Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 am

Will probably be withdrawing later today. Good luck to those of you still waiting, and have fun for those of you attending!

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby holydonkey » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am

cardinalandgold wrote:Will probably be withdrawing later today. Good luck to those of you still waiting, and have fun for those of you attending!
Decided on Michigan?

williamvspanos
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby williamvspanos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 am

I asked to defer two weeks ago but haven't heard back. Does Vanderbilt offer deferrals?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

holydonkey wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Will probably be withdrawing later today. Good luck to those of you still waiting, and have fun for those of you attending!
Decided on Michigan?

Yup! It was just the better fit for me. Plus with the small scholarship they gave me, it made it a no brainer.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Grizz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
holydonkey wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Will probably be withdrawing later today. Good luck to those of you still waiting, and have fun for those of you attending!
Decided on Michigan?

Yup! It was just the better fit for me. Plus with the small scholarship they gave me, it made it a no brainer.


Congrats, card, and best of luck to you at Michigan.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 pm

rad law wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
holydonkey wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Will probably be withdrawing later today. Good luck to those of you still waiting, and have fun for those of you attending!
Decided on Michigan?

Yup! It was just the better fit for me. Plus with the small scholarship they gave me, it made it a no brainer.


Congrats, card, and best of luck to you at Michigan.

Thanks! Good luck at Vandy!

User avatar
luhrenzo
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby luhrenzo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 pm

got WL today. DM 4/1

does Vandy have a tiered waitlist system? what specifically do i need to do to get off this waitlist and get that acceptance?

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kchuck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 am

Anyone know what the Decision Mailed 4/5 group was? Waitlist/rejections?

shawshank
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby shawshank » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

DM 4/5: got WL letter today

User avatar
legalease9
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby legalease9 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Vanderbilt puts a lot of weight on their promotional materials about how unbelievably laid back they are compared to other law schools. In fact they refer to themselves as a "kinder, gentler" law school. Has anyone with experience at Vanderbilt law found this to be true or untrue? Thanks!

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm

While I was touring the school, a 2L noticed one of my shoes were untied, waited for my guide to stop talking , and then swept in to tie it. So yes the stories are true.

If I haven't received an actual DECISION by the time the first seat deposit is due, can I go ahead and declare myself on the silent waitlist?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:50 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:and then swept in to tie it.

........ that would seriously worry me.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:51 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:and then swept in to tie it.

........ that would seriously worry me.


Southern hospitality. As a northerner, I always thought it to be a myth, but after my visit to Vandy, I received confirmation that it does actually exist.
Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kchuck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:51 pm

shawshank wrote:DM 4/5: got WL letter today


Thanks, do we have any reason to think that this a batch WL?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:and then swept in to tie it.

........ that would seriously worry me.


Southern hospitality. As a northerner, I always thought it to be a myth, but after my visit to Vandy, I received confirmation that it does actually exist.

Still, someone else tying my shoe...I dunno, I'd be creeped out.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Rawlsian » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:and then swept in to tie it.

........ that would seriously worry me.


Southern hospitality. As a northerner, I always thought it to be a myth, but after my visit to Vandy, I received confirmation that it does actually exist.

Still, someone else tying my shoe...I dunno, I'd be creeped out.


There's a great sense of camaraderie that comes from all the students wearing the same jumpsuit. Brother Guthrie really did a great job of explicating that vibe while we sat around the fire and sang songs.

ylwbellysloth
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ylwbellysloth » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Waitlisted yesterday - anyone know what the odds are getting in are?

User avatar
observationalist
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby observationalist » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm

legalease9 wrote:Vanderbilt puts a lot of weight on their promotional materials about how unbelievably laid back they are compared to other law schools. In fact they refer to themselves as a "kinder, gentler" law school. Has anyone with experience at Vanderbilt law found this to be true or untrue? Thanks!


I don't know if this is kindler or gentler, but on the way in to the entertainment industries class I'm in right now my buddy managed to high-five three different deans. Pavlick, O'Hara and Morton in succession. We then got free food (thanks prospectives for showing up so that the school put out free food right before my class) and walked through a sea of 1Ls and prospectives hanging out on Main Street. I'm now eating strawberries and chili pepper-tinged chocolate in class.

Also, if anyone's interested in reading a really long paper we just got a working draft up on SSRN. This may be the first time anyone trying to get published in a law review has cited to TLS posts with authority. I'd appreciate any comments on how we can strengthen our case for improving transparency.

Here's the link: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=1528862

-obs

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby smartblonde87 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:23 pm

i just noticed no one had posted today so i thought i would do the honor... ;)


p.s.> WHY HASN'T MY LETTER COME YET?!?!?!?!?!??!

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:43 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:i just noticed no one had posted today so i thought i would do the honor... ;)


p.s.> WHY HASN'T MY LETTER COME YET?!?!?!?!?!??!

I'm DM 4-8 , you too?

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Thunder Jones » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:59 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:i just noticed no one had posted today so i thought i would do the honor... ;)


p.s.> WHY HASN'T MY LETTER COME YET?!?!?!?!?!??!

I'm DM 4-8 , you too?


DM for me too

prelaw10
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby prelaw10 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Why has my decision not been MADE yet?

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Gymnast0206 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 pm

prelaw10 wrote:Why has my decision not been MADE yet?




Same here! Complete date for me was 1/15 what about you? My hope is they're deciding between WLing and Accepting us . . . I just can't wrap my head around being rejected after I've waited this long.

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby beesknees » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Just checking in here after the ASD. I have to say I was really impressed. The faculty all are top notch, the current and prospective students are wonderful and I liked Nashville much more than Ann Arbor.

I'm still going to call Michigan on Monday to ask about aid, but if its a no or no answer, I feel good about choosing Vandy. It just feels like the right decision for me.

User avatar
legalease9
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby legalease9 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 pm

beesknees wrote:Just checking in here after the ASD. I have to say I was really impressed. The faculty all are top notch, the current and prospective students are wonderful and I liked Nashville much more than Ann Arbor.

I'm still going to call Michigan on Monday to ask about aid, but if its a no or no answer, I feel good about choosing Vandy. It just feels like the right decision for me.


Cool, thanks for the info. Anyone else who went to ASD have perceptions?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests