Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pleasetryagain

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 pm

najumobi wrote:anyone know the date which vandy's first seat deposit is due?

$500 by April 15

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:07 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
najumobi wrote:anyone know the date which vandy's first seat deposit is due?

$500 by April 15
k thanks....i was trying to get an idea of when they would start pulling people of their waitlist.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:43 pm

turkishangora wrote:2/12 DM!!! I could have sworn it wasn't there on Friday. median numbers. no vandy essay or interview.

good luck!!!

jwrit07

Postby jwrit07 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:46 pm

has Vandy been rejecting people or do they usually reserve their rejections until the end?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

jwrit07 wrote:has Vandy been rejecting people or do they usually reserve their rejections until the end?

They've been rejecting a few, but LSN looks like mostly Accept and WL

http://vanderbilt.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

alfredjensen

Postby alfredjensen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:09 pm

i did a check on USPS and it looks like i should be expecting this letter tomorrow. anyone else expecting it then?

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 pm

alfredjensen wrote:i did a check on USPS and it looks like i should be expecting this letter tomorrow. anyone else expecting it then?

me. good luck.

Notor

Postby Notor » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 pm

alfredjensen wrote:i did a check on USPS and it looks like i should be expecting this letter tomorrow. anyone else expecting it then?

how?

alfredjensen

Postby alfredjensen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Notor wrote:

how?

the check? --LinkRemoved-- plus estimation. everything gets from nashville to ithaca in 2 days.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 pm

alfredjensen wrote:
Notor wrote:

how?

the check? --LinkRemoved-- plus estimation. everything gets from nashville to ithaca in 2 days.

Ohh, psshh. I thought you were able to somehow track a priority piece using only the receiving address or something. I was about to enter into a stratospheric level of imminent decision neurosis.

alfredjensen

Postby alfredjensen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:23 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
alfredjensen wrote:
Notor wrote:

how?

Ohh, psshh. I thought you were able to somehow track a priority piece using only the receiving address or something. I was about to enter into a stratospheric level of imminent decision neurosis.

sorry. i don't know any secrets you all don't know. i'm expecting it because...i want it.

...decision neurosis is only imminent for you? i spent the last 2 days shooting myself in the foot for my thesis because i can't think about anything else...

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:24 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:
turkishangora wrote:2/12 DM!!! I could have sworn it wasn't there on Friday. median numbers. no vandy essay or interview.

good luck!!!

thank you :)

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello friends -- I got a Vandy WL note in the mail today, just thought I would post it here. I'm a little above the GPA median, a little below the LSAT median. Didn't interview or write any optional essays. DM 2/12.

EDIT: Also, non-traditional, 8 years out of UG.

Quine

Postby Quine » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:50 pm

mayosmith wrote:Hello friends -- I got a Vandy WL note in the mail today, just thought I would post it here. I'm a little above the GPA median, a little below the LSAT median. Didn't interview or write any optional essays. DM 2/12.

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

Jesw

Postby Jesw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Complete 12/7.... STILLLL...WAITING.....

Anyone else about to start freaking out???

Call me OCD, but I just wanna KNOW!

djgoldbe

Postby djgoldbe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 pm

mayosmith wrote:Hello friends -- I got a Vandy WL note in the mail today, just thought I would post it here. I'm a little above the GPA median, a little below the LSAT median. Didn't interview or write any optional essays. DM 2/12.

Oh god....that's not promising.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Bummer. You're in at NW and some other great places, so that should take the sting out a bit.

LSN shows a DM 2/12 who was an accept, so maybe that is better news for those of us who are still waiting. I figure a ton of these letters/packages will arrive tomorrow through Friday.

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm

mctj wrote:

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK

Sh*tSh*tSh*tSh*tSh*tSh*tSh*tSh*tSh*tSh*t

alfredjensen

Postby alfredjensen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

this shouldn't mean anything new. LSN has 3 different responses for this date this year. i am nervous, but someone getting a waitlist on the same date doesn't make me any more nervous. didn't someone just explain that schools are not necessarily inclined to group similar decisions, and that vanderbilt is especially unpredictable in this respect?

Quine

Postby Quine » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 pm

alfredjensen wrote:this shouldn't mean anything new. LSN has 3 different responses for this date this year. i am nervous, but someone getting a waitlist on the same date doesn't make me any more nervous. didn't someone just explain that schools are not necessarily inclined to group similar decisions, and that vanderbilt is especially unpredictable in this respect?

It's called rationalization.

From the patterns I've deduced... from 2-3 data points... it seems that they are simultaneously working through two tiers of applications, one of admits and one of waitlists. The admit pile appears to be lagging about a month behind completion dates, with [probable] admits from early January finally getting the nod. The waitlist pile is larger and lagging by about two months, with the [probable] waitlist applicants from early December finally getting consideration.

Fuck. Me.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

mctj wrote:
alfredjensen wrote:this shouldn't mean anything new. LSN has 3 different responses for this date this year. i am nervous, but someone getting a waitlist on the same date doesn't make me any more nervous. didn't someone just explain that schools are not necessarily inclined to group similar decisions, and that vanderbilt is especially unpredictable in this respect?

From the patterns I've deduced... from 2-3 data points... it seems that they are simultaneously working through two tiers of applications, one of admits and one of waitlists. The admit pile appears to be lagging about a month behind completion dates, with [probable] admits from early January finally getting the nod. The waitlist pile is larger and lagging by about two months, with the [probable] waitlist applicants from early December finally getting consideration.

Fuck. Me.

Either way, I figure we'll know by tomorrow. Those Priority Mail boxes ought not to take very long to arrive, lol. I've taken the latest lunch break the past 2 days at work just so I can rush home and check the mail (my mail man usually comes later in the day).

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 pm

mctj wrote:

Fuck. Me.

If it doesn't work out at VULS for you, you should consider a career in statistical analysis. well done, sir. well done.

alfredjensen

Postby alfredjensen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:59 pm

mctj wrote:

Fuck. Me.

I was talking about the DM date. Not the completion date. If that conversation was also happening, then I apologize.

In fact, this is good news to me.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am

for those accepted what is your likelihood of attending? what would it take to get you to pass it up? barring the obvious HYS(C).

Quine

Postby Quine » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:39 am

alfredjensen wrote:
mctj wrote:

Fuck. Me.

I was talking about the DM date. Not the completion date. If that conversation was also happening, then I apologize.

In fact, this is good news to me.

As was I, I'm also DM 2/12. I am taking note of a pattern of completion dates corresponding to the DM 2/12 bundle. You appear to be in the admit category.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”