Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby NancyBotwin » Sat May 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Good luck Nancy.

Thanks. Am I the only 5/7? Weird. Not sure what to think about that.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby musicfor18 » Sat May 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Got my letter after going DM 5/5....waitlisted. As I expected.

popcorn
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:50 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby popcorn » Sun May 09, 2010 3:44 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:Good luck Nancy.

Thanks. Am I the only 5/7? Weird. Not sure what to think about that.


I went DM 5/7 too. not too optimistic about this one though..

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Grizz » Sun May 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey hoyas, did you get in? Those numbers had like a 75% chance of admit earlier this cycle.

smreamer
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby smreamer » Mon May 10, 2010 6:37 pm

DM 5/5 Waitlisted

cadcapp
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cadcapp » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 am

DM 5/5 ding, oh well. Best of luck to the 5/7ers, and good luck to those holding tight on the waitlist!

folgers
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby folgers » Tue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Are there many other people still waiting on a decision? I've been complete since 03/01.

letsgo
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby letsgo » Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm

folgers wrote:Are there many other people still waiting on a decision? I've been complete since 03/01.


DM today. Are they still admitting by regular mail or is it email and phone calls?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu May 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Was DM 5/7 - waitlisted. Oh well.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby JOThompson » Thu May 13, 2010 3:35 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Was DM 5/7 - waitlisted. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that, Nancy. Will you be staying on the waitlist? If not, have you decided on a school yet?

BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby BlankC » Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm

In at other places, withdrawing from Vanderbilt. One more spot for you guys!! Go get em! :D

I just wish I could have my 500 dollars back, but oh well. It was worth it to know I had somewhere great to go if I hadn't gotten off a waitlist at one of the schools with fancy special Asian law programs I liked.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed May 26, 2010 10:23 pm

BlankC wrote:In at other places, withdrawing from Vanderbilt. One more spot for you guys!! Go get em! :D

I just wish I could have my 500 dollars back, but oh well. It was worth it to know I had somewhere great to go if I hadn't gotten off a waitlist at one of the schools with fancy special Asian law programs I liked.

Thanks and good luck! Hopefully they're looking for another high LSAT scorer with Florida residency (no idea what your GPA is, I didn't see it on your profile)...

BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby BlankC » Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
BlankC wrote:In at other places, withdrawing from Vanderbilt. One more spot for you guys!! Go get em! :D

I just wish I could have my 500 dollars back, but oh well. It was worth it to know I had somewhere great to go if I hadn't gotten off a waitlist at one of the schools with fancy special Asian law programs I liked.

Thanks and good luck! Hopefully they're looking for another high LSAT scorer with Florida residency (no idea what your GPA is, I didn't see it on your profile)...


GPA is 3.3x... or 3.something slightly higher, but not great. Registrar ate my junior year's foreign transcript and crapped it out incorrectly after LOSING IT for four months, and I never saw what corrections they sent to law schools when I saw the foolery they had perpetrated all over my record and demanded they un-stupid themselves and fix it.

Fun times at DisasterAdmin Uni. :D

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby primusux » Thu May 27, 2010 3:53 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
BlankC wrote:In at other places, withdrawing from Vanderbilt. One more spot for you guys!! Go get em! :D

I just wish I could have my 500 dollars back, but oh well. It was worth it to know I had somewhere great to go if I hadn't gotten off a waitlist at one of the schools with fancy special Asian law programs I liked.

Thanks and good luck! Hopefully they're looking for another high LSAT scorer with Florida residency (no idea what your GPA is, I didn't see it on your profile)...


No way man, they want someone with exactly her LSAT who is not a URM and not from Florida to replace her. In fact, well what do you know....I fit those specifications! :mrgreen:

krj02004
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby krj02004 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 am

There may by one more spot open for you WL-ers. I put my deposit down at Vandy, but just got a full ride at Iowa. Still debating... :?

mitz1489
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby mitz1489 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 pm

rad law wrote:
observationalist wrote: or that Taylor Swift might ask you to help her park her car in the garage


Signing my deposit check...


Yep, just had a mini freak out...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, NorthDragon, NotAGolfer, packerboy31489, SilverSurfer2020 and 14 guests