Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dakatz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Now I expect my DR 1/12 WL or rejection Tuesday. Oh well. Wouldn't have gone all the way out to Vanderbilt anyway given the nice offers I have from comparable schools that are much closer to where I live. Congrats to those who got in.

User avatar
Jay W. Weatherman
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Jay W. Weatherman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Just got the massive box. Haven't been checking my status checker, but I was decision mailed 1/14. No interview.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Veritas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:34 pm

DR 1/12 - WL

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby UFMatt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 pm

DR 1/12. Still nothing here in Florida. Weird. Unfortunately I already know what the answer will be. Still a little surprised; I figured being a splitter with a PhD would maybe count for something.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Withdrew today, good luck to all you guys still waiting on Vandy.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby 02082010 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Withdrew as well. Although I received a decision in the mail a few hours afterward.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby astro1819 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Also received the BIG box today with the acceptance. Woo! Complete 1/4, DR 1/14. No scholarship offer yet.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Waitlisted then withdrawn...

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby existenz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:42 am

Completed 1/4. Decision 1/14. Big box waiting on my doorstep today! 170/3.8, no interview.

Vandy is the best school I've been admitted to so far, so I'm happy. No scholly offers yet.

holidayfromreal
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby holidayfromreal » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:42 am

withdrew my application yesterday, good luck everyone!

User avatar
vandalvideo
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby vandalvideo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am

Decision mailed 1/12 and still nothing. It is weird because I live like an hours drive away from Nashville. How many days does it take to travel 60 miles?

In America, USPS drives you!

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm

I've been complete since November and haven't been part of any of the decision dates. Didn't one person mention that they actually received a "held" e-mail? It feels strange considering that most people who've been complete for a while have received a decision.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:36 am

Still complete 11/20 and no news for me.

general100
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby general100 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 am

Surprising 1/14 acceptance...164/3.8...no interview

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:47 am

general100 wrote:Surprising 1/14 acceptance...164/3.8...no interview

Congrats! Top choice?

shchj
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby shchj » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 am

MarkRenton wrote:I've been complete since November and haven't been part of any of the decision dates. Didn't one person mention that they actually received a "held" e-mail? It feels strange considering that most people who've been complete for a while have received a decision.

I've been complete since mid Nov and there's still no decision for me. I'm getting upset about this.

User avatar
lifeaway1985
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:23 am

robin600 wrote:Still complete 11/20 and no news for me.


+1

encee
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby encee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:31 pm


User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby billyez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 pm

shchj wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:I've been complete since November and haven't been part of any of the decision dates. Didn't one person mention that they actually received a "held" e-mail? It feels strange considering that most people who've been complete for a while have received a decision.

I've been complete since mid Nov and there's still no decision for me. I'm getting upset about this.


This is on par for their last application cycle according to LSN, though. Besides, they finally started to creep up to November complete applications with the last batch so give it another week or two.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:10 pm

A little bit off topic but does anyone know where Vandy is in relation to the rest of Nashville ? I am heading down the first week of Feb and would like to have some fun in Nashville but still remain close to campus (early morning meeting/class/tour).

Thanks

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby billyez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 pm

You'd have a better chance of finding that information on the Class of Vanderbilt 2012 thread page. Or just by looking at Vandy's website. I think your just going to hear a lot anxiety here.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:A little bit off topic but does anyone know where Vandy is in relation to the rest of Nashville ? I am heading down the first week of Feb and would like to have some fun in Nashville but still remain close to campus (early morning meeting/class/tour).

Thanks


There's a bit of fun stuff in the Nashville area. However, Broadway street is where all the good stuff. If I remember correctly, it's a really quick five minute drive away. So you can stay right by Vanderbilt or near Broadway. It's probably cheaper to stay closer to Vandy, look at the school, and get a taxi back since you're so close.

lawschool5523
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby lawschool5523 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm

vandy is about 5 minutes from campus (without traffic, can be up to 20 with traffic). if you are downtown in nashville, on broadway street there is a lot of honky tonk bars with live music, and great restaurants. if you are closer to vandy there are a lot of college bars for undergrad and grad students. demumbreum street is close to vandy and has a great mix of bars (tin roof is awesome!). PM me if you have any questions! i lived there this summer and am very familiar with the area!

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby hhg » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 pm

lawschool5523 wrote:vandy is about 5 minutes from campus (without traffic, can be up to 20 with traffic). if you are downtown in nashville, on broadway street there is a lot of honky tonk bars with live music, and great restaurants. if you are closer to vandy there are a lot of college bars for undergrad and grad students. demumbreum street is close to vandy and has a great mix of bars (tin roof is awesome!). PM me if you have any questions! i lived there this summer and am very familiar with the area!


i stayed at a new hotel a short walk from broadway called Hotel 315 when i was visiting... there were several pretty nice hotels in the vicinity. i'm not sure if there were others closer to campus, although i wouldn't see why not. my hotel was not far from vandy (i rode the city bus to & from). broadway & hillsboro village were the places mentioned most when i visited, so those areas may be the best places to look for hotels to get a good perspective on the city (but i could be totally wrong since i was only there 48ish hours.)

nashuatree
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby nashuatree » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm

fyi, The majority of the hotels are along Broadway. Hillsboro Village is more of the indy artsy area with some nice bar/restaurants (Jackson's), brunch staples (Pancake Pantry) and über-expensive clothing boutiques. Nice area though. I'm from Nashville and went to Vandy undergrad. DR 1/12, so I guess I'll be learning my LS fate (ding/wl) today... :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, liuwenyu, malysh, sre08 and 16 guests