Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Regionality

Silver

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by Regionality » Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Withdrawing folks, hope it helps someone on the waitlist!!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Thu May 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Regionality wrote:Withdrawing folks, hope it helps someone on the waitlist!!
Where ya headed?

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 pm

primusux wrote:
Where ya headed?
Wisconsin! or my waitlists (#1 WUSTL, #2 W&M, #3 Illinois, #4Emory)

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Regionality wrote:
primusux wrote:
Where ya headed?
Cool, enjoy!

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Regionality wrote:
primusux wrote:
Where ya headed?
Best wishes and good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clwilson6

Bronze

Post by clwilson6 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:43 pm

I'm actually liking it for the most part. You have to travel a little to do some real shopping but 30 minutes will get you to some decent shopping centers. Not much different than many other places I've lived before. The views are great, air quality is nice and the weather is decent. I usually go grocery shopping at either Krogers or Food lion, they seem to have the best selection and prices, but both are pretty old buildings. Most of the business owners here are pretty nice. Most of the "townies" don't interact with out of towners to much. I think if they don't know you they don't want to get to know you. The funny thing is that many of the people who live here aren't from here, they just moved here for one reason or another. I don't have many complaints about the area. However, my wife gets frustated with not being able to get her girl stuff professionally done (hair and nails). Girly girls are really going to hate it hear because you don't have the same amenities as you do in the city.

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Sun May 30, 2010 11:59 pm

clwilson6 wrote:I'm actually liking it for the most part. You have to travel a little to do some real shopping but 30 minutes will get you to some decent shopping centers. Not much different than many other places I've lived before. The views are great, air quality is nice and the weather is decent. I usually go grocery shopping at either Krogers or Food lion, they seem to have the best selection and prices, but both are pretty old buildings. Most of the business owners here are pretty nice. Most of the "townies" don't interact with out of towners to much. I think if they don't know you they don't want to get to know you. The funny thing is that many of the people who live here aren't from here, they just moved here for one reason or another. I don't have many complaints about the area. However, my wife gets frustated with not being able to get her girl stuff professionally done (hair and nails). Girly girls are really going to hate it hear because you don't have the same amenities as you do in the city.
This information is also useful for "metrosexual" males...thanks for the head's up!

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:25 am

clwilson6 wrote:I'm actually liking it for the most part. You have to travel a little to do some real shopping but 30 minutes will get you to some decent shopping centers. Not much different than many other places I've lived before. The views are great, air quality is nice and the weather is decent. I usually go grocery shopping at either Krogers or Food lion, they seem to have the best selection and prices, but both are pretty old buildings. Most of the business owners here are pretty nice. Most of the "townies" don't interact with out of towners to much. I think if they don't know you they don't want to get to know you. The funny thing is that many of the people who live here aren't from here, they just moved here for one reason or another. I don't have many complaints about the area. However, my wife gets frustated with not being able to get her girl stuff professionally done (hair and nails). Girly girls are really going to hate it hear because you don't have the same amenities as you do in the city.
Hmmm...I was a little concerned about that. I'm not a girly girl by any means but I don't like crappy haircuts. Guess I'll be hightailing into Charlottesville. I saw a salon on Main Street that looked decent: http://www.salon215dayspa.com/. I don't know how good they are, but it seems to be an Aveda salon and I know they give their stylists more intensive training. I think they are a full-service salon and spa. You're wife might want to check it out.

dclaw

New

Post by dclaw » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:33 pm

anyone out there withdraw and not put down their second deposit?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Put down the second deposit. Duke closed their WL off last week and no reply from UVA or W&M.

I am excited nonetheless about W&L. August will be here soon.

Fergie

New

Post by Fergie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Curious - what do you mean by "duke closed their WL off last week"

were you trying to summer start?

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:16 am

DND. Good luck wait-listers.

freeman09

New

Post by freeman09 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Fergie wrote:Curious - what do you mean by "duke closed their WL off last week"

were you trying to summer start?
I was trying for the Summer. However they also said their fall class is full and do not anticipate many WL admits.

W&M also sent an email today saying they are over-committed for Fall 2013.

Its looking pretty firm for Lexington this fall. Excited for W&L.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Hey W&Lers,

Last week I received a spot off the waitlist(!!!) and it doesn't look like I am going to have time to visit before I need to notify the office of my decision...unless I can get them to give me a few days extension. I was wondering if any of you who decided to go to W&L would be willing to share with me your reasons for choosing the school? I think I'd really love the school, but the tuition is steep. Feel free to reply here or PM me, but any thoughts would be appreciated!

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Did anyone else receive the WL e-mail today? It seemed like a general e-mail for everyone still on the WL, but just wanted to check.

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:14 pm

choochoo wrote:Did anyone else receive the WL e-mail today? It seemed like a general e-mail for everyone still on the WL, but just wanted to check.

I am still on the WL but did not receive an email. :roll:

Integrity

Bronze

Post by Integrity » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:24 pm

LKing wrote:
choochoo wrote:Did anyone else receive the WL e-mail today? It seemed like a general e-mail for everyone still on the WL, but just wanted to check.

I also did not receive an e-mail. What were the contents?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

gogo wrote:Hey W&Lers,

Last week I received a spot off the waitlist(!!!) and it doesn't look like I am going to have time to visit before I need to notify the office of my decision...unless I can get them to give me a few days extension. I was wondering if any of you who decided to go to W&L would be willing to share with me your reasons for choosing the school? I think I'd really love the school, but the tuition is steep. Feel free to reply here or PM me, but any thoughts would be appreciated!

I PMed you.

Whitters

Bronze

Post by Whitters » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:25 pm

LKing wrote:

I received the WL email today. Does anyone who did or didn't mind sharing numbers so I can attempt to figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing? Thanks!

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 am

Integrity wrote:
LKing wrote:

I also did not receive an e-mail. What were the contents?

After looking through past posts, it looks like the e-mail was similar to the one sent to some people in the past...

"I'm writing to inquire whether you are still interested in attending Washington and Lee Law this fall.

We are in the process of evaluating our enrollment situation; we anticipate that we’ll have a few seats open in our Class of 2013 and expect to be extending a limited number of offers of admission to individuals on our waitlist. If you remain interested in attending W&L Law, please let me know by noon EST on Thursday, June 10th. If you do not receive this message until after the response deadline has passed, please feel free to get in touch to investigate our admissions status at that time."

And then it included another paragraph about how all the merit aid has been allocated for now, suggesting that everyone accepted off the WL will be paying sticker... So I'm guessing we'll see some movement after Thursday??

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:31 am

For those hoping for good news, I got a similar email last week and saw positive movement a day and a half later!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dclaw

New

Post by dclaw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 am

gogo, and others, can you post your numbers? also, for those who received the email have you shown interest/gone to the waitlist preview day?

Mich33

New

Post by Mich33 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 am

I received a similar email about a month ago and was admitted as soon as I sent back a response telling them I was still somewhat interested. Congrats! I think it's good news if you get that email! Also, when I received the email, I had not visited or contacted them since my initial application. No LOCI or anything like that!

dclaw

New

Post by dclaw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 am

do you mind posting your stats (roughly)?

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Most people's stats are there if you read their posts.

Mich33 are you going to W&M?
Last edited by Emma1 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”