Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby LSATfromNC » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Did everyone else's say they will start using the waitlist in the coming weeks? Confused as to why they would even do that, just wait on a decision.

papatel
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby papatel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 pm

So what exactly is a "soft" postmark deadline? I know it was today, but I only just finished the essays and am hoping they'll take a postmark from tomorrow. Or should I fax it :?:

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 pm

What are peoples' opinions about us folks without a DM yet, but complete long, long ago (October!). Are they using our applications as doormats during the admitted student days?

I thought I'd be a solid WL candidate, maybe even an admit? But then I would have gotten DM 1/7, which alas didn't happen..........

User avatar
HaleyB88
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby HaleyB88 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:What are peoples' opinions about us folks without a DM yet, but complete long, long ago (October!). Are they using our applications as doormats during the admitted student days?

I thought I'd be a solid WL candidate, maybe even an admit? But then I would have gotten DM 1/7, which alas didn't happen..........


I submitted 10/28, complete 11/6, haven't heard a word. If all 1/7's were WL then I'm kind of guessing the next batch would be the rejections...but it appears that there were also some rejections in the 1/7 batch which basically leaves me with no clue whatsoever.

aetennis17
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby aetennis17 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:35 pm

yeah I'm still waiting as well...

Complete 10/12. No word....bad?

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 pm

The 1/6's were rejects. So this last batch which was most people, included all forms of decisions. I guess if you didn't hear anything back, then they really don't know what to make of your app at this time. My guess is that Vandy will wait back to see who withdraws their apps from this last batch before they get to those apps which they've been holding for a while.

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby TWoodWil » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 pm

aetennis17 wrote:yeah I'm still waiting as well...

Complete 10/12. No word....bad?


No news is just that, no news. The only truly bad news is a ding. Until you get that, you're still alive.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby panadera » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

Waitlisted. It was sent to my permanent address (which was extremely surprising) and my mom opened it for me. Thank goodness TLS figured out what the 1/7 dates mean so I was already prepared.
I won't be staying on the waitlist. Good luck to all those waiting!

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 am

MarkRenton wrote:The 1/6's were rejects. So this last batch which was most people, included all forms of decisions. I guess if you didn't hear anything back, then they really don't know what to make of your app at this time. My guess is that Vandy will wait back to see who withdraws their apps from this last batch before they get to those apps which they've been holding for a while.


The good news is as you've stated. They're having a hard time rejecting me, at least as far as I can tell from the way things have gone.

If they accept me, they must know that there would be a very high likelihood of me attending based on my numbers alone. I think that if I had been able to do an interview, then I might have been able to push my decision up (maybe accepted if it went really well, rejected if it went poorly). As it is, I simply submitted my materials and so they just have this person sitting there in the pile with a high likelihood of attending but with no positive effect on the medians (though no negative effect either)...... sigh.

-HL

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby The Zeppelin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 am

Waitlist arrived yesterday. Fortunately, an acceptance from W&L also showed up.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby najumobi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am

The Zeppelin wrote:Waitlist arrived yesterday. Fortunately, an acceptance from W&L also showed up.

if you don't mind, what state are you in? i haven't received mine yet (in NC).

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:33 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:The 1/6's were rejects. So this last batch which was most people, included all forms of decisions. I guess if you didn't hear anything back, then they really don't know what to make of your app at this time. My guess is that Vandy will wait back to see who withdraws their apps from this last batch before they get to those apps which they've been holding for a while.


The good news is as you've stated. They're having a hard time rejecting me, at least as far as I can tell from the way things have gone.

If they accept me, they must know that there would be a very high likelihood of me attending based on my numbers alone. I think that if I had been able to do an interview, then I might have been able to push my decision up (maybe accepted if it went really well, rejected if it went poorly). As it is, I simply submitted my materials and so they just have this person sitting there in the pile with a high likelihood of attending but with no positive effect on the medians (though no negative effect either)...... sigh.

-HL


If you didn't interview, then being held is the only explanation - I assume at least. I hate to agree with you, but interviewing might have taken you over the top.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby JOThompson » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

DR 01/07. I haven't received the letter yet in Oregon, but I have no doubts about its contents as I'm a reverse splitter.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby The Zeppelin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:02 pm

najumobi wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote:Waitlist arrived yesterday. Fortunately, an acceptance from W&L also showed up.

if you don't mind, what state are you in? i haven't received mine yet (in NC).

I'm in Durham.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby tram988 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm expecting my news (albeit bad) today. 1/7

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby tram988 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Waitlisted (1/7)

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Katerina » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:30 pm

tram988 wrote:Waitlisted (1/7)


+1 (1/7)

User avatar
ArtVandelay
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ArtVandelay » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Katerina wrote:
tram988 wrote:Waitlisted (1/7)


+1 (1/7)


Ditto

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ccs224 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Well crap, I just got the "sorry, we need more time" email today, too. How appropriate would a LOCI be at this point?

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 pm

ccs224 wrote:Well crap, I just got the "sorry, we need more time" email today, too. How appropriate would a LOCI be at this point?


On LSN you say you're accepted to Vandy. What gives?

User avatar
HaleyB88
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby HaleyB88 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
ccs224 wrote:Well crap, I just got the "sorry, we need more time" email today, too. How appropriate would a LOCI be at this point?


On LSN you say you're accepted to Vandy. What gives?


I've never heard of Vandy sending out an email like this....they don't have any EA/ED option so that doesn't really make sense. Michigan just sent out an email like to a bunch of people to day....did you perhaps mean to post to the Michigan thread?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Notor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:01 pm

When did all of you recent DR's submit/go complete? I feel like I've been waiting for a long time

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby najumobi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 pm

ccs224 wrote:Well crap, I just got the "sorry, we need more time" email today, too. How appropriate would a LOCI be at this point?

email or letter in mail? and you're not on waitlist? i haven't received anything yet....DM 1/7
Last edited by najumobi on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby philosoraptor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:
Katerina wrote:
tram988 wrote:Waitlisted (1/7)


+1 (1/7)


Ditto


Me too. Came the same day as FR e-mails from Berkeley and Michigan. Good times.

Undecided about whether I want to stay on board and LOCI it up. I'd love to have a shot at Vandy, but I've already got Emory, and maybe another T25 acceptance or two will convince me that the WL isn't worth the extra anxiety.

User avatar
DrGuano
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby DrGuano » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:06 pm

I sent in my interview request early November. Just got contacted today about it. Kinda excited about Vandy. Hope its a fun interview




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0LawSchool, 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, freekick, genjustice, Houzy, nslaw123, ThorB, unrelated and 28 guests