Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:49 pm

gotmilk? wrote:Decision mailed, 12/3. I interviewed on 12/1.
stats on lsn, link in tls profile.

Balls! I interviewed on 12/1 too, no DM!

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby gotmilk? » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm

robin600 wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:Decision mailed, 12/3. I interviewed on 12/1.
stats on lsn, link in tls profile.

Balls! I interviewed on 12/1 too, no DM!


I wouldn't worry. I'd been complete for a while and I have a hunch that me finally deciding to interview just put off my DM date by a little while.

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby galahad85 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Received the big acceptance packet today. :D

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby The Zeppelin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm

galahad85 wrote:Received the big acceptance packet today. :D

High five!

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:39 pm

galahad85 wrote:Received the big acceptance packet today. :D


Congrats! DM date?

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby galahad85 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:43 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
galahad85 wrote:Received the big acceptance packet today. :D


Congrats! DM date?


12/1

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby 02082010 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

galahad85 wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
galahad85 wrote:Received the big acceptance packet today. :D


Congrats! DM date?


12/1


You got in off the waitlist last yr didn't you? When did you go complete?

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby galahad85 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
galahad85 wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
galahad85 wrote:Received the big acceptance packet today. :D


Congrats! DM date?


12/1


You got in off the waitlist last yr didn't you? When did you go complete?


Yeah. It's nice to not have to deal with the waitlist this time. I went complete 10/28, interviewed 11/11.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby 02082010 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Vandy, I went complete 10/30. It's been 5 weeks now. Show me some love.

Edit: Called. They are pretty firm about their 8 week max decision time frame. So I should know before Xmas.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby wired » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Wait, 8 weeks?

This is news to me. I have been complete for over 8 weeks....

Why don't you love me Vandy? You haven't won an SEC football game and I still want you like you're the prettiest girl at the dance... please Vandy, please!

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:08 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Vandy, I went complete 10/30. It's been 5 weeks now. Show me some love.

Edit: Called. They are pretty firm about their 8 week max decision time frame. So I should know before Xmas.


Could be worse. I've been complete since the middle of September, so it's been complete for about eleven weeks (borderline numbers though).
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby hhg » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm

please please please show me some love, vandy. i really really really like you. and in case you didn't notice this, the fourth letter of my name is also a 'd' - we were made for each other!

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby wired » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Vandy, I went complete 10/30. It's been 5 weeks now. Show me some love.

Edit: Called. They are pretty firm about their 8 week max decision time frame. So I should know before Xmas.


Could be worse. I've been complete since the middle of September, so it's been complete for about eleven weeks (borderline numbers though).


Numbers? (I am a 169, 3.35, complete since 10/8).

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:11 pm

wired wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Vandy, I went complete 10/30. It's been 5 weeks now. Show me some love.

Edit: Called. They are pretty firm about their 8 week max decision time frame. So I should know before Xmas.


Could be worse. I've been complete since the middle of September, so it's been complete for about eleven weeks (borderline numbers though).


Numbers? (I am a 169, 3.35, complete since 10/8).


Mid-160s, >3.8

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby wired » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:12 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
wired wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Vandy, I went complete 10/30. It's been 5 weeks now. Show me some love.

Edit: Called. They are pretty firm about their 8 week max decision time frame. So I should know before Xmas.


Could be worse. I've been complete since the middle of September, so it's been complete for about eleven weeks (borderline numbers though).


Numbers? (I am a 169, 3.35, complete since 10/8).


Mid-160s, >3.8


Think they'll let us share stats and admit us as long as we agree to be in a study group together?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:16 pm

wired wrote:Think they'll let us share stats and admit us as long as we agree to be in a study group together?


Sounds like a plan to me. I don't mind sharing if it gets me accepted.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby nyskidude » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Do they do it 8 weeks after the interview, or 8 weeks after complete?

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby parker09 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:33 pm

DECISION MAILED 12/03! (FINALLY!) (apparently they wait a day to post it)

anyone think they're sending rejections yet? i'm abroad so it's going to take me at least 3 weeks to get it... (unless they send via courier, which i haven't heard that they do)

Sent: 10/13
Complete: 10/26
169/3.8 , no interview

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby wired » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Received: 10/1
Complete: 10/8
Interview: 10/7
Mailed: *wah wah waaaaaah* Nothing! Still!

I am starting to think this is really bad news for me.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6367
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby 5ky » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:19 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Accepted

Sent: 11/12
Complete: 11/19
Decision Mailed: 12/1
Decision Received: 12/4

User avatar
facetious
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby facetious » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Sent: 10/27
Complete: 11/3
Decision Mailed: 12/3

3.77/171, no interview.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kretzy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Congrats to the folks who got decisions today! I'm withdrawing on Monday (rather than write the extra essays for the Law Scholars program), so I hope it opens a spot for folks.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Got the acceptance packet in the mail today in NorCal. Wow they gave us a lot to look at.

Submitted: 9/14
Complete: 9/17
Interview: 11/20
Decision mailed: 12/1
Acceptance received: 12/4

I won't be going unless I get one of those full-tuition merit awards, and even then I don't know, but still all this stuff is pretty cool.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:30 am

Dear Vandy,
Our interview went very well, and now I'm in waiting, dire waiting to hear from you. Please do not leave me, do not be a tease!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, Automotomayor, brinicolec, elcamino4, Google Adsense [Bot], hwwong, Keilz, tinafeyclone, Yahoo [Bot], Yitzhak26 and 18 guests