the adcomms aren't the ones we're emailing when we ask for our files to be updated.</b> Don't worry about annoying them.
I'm not sure how other law schools work, but I know for a fact that when you e-mail Brett Twitty or Andrea Hilton at W&L (the two heads/members of the ad comm) about your file, they are the ones who address your question/concern and e-mail you. They do a really great job of making themselves accessible and personable to us.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:27 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
sibley wrote:
waxloaf wrote:

<b>I'm pretty sure the adcomms aren't the ones we're emailing when we ask for our files to be updated.</b> Don't worry about annoying them.
I'm not sure how other law schools work, but I know for a fact that when you e-mail Brett Twitty or Andrea Hilton at W&L (the two heads/members of the ad comm) about your file, they are the ones who address your question/concern and e-mail you. They do a really great job of making themselves accessible and personable to us.
That's who I talked to, Mr. Twitty. I emailed him with the new version, and he said he will add both to the file. oh well :cry:

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Did anyone else get the e-mail inviting them to join the admitted students group on Facebook?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:Did anyone else get the e-mail inviting them to join the admitted students group on Facebook?
Yep.Might join. But only after I've gotten all my decisions.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 pm

sibley wrote:
whatchootalkinbout wrote:Did anyone else get the e-mail inviting them to join the admitted students group on Facebook?
What are you afraid of?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 pm

SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:
What are you afraid of?
Adcomm stalkers

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 pm

sibley wrote:
SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:
What are you afraid of?
Adcomm stalkers
Do you have zero privacy restrictions on your profile?

I'm pretty sure mine will not even show up through the search.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:08 pm

SAE wrote:
sibley wrote:
SAE wrote:
sibley wrote: Yep.Might join. But only after I've gotten all my decisions.
What are you afraid of?
Adcomm stalkers
Do you have zero privacy restrictions on your profile?

I'm pretty sure mine will not even show up through the search.
I think that all that shows up for most people's profiles are their picture, their name, their network, and their pages. I don't feel the need to mess with my settings right now to find out if mine is that way. I also don't like clutter. And I don't like excessive numbers of emails from facebook, especially when I expect any email to be from a law school, and you know there will be excessive updates to that page (which will at least appear in that little red number box thing)

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:08 pm

You can modify your settings so Facebook never emails you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

sibley wrote:I think that all that shows up for most people's profiles are their picture, their name, their network, and their pages. I don't feel the need to mess with my settings right now to find out if mine is that way. I also don't like clutter. And I don't like excessive numbers of emails from facebook, especially when I expect any email to be from a law school, and you know there will be excessive updates to that page (which will at least appear in that little red number box thing)
For what it's worth, it's actually a really helpful resource with information on the Open House, ways to connect with Law Ambassadors/Kergis Fellows, plenty of pictures from last year's orientation, updates from Brett Twitty, a blog, etc. Jussayin.

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm

haha I got the email about the facebook group and requested to join. Just realized my profile pic is a little weird (Think Jersey Shore party). Oh well.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
sibley wrote:I think that all that shows up for most people's profiles are their picture, their name, their network, and their pages. I don't feel the need to mess with my settings right now to find out if mine is that way. I also don't like clutter. And I don't like excessive numbers of emails from facebook, especially when I expect any email to be from a law school, and you know there will be excessive updates to that page (which will at least appear in that little red number box thing)
For what it's worth, it's actually a really helpful resource with information on the Open House, ways to connect with Law Ambassadors/Kergis Fellows, plenty of pictures from last year's orientation, updates from Brett Twitty, a blog, etc. Jussayin.
Hence my interest in eventually joining... just not yet.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Fortunately I had already changed my photo from the one of me trying to drink four Peroni at the same time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”