Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vincent Vega

Silver

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 am

fasttrack226 wrote:
ruleser wrote:DR today, 12/8. Hoping quick news is good news - got complete e-mail around 11/15, sent end of Oct. Really looking forward to visiting and seeing the campus, and hearing more about the 3L program.
DR for me too! hopefully its good news. Are decisions given out through mail only?
Yes.

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:41 am

krispykitten wrote:
UTaylor526 wrote:Does anyone know anything about ASDs? I am really interested in W&L and would love to see everything.

Attend an Open House. Our Admitted Student Open Houses are scheduled for March 19-20 and April 2-3. More specific details about our two Open Houses are forthcoming.

http://law.wlu.edu/admissions/page2.asp?pageid=926
Thanks. I don't know how I missed that? I guess I read to the point where the FAQ was mentioned and then jumped to there. Oh well. Regardless, I am interested to see what further information they send out. I think I will try to make the April 2/3 one.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:15 am

Anybody write a why W&L? part of my ps was dedicated to why i like them but it doesn't seem enough? You think it'd make a difference if I wrote one?

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 am

robin600 wrote:Anybody write a why W&L? part of my ps was dedicated to why i like them but it doesn't seem enough? You think it'd make a difference if I wrote one?
A lesson I learned in UG: Always do whatever you can. It may not help but then again, it may. Which do you really want to take a chance on?

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 am

robin600 wrote:Anybody write a why W&L? part of my ps was dedicated to why i like them but it doesn't seem enough? You think it'd make a difference if I wrote one?
I dont think I did. If I remember correctly they wanted something to do with ethics. I choose not to write one because I have never been faced with such a situation before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:23 am

I wrote a why washington and lee essay. I did not write a ethics essay. I was among the first accepted.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:26 am

tram988 wrote:I wrote a why washington and lee essay. I did not write a ethics essay. I was among the first accepted.
Congrats tram, stats?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:54 am

Will someone quickly read my ethical statement, I'd like to submit it today???? Please it's like a page double spaced. I'd love you long time?!?!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:54 am

I wrote no essays, and was also accepted very early.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 am

I Pm'd you Robin

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Heart you tram!

Anyone else, I need one more and I will gladly return the favor!!!

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Robin, I've read in some of your other posts that you're blind. First off, it's pretty inspiring, and any school would be crazy to not let you in. Second, I was just kind of wondering how it was that you communicated so effectively-- specifically, how you read others' posts. I hope I don't sound ignorant, just genuinely curious.

jd2013

New

Post by jd2013 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:24 pm

in from the northeast!!!!!!! got letter today-1st decision!!! soooooo happy i'm going to law school!!!!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 pm

jd2013 wrote:in from the northeast!!!!!!! got letter today-1st decision!!! soooooo happy i'm going to law school!!!!!!!
Congrats, my friend. What does your status checker say?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:35 pm

ccs1702 wrote:Robin, I've read in some of your other posts that you're blind. First off, it's pretty inspiring, and any school would be crazy to not let you in. Second, I was just kind of wondering how it was that you communicated so effectively-- specifically, how you read others' posts. I hope I don't sound ignorant, just genuinely curious.

I think he said he was partially blind, so it could be an oversized font and/or the Windows visually impaired scheme.

Otherwise, they make Braille keyboards. Haven't you ever seen Sneakers?

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:37 pm

kalvano wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:Robin, I've read in some of your other posts that you're blind. First off, it's pretty inspiring, and any school would be crazy to not let you in. Second, I was just kind of wondering how it was that you communicated so effectively-- specifically, how you read others' posts. I hope I don't sound ignorant, just genuinely curious.

I think he said he was partially blind, so it could be an oversized font and/or the Windows visually impaired scheme.

Got it. Yeah, good point about Sneakers, just saw that like a month ago. Still, just navigating the desktop and everything seems like it could be difficult.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Got it. Yeah, good point about Sneakers, just saw that like a month ago. Still, just navigating the desktop and everything seems like it could be difficult.

I find navigating life in general difficult.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 pm

kalvano wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:
kalvano wrote:

I find navigating life in general difficult.
You and me both, brother.

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:12 pm

I still can't believe W&L has this much activity on TLS.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:I still can't believe W&L has this much activity on TLS.
I submitted a few days ago.

Good luck everyone!

Was the W&L app free to everyone?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Why is that?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Slimpee wrote:
I submitted a few days ago.

Good luck everyone!

Was the W&L app free to everyone?
A lot of people probably got fee waivers. That might be the reason. I wouldn't have applied if it wasn't for it. But now that I have, I'm really interested in the school.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:16 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
A lot of people probably got fee waivers. That might be the reason. I wouldn't have applied if it wasn't for it. But now that I have, I'm really interested in the school.
That is a big reason why I applied but i'm interested as well. Good lay reputation.

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Free for everyone to apply this year.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:28 pm

I would have applied anyway. It seems to be a consistently good T30 school with good placement and opportunities after graduation, in a relaxed environment where one can actually enjoy being in school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”