Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:06 pm

robin600 wrote:For those who interviewed, about how long did it take to get to decision?

I interviewed on 11/20 and went to decision on 12/1, so if you assume they were off on Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week, that's 4-5 business days.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Did you get an email saying you went to decision, or did you just check the status checker?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:09 pm

crackberry wrote:
robin600 wrote:For those who interviewed, about how long did it take to get to decision?

I interviewed on 11/20 and went to decision on 12/1, so if you assume they were off on Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week, that's 4-5 business days.


Thanks crackberry!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:37 pm

puppins wrote:Did you get an email saying you went to decision, or did you just check the status checker?

Just checked the status checker. No email.

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby galahad85 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:22 pm

robin600 wrote:For those who interviewed, about how long did it take to get to decision?


Complete 10/28, Interviewed 11/11, Decision 12/1

User avatar
roxj
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby roxj » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:25 pm

robin600 wrote:For those who interviewed, about how long did it take to get to decision?


I got a decision the day after my interview, but my application had been complete since October, so I'm guessing they were just holding my app until interview to make sure I wasn't a loony.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ruleser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:29 pm

robin600 wrote:For those who interviewed, about how long did it take to get to decision?

Interviewed months ago - no movement since. :?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby oneforship » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 pm

galahad85 wrote:
robin600 wrote:For those who interviewed, about how long did it take to get to decision?


Complete 10/28, Interviewed 11/11, Decision 12/1


Complete 10/8, Interviewed 11/11, nothing.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby doinmybest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:57 pm

Complete 11/19. Just interviewed today, and I really enjoyed it. I'm starting to think Vanderbilt may be the place for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that acceptance.

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby jay115 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:25 am

doinmybest wrote:Complete 11/19. Just interviewed today, and I really enjoyed it. I'm starting to think Vanderbilt may be the place for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that acceptance.


yeah i wish more schools besides vandy and NW offered interviews. my vandy interview was actually really intriguing, and deffinately boosted my interest in the law school.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ruleser » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:57 am

jay115 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:Complete 11/19. Just interviewed today, and I really enjoyed it. I'm starting to think Vanderbilt may be the place for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that acceptance.


yeah i wish more schools besides vandy and NW offered interviews. my vandy interview was actually really intriguing, and deffinately boosted my interest in the law school.

+1 - Vandy because in line with my top choices after the interview.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:03 am

Decision mailed 12/02 :D

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Katerina » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am

TruckerD wrote:Decision mailed 12/02 :D


Trucker, when did you go complete and/or interview?

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby wired » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 am

TruckerD wrote:Decision mailed 12/02 :D


I have got to stop checking this thread. It is not good for my blood pressure when I see someone had a decision mailed then I rush to check VULS.

User avatar
jay115
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby jay115 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:54 am

wired wrote:
TruckerD wrote:Decision mailed 12/02 :D


I have got to stop checking this thread. It is not good for my blood pressure when I see someone had a decision mailed then I rush to check VULS.


hahaha +1 and some other threads as well...whenever I see someone go to decision or say they've received mail, I automatically check my email or run to the student center to check my mail.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby panadera » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:58 am

wired wrote:
TruckerD wrote:Decision mailed 12/02 :D


I have got to stop checking this thread. It is not good for my blood pressure when I see someone had a decision mailed then I rush to check VULS.


+1
I'm happy for those who have gone to decision, but when I see that empty box, I get a smidge sad for myself.

But still, congrats Trucker- it can only be a good decision! :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Katerina wrote:
TruckerD wrote:Decision mailed 12/02 :D


Trucker, when did you go complete and/or interview?


I went complete on 10/26 and interviewed 11/24. I e-mailed a couple days later to thank the interviewer and she basically tipped me off saying "I think you will do really well at Vandy."

Vandy is one of my top choices, depending on scholarships

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:10 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Katerina wrote:
TruckerD wrote:Decision mailed 12/02 :D


Trucker, when did you go complete and/or interview?


I went complete on 10/26 and interviewed 11/24. I e-mailed a couple days later to thank the interviewer and she basically tipped me off saying "I think you will do really well at Vandy."

Vandy is one of my top choices, depending on scholarships


I went complete on 11/19 and interviewed yesterday. I am hoping for a decision before the end of the month, but it seems mid january is more likely :(

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Zojirushi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:50 pm

My interviewer contacted me on 11/23 asking me to contact him. I have emailed him and left a message with his secretary since then. I still have not heard from him. Any ideas how to proceed?

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Zojirushi wrote:My interviewer contacted me on 11/23 asking me to contact him. I have emailed him and left a message with his secretary since then. I still have not heard from him. Any ideas how to proceed?


Politely ask again

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby wired » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Trucker, I have seen you on a bunch of the other threads. I just checked your LSN profile - any reason you applied so broadly (e.g. Baylor, W&L, etc.) with such incredible numbers?

User avatar
observationalist
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby observationalist » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:02 pm

If people are looking for things to click, Vandy's JETLaw blog has been up and running for awhile. Every now and then they get a massive number of hits but for the most part it just shows what topics people like to research (and how well people write). Any complaints let me know and I will make fun of my roommate.

http://jetl.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Notor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Zojirushi wrote:My interviewer contacted me on 11/23 asking me to contact him. I have emailed him and left a message with his secretary since then. I still have not heard from him. Any ideas how to proceed?

Had the same problem. I emailed the admissions office and they took care of it, they are very responsive. Just email them and say you responded your your interviewer's email and have not heard anything back for over 2 weeks, they will take care of it.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:07 pm

i requested an interview over a week ago, and i still haven't heard anything back. has this happened to anyone else? what did you do?

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby beesknees » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:09 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:i requested an interview over a week ago, and i still haven't heard anything back. has this happened to anyone else? what did you do?


Same




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CaptKangaroo, curry1, curry4bfast, JosefK, laqueredup, premalone and 8 guests