Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cardinalandgold

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:17 pm

beesknees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:No go with the Vandy scholarship negotiation. Oh well, worth a shot.

Well, at least you gave it a shot, Cardinal. But did they say that they don't negotiate period? I was gonna try to give it a go myself, but won't if they don't negotiate at all.

I figured it was worth a shot. In their response they said that all of the allocated scholarship money for this year had been assigned, and that once they offer a scholarship they have a policy of not negotiating the amount.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:18 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
beesknees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:No go with the Vandy scholarship negotiation. Oh well, worth a shot.

Well, at least you gave it a shot, Cardinal. But did they say that they don't negotiate period? I was gonna try to give it a go myself, but won't if they don't negotiate at all.

I figured it was worth a shot. In their response they said that all of the allocated scholarship money for this year had been assigned, and that once they offer a scholarship they have a policy of not negotiating the amount.

Oh well, it was worth the shot. Thanks for saving me and probably a few others the time to write that email.

By the way, are you trying to negotiate with Michigan?

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 pm

beesknees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
beesknees wrote:

Oh well, it was worth the shot. Thanks for saving me and probably a few others the time to write that email.

By the way, are you trying to negotiate with Michigan?

Yeah, I managed to go from nothing to an $8k/yr scholly. I'm happy with that :mrgreen:

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Yeah, I managed to go from nothing to an $8k/yr scholly. I'm happy with that :mrgreen:

Congrats! That's awesome. It takes some of the bite off of the sticker price.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

beesknees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Yeah, I managed to go from nothing to an $8k/yr scholly. I'm happy with that :mrgreen:

Yeah, I was preparing myself to pay full sticker at Michigan if need be, and was shocked to get anything from them. Who knew an email could potentially save me $24k?!? Not bad for 10 minutes work :lol:

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:34 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
beesknees wrote:

Yeah, I was preparing myself to pay full sticker at Michigan if need be, and was shocked to get anything from them. Who knew an email could potentially save me $24k?!? Not bad for 10 minutes work :lol:

Hey, I PMed you a quick question about negotiating. I'm hoping it could work for me!

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:41 pm

beesknees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
beesknees wrote:

Hey, I PMed you a quick question about negotiating. I'm hoping it could work for me!

Got your PM. Sent you one back. Good luck!

gogators

Postby gogators » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:07 pm

mebeSajid wrote:Apparently Vandy = tree killers. They do everything via paper, from what I understand.

Propaganda.

mebeSajid

Postby mebeSajid » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 pm

gogators wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:Apparently Vandy = tree killers. They do everything via paper, from what I understand.

Propaganda.

They do their admissions decisions via paper. I called them tree killers because I'd like to know whether I got in - ASW is next weekend.

gogators

Postby gogators » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 pm

mebeSajid wrote:
gogators wrote:

Propaganda.

They do their admissions decisions via paper. I called them tree killers because I'd like to know whether I got in - ASW is next weekend.

Just show up anyways and pretend like you own the place. My friends and I will play along.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey, I got my flight to Nashville for next week's ASD! I have family in Nashville and will be staying with them, but will I still get a student host?

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:37 am

beesknees wrote:Hey, I got my flight to Nashville for next week's ASD! I have family in Nashville and will be staying with them, but will I still get a student host?
You should. They'll contact you by email Monday or Tuesday.

MF248

Postby MF248 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:26 am

gogators wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
gogators wrote:

Propaganda.

Just show up anyways and pretend like you own the place. My friends and I will play along.

Oh, did I mention my last name is Vanderbilt?

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am

I havent heard anything from Vanderbilt yet, and I went complete 2/18. Status checker still says nothing under "decision". I know I applied pretty late, but should I assume a rejection at this point? Numbers: 167/3.7 with masters degree and some fairly good softs, including 5 years work experience.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm

mebeSajid wrote:
gogators wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:

Oh, did I mention my last name is Vanderbilt?
[/quote]

+1... million dollars?

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:55 pm

beesknees wrote:Hey, I got my flight to Nashville for next week's ASD! I have family in Nashville and will be staying with them, but will I still get a student host?

My spouse came with me so I stayed in a hotel, but they still linked me up with a host; and he did a great job of answering my questions and showing us around.

Borachio05

Postby Borachio05 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 am

I'm all booked and ready to go. :) :) :) :) :P :P :P

Who else is coming to this coming weekend's ASW?

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 am

what does Vandy include in the "personal" section of their financial aid award breakdown? Is it just money you get to keep or does any of it have to go to the school for insurance, other fees, etc.?

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 am

Count me in. I'll be up early on Thursday and then leaving Saturday morning. Very excited to attend my last ASW.

animalcrkrs

Postby animalcrkrs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Vandy people, totally random question/request:
I remember when I got in to Vandy last year they sent a really informative bound notebook of info about the city, housing etc.--I am working to potentially update some of that stuff here at NU and was hoping to get my hands on that book to get ideas/best practices...would someone be willing to send me theirs if they don't need it or have decided to go somewhere else and don't want it anymore? I'd gladly send you a check for shipping costs.
PM me if you'd be willing, thanks!

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:36 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Anyone thinking about asking Vandy to extend their seat deposit deadline from 4/15 to 4/30? Our decision on whether we will be attending Vandy hinges on the chances my fiancee will be able to get a teaching job in Nashville. She called the school district and they said they will not be posting the new positions until mid-April. Do schools usually grant extensions for the deposit deadlines?

The offer email I just got very kindly extended the deadline to 5/1 since my app (and thus the decision) was so late. I would email Vandy and just explain your extenuating circumstance; I don't see a reason they would turn you down.

Just heard back from Vandy. My request to extend the seat deposit deadline was denied :(

luhrenzo

Postby luhrenzo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:50 pm

so what's the consensus on people who went DM 4/1?

164/3.52 Mexican

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 pm

what date do we have to accept merit scholarships? (i lost my letter....)

also, what schools are you guys considering turning down to go to vandy?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:also, what schools are you guys considering turning down to go to vandy?

Texas for about 2 hours, but now I'm back on the Vandy train.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:what date do we have to accept merit scholarships? (i lost my letter....)

also, what schools are you guys considering turning down to go to vandy?

April 15. Michigan.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”