Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby beesknees » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

.
Last edited by beesknees on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

td6624
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby td6624 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:13 pm

snail mail is the worsssst.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm

beesknees wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:Anyone know how they communicated scholarship awards last year? Email, snail mail, telepathy?


According to LSN users from last year, they received their scholarship notifications via snail mail the first week of March.


This sounds about right. The email says decisions will be made this week so ~7 days delivery time puts at the first week of March.

Applicant2010
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Applicant2010 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm

First Law Scholar award - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forza

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Any one going to the ASD on March 26th?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Applicant2010 wrote:First Law Scholar award - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forza

Congrats to forza. That's awesome!

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby forza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Got the call on Saturday; thanks guys! :D

EDIT: oh, and I'll be at the March 26 ASD - hope to see all of you then.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 pm

forza wrote:Got the call on Saturday; thanks guys! :D


Like the new tar. So are you Vandy bound? Did that seal the cycle for you?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby forza » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
forza wrote:Got the call on Saturday; thanks guys! :D


Like the new tar. So are you Vandy bound? Did that seal the cycle for you?


Almost certain. I love the school (and city), it's close to my family, and it's an unbelievable bargain with the scholarship. Almost too good to be true.

I will wait to attend the admitted students program, but my deadline is April 1st and it most definitely won't take that long. :)

gmichaelbluth
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby gmichaelbluth » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Wow, major congrats!

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby smartblonde87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 pm

forza wrote:Got the call on Saturday; thanks guys! :D

EDIT: oh, and I'll be at the March 26 ASD - hope to see all of you then.


congrats! ...and to all others who have gotten in thus far as well!

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Applicant2010 wrote:First Law Scholar award - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forza


Image

congrats

User avatar
smacroon
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby smacroon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
Applicant2010 wrote:First Law Scholar award - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forza


Image

congrats


Congrats :) Let's see if they can start makin it rain for the rest of us...

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 pm

smacroon wrote:
pleasetryagain wrote:
Applicant2010 wrote:First Law Scholar award - http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forza


Image

congrats


Congrats :) Let's see if they can start makin it rain for the rest of us...


Seriously lol. Come on Vandy make it rain baby!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:20 pm

forza wrote:Got the call on Saturday; thanks guys! :D

EDIT: oh, and I'll be at the March 26 ASD - hope to see all of you then.


--ImageRemoved--



Congrats for sure

BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby BlankC » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

In at Vandy! Woooooo! :D

Happy days!

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby purell2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm

I am still unclear about how merit based scholarships are awarded. Apparently last year, many admitted students received scholarship offers with their Vandy box. None so far this year? Does anyone know exactly how the merit scholarships are awarded?

dnesto01
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dnesto01 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:32 pm

purell2 wrote:I am still unclear about how merit based scholarships are awarded. Apparently last year, many admitted students received scholarship offers with their Vandy box. None so far this year? Does anyone know exactly how the merit scholarships are awarded?


What is "vandy box"

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby purell2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

vandy box= the large package accepted students receive via usps

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:55 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sdv
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby sdv » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:To those that got the travel stipend to visit, do you remember if it applies only to visits during admitted student weekends or to visits anytime during a certain time period? I don't have my info with me here and work and am thinking I may be able to swing a visit.

Also, when was their deposit deadline?


Just to admitted students weekends, and only for actual travel (since they offer the option to stay with current students

User avatar
smacroon
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby smacroon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm

sdv wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:To those that got the travel stipend to visit, do you remember if it applies only to visits during admitted student weekends or to visits anytime during a certain time period? I don't have my info with me here and work and am thinking I may be able to swing a visit.

Also, when was their deposit deadline?


Just to admitted students weekends, and only for actual travel (since they offer the option to stay with current students


There is also a contact person to ask about travel details. It says they may be willing to give travel $$ for students visiting campus not on ASD. I emailed on Friday and am waiting for a response. Ryan.Willard@vanderbilt.edu is the listed contact.

dnesto01
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dnesto01 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

I was under the impression that all admitted students got a $200 travel reimbursement?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

dnesto01 wrote:I was under the impression that all admitted students got a $200 travel reimbursement?

+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests