Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PDaddy

Gold

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by PDaddy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:32 pm

RonArtest wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:LOL someone got their 3/24 letter yesterday on the west coast? I'm 1 hour from W&L and haven't gotten mine yet. There's no way they sent them all out at the same time. That gives me hope that it's a mixed batch and they're sending different decisions out on different days.

Nothing new for me today (4 hours away). I hope you're right.
Good luck people...
Last edited by PDaddy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:39 pm

PDaddy, did you get your WL via e-mail?
PDaddy wrote:
RonArtest wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:LOL someone got their 3/24 letter yesterday on the west coast? I'm 1 hour from W&L and haven't gotten mine yet. There's no way they sent them all out at the same time. That gives me hope that it's a mixed batch and they're sending different decisions out on different days.

Got mine...I am waitlisted...I'm not that interested in W & L anyways. I like urban schools. That said, it must be a mixed bag.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm

It will be a mixed bag.
Last edited by PDaddy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Just withdrew, turning down a sizable scholarship. I hope it goes to one of you who decides Washington & Lee is where you really want to be. It's a great school, but I grew up in southern Virginia and it was a little too close to home for me. Best of luck to the rest of you.

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 am

Today HAS to be the day I get my 3/24 decision. What could possibly be taking so long to deliver mail on the same coast?

If I don't get it by Friday, would it be (in)appropriate to call the admissions office?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 pm

I also just withdrew, giving up $24,000. I definitely hope it goes to one of you! I really liked W&L, but wanted to stay in DC and have been given the opportunity to do so. Good luck all!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

umichgrad wrote:I also just withdrew, giving up $24,000. I definitely hope it goes to one of you! I really liked W&L, but wanted to stay in DC and have been given the opportunity to do so. Good luck all!
are you headed to GW?

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Veritas wrote:
umichgrad wrote:I also just withdrew, giving up $24,000. I definitely hope it goes to one of you! I really liked W&L, but wanted to stay in DC and have been given the opportunity to do so. Good luck all!
are you headed to GW?
Yes Sir :D I'm thrilled. Have you made a decision yet?

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm

For those that attended the ASW in March, how was the mock class? Was the setup relatively lax or was it treated like a legit "So, Mr. So&so, what do you think about..."?

Just wondering what to expect.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Who else is at the Southern Inn for this weekend?

jaxangler

New

Post by jaxangler » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:12 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:For those that attended the ASW in March, how was the mock class? Was the setup relatively lax or was it treated like a legit "So, Mr. So&so, what do you think about..."?

Just wondering what to expect.
We had Murchison, and I believe y'all have King, but Murchison was really cool. He was very enthusiastic, encouraged participation, and wasn't rude at all if you were wrong. It's definitely not your typical law school class, no socratic method or anything. Anyone that talked was a volunteer so if you just want to lay low and relax then you will be fine. I thought the ASW in general was very well run, and just a great look into W&L. For all of you who are going I hope you enjoy it.

whatchootalkinbout

Bronze

Post by whatchootalkinbout » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:15 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:Who else is at the Southern Inn for this weekend?
I'm down (if by Southern Inn you mean the restaurant). Also, word on the street is there will be a patio party at the law school Friday night. Not sure what the occasion is, but I'm not complaining.

NYVA311

Bronze

Post by NYVA311 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Still waiting on my 3/24 letter. Either it was lost in the mail, or it's really a 3/30 or 3/31 letter. Or maybe even a 4/1 letter. I'm not sure how far behind they are. Anyone else?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm

NYVA311 wrote:Still waiting on my 3/24 letter. Either it was lost in the mail, or it's really a 3/30 or 3/31 letter. Or maybe even a 4/1 letter. I'm not sure how far behind they are. Anyone else?
+1

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:Still waiting on my 3/24 letter. Either it was lost in the mail, or it's really a 3/30 or 3/31 letter. Or maybe even a 4/1 letter. I'm not sure how far behind they are. Anyone else?
+1
3/24.. still no mail.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
I'm down (if by Southern Inn you mean the restaurant). Also, word on the street is there will be a patio party at the law school Friday night. Not sure what the occasion is, but I'm not complaining.
I want in!

statuscheckerssuck

Bronze

Post by statuscheckerssuck » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm

jmhendri wrote:
I want in!
lol I am an idiot and actually meant country inn, as in where I am staying this weekend (I guess half are here and half are at holiday inn). However, I am definitely thinking dinner and drinks are in order ( I have no preference where). Is there a certain time people want to go or do people want to just PM me cell numbers and names? If there are people that are flying in and need a ride from the hotel I can do that as well. Can't wait to meet you all!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
I want in!
lol I am an idiot and actually meant country inn, as in where I am staying this weekend (I guess half are here and half are at holiday inn). However, I am definitely thinking dinner and drinks are in order ( I have no preference where). Is there a certain time people want to go or do people want to just PM me cell numbers and names? If there are people that are flying in and need a ride from the hotel I can do that as well. Can't wait to meet you all!
I'm at the Country in too. I think preferences about dinner and drinks are pretty irrelevant considering the limited selection... but we'll figure it out. I'll PM you my cell and name.
Last edited by jmhendri on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skamike

New

Post by skamike » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 pm

jmhendri wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
I'm at the Country in too. I think preferences about dinner and drinks are pretty irrelevant considering the limited selection... but we'll figure it out. I'll PM you my cell and name.

I'm at the Country
I'm down for this as well. I fly in late afternoonish

sailgclass

New

Post by sailgclass » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm staying at the country inn as well and am definitely down for dinner and drinks. Statuschecker PM sent

daagermy1

New

Post by daagermy1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:47 pm

Went to March ASW. Country Inn was pretty sweet. Nice amenities (had a jacuzzi tub!) and comfy bed. Breakfast was standard (waffle maker was a plus).

Not sure if your dinner is at the Sheridan Livery Inn, but if so, I definitely recommend the bar across the street. $2.75 schooners of beer (including Yuengling) for happy hour beforehand. Not gonna lie, we were tempted to skip the dinner and stay put...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RonArtest

New

Post by RonArtest » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:33 am

RonArtest wrote:

3/24 here with nothing new, again. The suspense is killing me.

kevin261186

Bronze

Post by kevin261186 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:41 am

3/24 ding. sorry.

RonArtest

New

Post by RonArtest » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

At this point, I'm fully expecting a large package in the mail today. It will lead me to believe it is filled with housing, deposit info, ect. Instead it will have a reject letter and multiple pages with Dave Chappelle's picture and underneath a caption reading 'gotcha bitch, April Fools bahahaha.' That would be the perfect end to this cycle.

I will be strangely let down if this doesn't happen.

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Mail came today -- nothing from W&L.

Any confirm that all 3/24's are dings? Any 3/24 acceptances yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”