Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Gold

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:26 pm

rodewan wrote:
nol607 wrote:ditto. Do they reimburse, and if you get accepted off the waitlist are you paying sticker?
ditto here as well. they said they will send out details about preview day later (i guess that would include details about reimbursement), and that meeting them firsthand can "enhance" our chances of admission. blahhh, kinda bummed right now, getting wl'ed everywhere.
sorry about the wl's guys =( I think it's that time in the cycle where this is gonna start happening to us a lot. I got a WL and a rejection this week. ddav87, did you get an email? if not... looks bad =/

I'm probably going to withdraw but I haven't quite made up my mind yet so I don't want to do it until I'm absolutey sure, you know? but if/when I do I suspect that'll help you guys out since they are probably expecting me to attend (they gave me a nice scholarship). As for scholarships for WL, I think it's mostly going to be grant money that's available...

bryntax

New

Post by bryntax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:43 pm

crw09 wrote:I'm also a girl who will (probably) be looking for housing in Lexington. I'm pretty neat, though not too nutty about it, and like to cook. I have a very awesome small dog, so I know that will narrow my options and might make it hard to find a roommate, but if anyone would like to live with a pet without having to take on any of the responsibility, or if there are any other pet owners, let me know!
well i have no clue where i will end up but W&L is up there. i have 2 cats to bring with me, so pet owners are cool with me.

going to ASD? i'll be at the april one. we can keep in touch and i will let you know my final choice!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:45 pm

bryntax wrote:
crw09 wrote:I'm also a girl who will (probably) be looking for housing in Lexington. I'm pretty neat, though not too nutty about it, and like to cook. I have a very awesome small dog, so I know that will narrow my options and might make it hard to find a roommate, but if anyone would like to live with a pet without having to take on any of the responsibility, or if there are any other pet owners, let me know!
well i have no clue where i will end up but W&L is up there. i have 2 cats to bring with me, so pet owners are cool with me.

going to ASD? i'll be at the april one. we can keep in touch and i will let you know my final choice!
bryntax knows syntax ...and about garden path sentences?

Lifer86

New

Post by Lifer86 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 pm

southerngrace wrote:
eandy wrote:WL by email.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx

Greetings from Lexington, VA!

I'm writing to let you know that a letter placing your name on the waiting list for our Class of 2013 is on its way to you by post.

blah blah blah preview day blah blah blah
+1
+1

First one to get back to me so far, and better than an outright reject I suppose. I was actually stunned at how fast they got back to me. I only applied on the 5th, went complete on the 8th, and had the "decision mailed" thing on the 11th.

At least they were kind enough to send an e-mail this time rather than torturing us with the snail mail wait!

WithGrace23

New

Post by WithGrace23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Wait listed as well...

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx

I'm writing to let you know that a letter placing your name on the waiting list for our Class of 2013 is on its way to you by post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:49 pm

any thoughts on the new 3L program?

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Veritas wrote:any thoughts on the new 3L program?
sounds practical?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Panther7 wrote:
sounds practical?
what is it?

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:53 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:Wait listed as well...

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx

+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:54 pm

sibley wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
sounds practical?
what is it?
http://law.wlu.edu/thirdyear/ there some on it

the Dean is leaving though, and he spearheaded it

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Veritas wrote:
sibley wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
sounds practical?
what is it?
http://law.wlu.edu/thirdyear/ there some on it

the Dean is leaving though, and he spearheaded it
it just looks like a structured version of what we'd have to do ourselves anyway... find clinics and summer positions and all that...

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 pm

I thought you decided against W&L. Are you just trying to get your post count up to 20,000 before school starts?

Kidding...kind of. :D

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 pm

forty-two wrote:
I thought you decided against W&L. Are you just trying to get your post count up to 20,000 before school starts?

where are you leaning towards, veritas?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 pm

forty-two wrote:

hahahahahha!

no :oops: just curious on people's thoughts. The 3L program was what kind of turned me off.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:03 pm

sibley wrote:
forty-two wrote:

:| not sure yet, still have about 4-5 schools in play

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Veritas wrote:
sibley wrote:
forty-two wrote:

:| not sure yet, still have about 4-5 schools in play
details please!
I know I should take wash u up on their offer, but I'm thinking Cardozo anyway.

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Veritas wrote:
forty-two wrote:

hahahahahha!

no :oops: just curious on people's thoughts. The 3L program was what kind of turned me off.
I lurk and post occasionally because one of my kids is on here and will be attending W&L. I am a lawyer and one of the reasons I favored W&L was the 3 year program. One of my best classes, in terms of preparing me to become a lawyer, was a legal clinic. I met with clients, prepared pleadings and argued cases before judges. I learned more about practicing law in that 3 hour class than the rest of the classes combined. I am not saying the rest won't help you, far from it. I simply believe the 3L program will give you a much better understanding of what you will be doing and how to go about doing it than taking another class in admin law or something you might never need to know about.

Just my $.02

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Waitlisted today, oh well. Got into some reaches, so probably wasn't going anyway.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm

gords329 wrote:
cr073137 wrote:Does anyone know if the second batch of scholarship got sent out? I got admitted in January and I havent heard anything, just 3 letters from deans and faculty. Does this mean I'm getting any?
I'm wondering the same thing. I got accepted in mid-February and haven't received scholarship info either. I actually called and spoke to someone at W & L to see if I am being considered for scholly $. Eveyone who is accepted is technically being considered for $, but I was curious to know if I might have a letter on the way or something. I was told that I would receive an email concerning my status in this process. That was a few days ago, and I have not received any communication from them. I was told that they do not send any type of a "sorry, but you're not getting any scholly $ from us" letter. That's understandable, as that is a crappy letter to have to send to people, but at the same time it sucks to be sitting in scholly $ purgatory as seat deposit deadlines approach. Maybe they're waiting to see if some of the $80k-$100k offer recipients will withdraw?

My lsat is on the lower end of their spectrum, so I am not expecting a ton of $, but sticker price is just too damn pricey.

Just got a scholarship in the mail today. Now I'm definitely gonna hit up that ASW next weekend.

NiGhTHaWk830

New

Post by NiGhTHaWk830 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 am

Got a letter in the mail today, $24K a year, renewable. This kind of changes things a little...

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Is anybody driving to the March 19 Washington and Lee admitted student day? What about from the Richmond airport to Lexington? I'm considering driving from the Midwest, because tickets into Roanoke are prohibitively expensive.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

acoon624

New

Post by acoon624 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:02 pm

I've been "file is complete" since 2/19 so I just hope to hear soon. It was a reach for me anyways because of the fee waiver but I just want an answer either way at this point.

jaxangler

New

Post by jaxangler » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 pm

lawschooliseasy wrote:Is anybody driving to the March 19 Washington and Lee admitted student day? What about from the Richmond airport to Lexington? I'm considering driving from the Midwest, because tickets into Roanoke are prohibitively expensive.
I just wanted to make sure that you know W&L will reimburse up to 300 dollars of travel costs if you are willing to share a hotel room that they also provide, 200 if you want your own room.

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 pm

jaxangler wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:Is anybody driving to the March 19 Washington and Lee admitted student day? What about from the Richmond airport to Lexington? I'm considering driving from the Midwest, because tickets into Roanoke are prohibitively expensive.
I just wanted to make sure that you know W&L will reimburse up to 300 dollars of travel costs if you are willing to share a hotel room that they also provide, 200 if you want your own room.
I do, but airfare to Roanoke is very, very expensive. If I drive, it'd be more entertaining to do it with someone else.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:
jaxangler wrote:
I do, but airfare to Roanoke is very, very expensive. If I drive, it'd be more entertaining to do it with someone else.
i'm flying from the midwest, sorry.

wasn't too expensive on travelocity as long as you were willing to take the early morning flights.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”