Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kretzy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 pm

laolbjob wrote:
parker09 wrote:Has anyone gotten in who HASN'T had an interview?


:?: I'm also interested in this.


Yes. No interview, accepted on Saturday. Went complete mid-October.

laolbjob
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby laolbjob » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Kretzy wrote:
laolbjob wrote:
parker09 wrote:Has anyone gotten in who HASN'T had an interview?


:?: I'm also interested in this.


Yes. No interview, accepted on Saturday. Went complete mid-October.


That's impressive!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm

laolbjob wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
laolbjob wrote:
parker09 wrote:Has anyone gotten in who HASN'T had an interview?


:?: I'm also interested in this.


Yes. No interview, accepted on Saturday. Went complete mid-October.


That's impressive!

lz06 also got in without an interview. She has good stats as well.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Oban wrote:Is that award full tuition + stipend? That would be a sweet deal.

No, I actually think it varies and goes up to full tuition (without a stipend).

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby CyLaw » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 pm

crackberry wrote:
Oban wrote:Is that award full tuition + stipend? That would be a sweet deal.

No, I actually think it varies and goes up to full tuition (without a stipend).


From what I read on the Merit Scholars site, all of them are full ride with 5,000 a year stipend. Normal merit scholarships outside the special scholars ones are in varying amounts.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:08 am

CyLaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Oban wrote:Is that award full tuition + stipend? That would be a sweet deal.

No, I actually think it varies and goes up to full tuition (without a stipend).


From what I read on the Merit Scholars site, all of them are full ride with 5,000 a year stipend. Normal merit scholarships outside the special scholars ones are in varying amounts.

I (happily) stand corrected.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kretzy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm

I was going through the giant box o'stuff today, and I have to say I'm impressed with the book of faculty profiles. It saddened me to see that there wasn't a gender/sexuality scholar on the faculty, but it's nice to see a school focus on their faculty assets in the materials they send.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Kretzy wrote:I was going through the giant box o'stuff today, and I have to say I'm impressed with the book of faculty profiles. It saddened me to see that there wasn't a gender/sexuality scholar on the faculty, but it's nice to see a school focus on their faculty assets in the materials they send.



Agreed. I thought that was a really cool feature. I sort of wish other schools had sent me the faculty facebook. The student-authored "survival guide" type book was pretty informative too. Vandy wins for publications.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Kretzy wrote:I was going through the giant box o'stuff today, and I have to say I'm impressed with the book of faculty profiles. It saddened me to see that there wasn't a gender/sexuality scholar on the faculty, but it's nice to see a school focus on their faculty assets in the materials they send.



Agreed. I thought that was a really cool feature. I sort of wish other schools had sent me the faculty facebook. The student-authored "survival guide" type book was pretty informative too. Vandy wins for publications.


but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:24 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Kretzy wrote:I was going through the giant box o'stuff today, and I have to say I'm impressed with the book of faculty profiles. It saddened me to see that there wasn't a gender/sexuality scholar on the faculty, but it's nice to see a school focus on their faculty assets in the materials they send.



Agreed. I thought that was a really cool feature. I sort of wish other schools had sent me the faculty facebook. The student-authored "survival guide" type book was pretty informative too. Vandy wins for publications.


but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.


I totally agree. I need more "______ Law" t-shirts to wear to the gym.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

puppins wrote:but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.



Agreed, but they'd all have to include a place on the app where you indicate your t-shirt size.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:28 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
puppins wrote:but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.

Agreed, but they'd all have to include a place on the app where you indicate your t-shirt size.

I'm willing to accept that trade off.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kretzy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Kretzy wrote:I was going through the giant box o'stuff today, and I have to say I'm impressed with the book of faculty profiles. It saddened me to see that there wasn't a gender/sexuality scholar on the faculty, but it's nice to see a school focus on their faculty assets in the materials they send.



Agreed. I thought that was a really cool feature. I sort of wish other schools had sent me the faculty facebook. The student-authored "survival guide" type book was pretty informative too. Vandy wins for publications.


but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.


I have this aversion to wearing clothing items from a place I didn't attend. Especially hoodies. Those are only for the alma mater(s). T-shirts are a little different, I suppose.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
puppins wrote:but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.

Agreed, but they'd all have to include a place on the app where you indicate your t-shirt size.

I'm willing to accept that trade off.



I'm sure LSAC will argue that adding that question justifies an additional $3-4 per school processing fee.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Kretzy wrote:I have this aversion to wearing clothing items from a place I didn't attend. Especially hoodies. Those are only for the alma mater(s). T-shirts are a little different, I suppose.


No one should ever turn down a free t-shirt.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:30 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
puppins wrote:but do they send a t-shirt? I think schools should send a t-shirt.

Agreed, but they'd all have to include a place on the app where you indicate your t-shirt size.

I'm willing to accept that trade off.



I'm sure LSAC will argue that adding that question justifies an additional $3-4 per school processing fee.

but to be fair, part of the processing fee will include facebook stalking you to double check the size.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Especially hoodies. Those are only for the alma mater(s). T-shirts are a little different, I suppose.



Tend to agree with you. Did Emily Post ever address this?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm

puppins wrote:but to be fair, part of the processing fee will include facebook stalking you to double check the size.



Ha! "Pshhh... Size Small? Maybe in the 8th grade. Put her down for Husky."

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Kretzy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Especially hoodies. Those are only for the alma mater(s). T-shirts are a little different, I suppose.



Tend to agree with you. Did Emily Post ever address this?


I wish. That would really help me either (a) get over my indignation or (b) entrench myself in my anti-random-college-paraphernalia beliefs.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby The Zeppelin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Kretzy wrote:I have this aversion to wearing clothing items from a place I didn't attend. Especially hoodies. Those are only for the alma mater(s). T-shirts are a little different, I suppose.

I use a Bama Law t-shirt from last year to do yard work. It's pretty dirty.
Last edited by The Zeppelin on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 pm

well, their admissions office is extraordinarily nice, which reflects nicely on their school...

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby poprox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:56 pm

that's nice.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 am

if i requested an interview, will they hold my app until the interview is complete?......and before anyone asks....171/3.9

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:if i requested an interview, will they hold my app until the interview is complete?......and before anyone asks....171/3.9

It appears so, yes. I have similar numbers and requested an interview. I was complete (pending interview) 9/17 but didn't have my interview until last Friday. I have yet to receive a decision but people with lower numbers have been accepted.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 pm

^
argh, i suppose it would be weird to retract my request?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”