Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:00 pm

lz06 wrote:Still no money anyone??

None here. Offers should start going out maybe next week or early March.

User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dontstopbelivin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 pm

MF248 wrote:BTW, White Sox fan?


Me? Well, sure, I guess...but since I'm not really a baseball person, I'm technically a fan of any team that I'm watching play (except the Yankees. Even I know they suck) :wink:

Applicant2010
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Applicant2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:43 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
lz06 wrote:Still no money anyone??

None here. Offers should start going out maybe next week or early March.


Someone just posted scholarship on LSN from Vandy via email. Maybe soon?

Edit: spelling

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Applicant2010 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
lz06 wrote:Still no money anyone??

None here. Offers should start going out maybe next week or early March.


Someone just posted scholarship on LSN from Vandy via email. Maybe soon?

Edit: spelling


Wow, I didn't think they were sending via email...so I suppose that we might be seeing more offers this week instead of waiting for snail mail. Crossing fingers.

legendwaitforitdairy
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby legendwaitforitdairy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 pm

astro1819 wrote:
Applicant2010 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
lz06 wrote:Still no money anyone??

None here. Offers should start going out maybe next week or early March.


Someone just posted scholarship on LSN from Vandy via email. Maybe soon?

Edit: spelling


Wow, I didn't think they were sending via email...so I suppose that we might be seeing more offers this week instead of waiting for snail mail. Crossing fingers.



+1...With Chicago giving me a big fat $0 if Vandy gives me enough I may be headed to Nashville....

sdv
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby sdv » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

If you read his LSN profile, though, he withdrew from Vandy via email yesterday. It sounds like a non-traditional plea to get him to reconsider, rather than a standard policy we should all be expecting.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby lz06 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:18 pm

sdv wrote:If you read his LSN profile, though, he withdrew from Vandy via email yesterday. It sounds like a non-traditional plea to get him to reconsider, rather than a standard policy we should all be expecting.


Yea I just saw that, strange. I didn't know schools still attempted to contact you after you withdrew.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:19 pm

sdv wrote:If you read his LSN profile, though, he withdrew from Vandy via email yesterday. It sounds like a non-traditional plea to get him to reconsider, rather than a standard policy we should all be expecting.


Good point. Alas, back to anxiously awaiting the mail.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:20 pm

lz06 wrote:
sdv wrote:If you read his LSN profile, though, he withdrew from Vandy via email yesterday. It sounds like a non-traditional plea to get him to reconsider, rather than a standard policy we should all be expecting.


Yea I just saw that, strange. I didn't know schools still attempted to contact you after you withdrew.


Well, they had probably already made the scholarship decision. So perhaps they just figured they would send it along faster in hopes that it might affect the decision to attend.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 pm

ahhhhhh, so now we know what we need to do to get $$$.....major reverse psychology....send a letter/e-mail that says we're WDing and then add that we were never planning on going there in the first place and then lay back and wait for the dough

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:ahhhhhh, so now we know what we need to do to get $$$.....major reverse psychology....send a letter/e-mail that says we're WDing and then add that we were never planning on going there in the first place and then lay back and wait for the dough


I'm going to send mine in now so that I can hear back before 5:00. I'll tell you how it goes!

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:ahhhhhh, so now we know what we need to do to get $$$.....major reverse psychology....send a letter/e-mail that says we're WDing and then add that we were never planning on going there in the first place and then lay back and wait for the dough


Haha, genius. You first ;).

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Just threw in a last minute application. Since I have not been in this thread before - does interviewing seem to be necessary for admission?

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:02 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Just threw in a last minute application. Since I have not been in this thread before - does interviewing seem to be necessary for admission?



Not at all. It's too late to interview anyhow.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:02 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Just threw in a last minute application. Since I have not been in this thread before - does interviewing seem to be necessary for admission?

I believe it is too late to schedule an official interview. You might be able to get one if you visit the school though.

EDIT: I applied in early Jan, did not interview, and got in.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby astro1819 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Just threw in a last minute application. Since I have not been in this thread before - does interviewing seem to be necessary for admission?


I was in within two weeks of going complete, without an interview. So I don't think it's important at Vandy as it is at Northwestern.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Okay, good to know. Also, I didn't realize it was too late to interview. Oh well.

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MF248 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:31 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:
MF248 wrote:BTW, White Sox fan?


Me? Well, sure, I guess...but since I'm not really a baseball person, I'm technically a fan of any team that I'm watching play (except the Yankees. Even I know they suck) :wink:



Ahh. Guess your avatar just got my hopes up.

User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dontstopbelivin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 pm

MF248 wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:
MF248 wrote:BTW, White Sox fan?


Me? Well, sure, I guess...but since I'm not really a baseball person, I'm technically a fan of any team that I'm watching play (except the Yankees. Even I know they suck) :wink:



Ahh. Guess your avatar just got my hopes up.


Sorry to mislead you. I'm not anti-White Sox (or more pro-Cubs), if that makes it any better.

It actually comes from my deep-abiding love for Journey (or really, any awesome 80's band), but I also thought it apropos for this whole trying-to-get-into-LS thing we're doing.

EDIT for spelling. You'd think I'd know how to do that by now...

User avatar
ornbarn
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ornbarn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:42 pm

So i just spoke to someone in admissions. he said a batch of scholarships went out today (and I was one of them!!!) and they are in the mail as of today.

Hoping I figure out how much it's for on Monday.

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MF248 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:44 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:
MF248 wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:
Me? Well, sure, I guess...but since I'm not really a baseball person, I'm technically a fan of any team that I'm watching play (except the Yankees. Even I know they suck) :wink:



Ahh. Guess your avatar just got my hopes up.


Sorry to mislead you. I'm not anti-White Sox (or more pro-Cubs), if that makes it any better.

It actually comes from my deep-abiding love for Journey (or really, any awesome 80's band), but I also thought it apropos for this whole trying-to-get-into-LS thing we're doing.

EDIT for spelling. You'd think I'd know how to do that by now...


That would be a fitting song for my cycle so far :/

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:45 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ornbarn
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby ornbarn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
ornbarn wrote:So i just spoke to someone in admissions. he said a batch of scholarships went out today (and I was one of them!!!) and they are in the mail as of today.

Hoping I figure out how much it's for on Monday.

Nice... Did he tell you that you were one, or did you see it on a status checker or the like?


he told me I did receive a scholarship. (didn't tell me how much it was for)

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:06 pm

ornbarn wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
ornbarn wrote:So i just spoke to someone in admissions. he said a batch of scholarships went out today (and I was one of them!!!) and they are in the mail as of today.

Hoping I figure out how much it's for on Monday.

Nice... Did he tell you that you were one, or did you see it on a status checker or the like?


he told me I did receive a scholarship. (didn't tell me how much it was for)


omg must call now.

lol.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:08 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], TheSpanishMain and 4 guests