Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bluedevil8845

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby bluedevil8845 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

For those of you who interviewed prior to submitting your app, did you call the admissions office to ask whether the interviewer's notes were added to your file, or did you just assume that they were? I've been following this thread for a while, and I don't think anyone has asked or answered this before (if it has, I apologize). I interviewed a few weeks before I submitted, and since I'm on the lower end of Vandy's stats, I thought the interview would help. Any suggestions on what I should do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

billyez

Postby billyez » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:28 pm

I interviewed before I applied in early November. No, I never called and asked them about receiving the interview notes. I certainly would have liked them to be in my file. But I'm not too concerned. Call them if you like, I don't see the harm. Heck, it's been more than a month since I've gone complete...I might call them myself..

BlueHeel

Postby BlueHeel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:09 pm

I did my interview the same day of an LSAC forum. The Vandy rep actually recommended that I e-mail the admissions office to tell them my interview was complete so they did not render a decision before taking it into account. I emailed them and they got right back to me saying they had received the interview materials and added them to my file (and thanked me for inquiring, they were pretty cordial). That was back in October. I went complete 10/2 and still have no word. So go figure.

michstudent10

Postby michstudent10 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm

My interviewer said that they are supposed to write up a summary of the interview & notify the Admissions Office - I'm assuming they do this automatically? I would check out the extended profile Ken just put up, it had some info about the interview process. Did you sign up for the interview on their website? Sorry if this doesn't help but I definitely think you should make sure you get the full advantage of the interview process - I wasn't completely confident in my ability to get in & I think it was the interview that really did the trick. Good luck!! :D

billyez

Postby billyez » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Wait a minute. I would really appreciate it if someone who has interviewed can tell me if you get any word regarding of interview materials being received by the Admissions Office? I just assumed it would be fine. But if your supposed to get something...

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:13 pm

billyez wrote:Wait a minute. I would really appreciate it if someone who has interviewed can tell me if you get any word regarding of interview materials being received by the Admissions Office? I just assumed it would be fine. But if your supposed to get something...

I interviewed. I didn't contact Vandy at all after my interview. Two days later, my status checker said decision mailed.

bluedevil8845

Postby bluedevil8845 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:34 pm

michstudent10 wrote:Did you sign up for the interview on their website?

Yes, I registered on Virtual VULS. I imagine that it was automatically included, but perhaps I should send an email to the adcom member that interviewed me. Thank you to everyone who helped.

observationalist

Postby observationalist » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:59 pm

bluedevil8845 wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:Did you sign up for the interview on their website?

Yes, I registered on Virtual VULS. I imagine that it was automatically included, but perhaps I should send an email to the adcom member that interviewed me. Thank you to everyone who helped.

I would call them. Consider this the beginning of you establishing a rapport with the admissions people. If your numbers are borderline, the interview alone may not do much besides get you on the WL. Getting off the WL means showing them that you care enough about attending to stay in constant contact with them. A valid question like yours is a great excuse to make a phone call and speak with someone who might remember you when they review your file later on in the cycle. Be persistent. They're always busy, but as the cycle progresses their work will shift from being very paper-intensive to more discussion of individual candidates to see who has best presented herself as a potentially successful and driven law student (and eventual alumnus). Plus, they're a pretty friendly group and like chatting when they have the time. G'luck.

papatel

Postby papatel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Decision mailed 12/10. Has anyone been rejected yet?

bluedevil8845

Postby bluedevil8845 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:10 pm

observationalist wrote:
I would call them. Consider this the beginning of you establishing a rapport with the admissions people. If your numbers are borderline, the interview alone may not do much besides get you on the WL. Getting off the WL means showing them that you care enough about attending to stay in constant contact with them. A valid question like yours is a great excuse to make a phone call and speak with someone who might remember you when they review your file later on in the cycle. Be persistent. They're always busy, but as the cycle progresses their work will shift from being very paper-intensive to more discussion of individual candidates to see who has best presented herself as a potentially successful and driven law student (and eventual alumnus). Plus, they're a pretty friendly group and like chatting when they have the time. G'luck.

Great advice. I'll be sure to call them on Monday morning. Thank you for your help.

wired

Postby wired » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:22 pm

papatel wrote:Decision mailed 12/10. Has anyone been rejected yet?

Nope. Do you mind if I ask your stats and completion date?

forza

Postby forza » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:05 pm

In, woohoo!

Sent: 10/28
Complete: 11/6
Decision mailed: 12/8

LSN for #'s

gotmilk?

Postby gotmilk? » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 pm

puppins wrote:
billyez wrote:Wait a minute. I would really appreciate it if someone who has interviewed can tell me if you get any word regarding of interview materials being received by the Admissions Office? I just assumed it would be fine. But if your supposed to get something...

I interviewed. I didn't contact Vandy at all after my interview. Two days later, my status checker said decision mailed.

+1. exactly the same for me.

thestoryends

Postby thestoryends » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:22 pm

gotmilk? wrote:
puppins wrote:

when did you apply/go complete?

Nerka

Postby Nerka » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Whoohoo!

Just got a package from Vandy in the mail today and I'll be damned if it wasn't the big one. It's my first acceptance yet (even my safety schools haven't gotten back to me...). I saw on my status checker that my application was complete on the 7th, and they sent my letter two days later. Does that mean autoadmit?? Looking forward to the ASW-- never been to Nashville and several friends have told me that it's a pretty kickin' town. The letter said that info about travel reimbursement and lodgings for the ASW would be forthcoming; anyone have the scoop on that?

Okay, I'm done. It's just great to have a confirmation from one school after working so hard on all of this.

Good luck to all of those who are still waiting to hear.

gotmilk?

Postby gotmilk? » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:51 pm

thestoryends wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:
puppins wrote:

when did you apply/go complete?

see lsn profile; link in tls profile.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

JUST GOT THE PACKAGE!!

Ripped it open and by far the best admissions package I've seen. So organized, informative, and Im loving the huge binded book of life in Vandy and as a Vandy law student. Really exciting! Has anyone decided if theyre going in March or April to visit?

and for those who didn't interview I wasn't able to and Vandy still honored me with an acceptance so it's def. possible!

GL to those still waiting and CONGRATS to those who are in!

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:07 pm

catharsis wrote:JUST GOT THE PACKAGE!!

Ripped it open and by far the best admissions package I've seen. So organized, informative, and Im loving the huge binded book of life in Vandy and as a Vandy law student. Really exciting! Has anyone decided if theyre going in March or April to visit?

and for those who didn't interview I wasn't able to and Vandy still honored me with an acceptance so it's def. possible!

If I am not accepted ED to GWU, then I will definitely be visiting Vandy, probably the March date.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:24 pm

CyLaw wrote:
catharsis wrote:JUST GOT THE PACKAGE!!

If I am not accepted ED to GWU, then I will definitely be visiting Vandy, probably the March date.

Yeah I just noticed that one of my other schools conflicts with Vandy's April date so I'll be visiting in March as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

misslawyer2013

Postby misslawyer2013 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 pm

I had my Vandy interview today! It went wonderful. :D

still haven't been accepted anywhere though. :roll:

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 am

bluedevil8845 wrote:For those of you who interviewed prior to submitting your app, did you call the admissions office to ask whether the interviewer's notes were added to your file, or did you just assume that they were? I've been following this thread for a while, and I don't think anyone has asked or answered this before (if it has, I apologize). I interviewed a few weeks before I submitted, and since I'm on the lower end of Vandy's stats, I thought the interview would help. Any suggestions on what I should do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I e-mailed asking yesterday and the admissions office got back to me with the kindest response by the end of the day, my interview found my application, all files complete. Dammit I love Vanderbilt.

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 am

My application was complete on 10/2, but I didn't interview until November... Does their 8-week turnaround period start on my complete date or my interview date?

wired

Postby wired » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 pm

nyskidude wrote:My application was complete on 10/2, but I didn't interview until November... Does their 8-week turnaround period start on my complete date or my interview date?

There is no real guarantee on an 8 week turn around. I and at least one other forumer are at 10 and 13 weeks respectively.

MHutson41

Postby MHutson41 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 pm

missvik218 wrote:
bluedevil8845 wrote:For those of you who interviewed prior to submitting your app, did you call the admissions office to ask whether the interviewer's notes were added to your file, or did you just assume that they were? I've been following this thread for a while, and I don't think anyone has asked or answered this before (if it has, I apologize). I interviewed a few weeks before I submitted, and since I'm on the lower end of Vandy's stats, I thought the interview would help. Any suggestions on what I should do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I e-mailed asking yesterday and the admissions office got back to me with the kindest response by the end of the day, my interview found my application, all files complete. Dammit I love Vanderbilt.

Agree wholeheartedly. I e-mailed them yesterday asking the same thing. They e-mailed me back this morning saying a decision had been mailed yesterday and they were sorry the status checker hadn't been updated.

Absolutely love them now.

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:13 pm

wired wrote:
nyskidude wrote:My application was complete on 10/2, but I didn't interview until November... Does their 8-week turnaround period start on my complete date or my interview date?

There is no real guarantee on an 8 week turn around. I and at least one other forumer are at 10 and 13 weeks respectively.

Thank you wired. Appreciate the answer. I guess that's a good sign that I wasn't an auto-reject, though.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”