Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:14 pm

forza wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Jesw wrote:Complete 12/9..... STILL nothing...

12/7 here, it's killing me!!


FAITH. HAVE IT!

I'M TRYING!!!!

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:15 pm

I am determined to get into vanderbilt or die trying. The latter looking much more realistic at this point.

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby hhg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm

does anybody know how many people tend to end up on the waitlist & how many that stay on it are eventually admitted? i know this is an odd year, but rough numbers would be a bit helpful for the sake of my sanity at the very least.

sdv
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby sdv » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Best story ever:

Decision mailed 1/29. Spent the weekend freaking out, box finally comes Wednesday as I'm LEAVING for work, I turn around, drive back home, open the box: nothing inside. Vandy mailed me an empty box. So I called them and they emailed me a pdf of my acceptance, but WOW. Just waiting to hear about aid.

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dudester » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 pm

sdv wrote:Best story ever:

Decision mailed 1/29. Spent the weekend freaking out, box finally comes Wednesday as I'm LEAVING for work, I turn around, drive back home, open the box: nothing inside. Vandy mailed me an empty box. So I called them and they emailed me a pdf of my acceptance, but WOW. Just waiting to hear about aid.


That's hilarious.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sdv
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby sdv » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
dudester wrote:
sdv wrote:Best story ever:

Decision mailed 1/29. Spent the weekend freaking out, box finally comes Wednesday as I'm LEAVING for work, I turn around, drive back home, open the box: nothing inside. Vandy mailed me an empty box. So I called them and they emailed me a pdf of my acceptance, but WOW. Just waiting to hear about aid.


That's hilarious.

The biggest point of this story is that Vandy CAN email you your decision!


That's absolutely true - although the communications person I talked to had to scan it in and send it to me...

Oddly enough they wouldn't tell me or give me any indication of what was in the letter over the phone (aka wouldn't tell me if I got in or not), even though I don't know what they could have possibly put in a "rejection" box...pamphlets on alternate career plans, perhaps?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby dudester » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
dudester wrote:
sdv wrote:Best story ever:

Decision mailed 1/29. Spent the weekend freaking out, box finally comes Wednesday as I'm LEAVING for work, I turn around, drive back home, open the box: nothing inside. Vandy mailed me an empty box. So I called them and they emailed me a pdf of my acceptance, but WOW. Just waiting to hear about aid.


That's hilarious.

The biggest point of this story is that Vandy CAN email you your decision!


Sure, if they happen to mail you an empty box.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:01 pm

So I got a small packet in the mail. It turned out to be brochures about Vandy's employment stats and a couple of their programs. I know they told me they don't start looking at monetary decisions for admitted students until early February, but this packet is still a tease.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 pm

rad law wrote:So I got a small packet in the mail. It turned out to be brochures about Vandy's employment stats and a couple of their programs. I know they told me they don't start looking at monetary decisions for admitted students until early February, but this packet is still a tease.

Got the same package yesterday. Was hoping it was financial aid information, but no such luck!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:28 pm

sent an extra LOR today....plan on writing a LOCI next month. Anyone else gaming the WL?

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby HBK » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Complete 1/4, no DR, no waitlist, nothing.

Is this a good or bad thing?

misslawyer2013
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby misslawyer2013 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Still upset with Vanderbilt for having me wait since October.

lawyerlover
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby lawyerlover » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Veritas wrote:sent an extra LOR today....plan on writing a LOCI next month. Anyone else gaming the WL?


yes me! two LOR sent. one via email the other fedex. writing me LOCI tonight.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm

lawyerlover wrote:
Veritas wrote:sent an extra LOR today....plan on writing a LOCI next month. Anyone else gaming the WL?


yes me! two LOR sent. one via email the other fedex. writing me LOCI tonight.

:shock: you're all over this.

I'm trying to give them a couple things spaced apart. I feel like too much info might make it obsolete instead of fewer meaningful additions.

lawyerlover
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby lawyerlover » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Veritas wrote:
lawyerlover wrote:
Veritas wrote:sent an extra LOR today....plan on writing a LOCI next month. Anyone else gaming the WL?


yes me! two LOR sent. one via email the other fedex. writing me LOCI tonight.

:shock: you're all over this.

I'm trying to give them a couple things spaced apart. I feel like too much info might make it obsolete instead of fewer meaningful additions.


agreed - i have been spacing mine - i was waitlisted like three weeks ago.

twintipping_bumps
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby twintipping_bumps » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:45 pm

I just checked my status and have a decision sent date of 2/3. But I haven't received anything. Has anyone else heard back from a 2/3 decision sent date?

Edit: Looking back a few pages, the two 2/3s that appear both are WLs.

2nd Edit: There are a few acceptances with 2/3 date on LSN. Ugh.
Last edited by twintipping_bumps on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Is there any merit in writing a LOCI if you just don't have a decision rendered yet? I've got borderline stats and if this would tip the scales even in the slightest I would do it in a heartbeat.

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby entrechatsix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

adh07d wrote:Is there any merit in writing a LOCI if you just don't have a decision rendered yet? I've got borderline stats and if this would tip the scales even in the slightest I would do it in a heartbeat.


i didn't write a "why vandy" essay and i'm thinking about sending one in (applied about a month ago). there was some talk of people who did this earlier in the thread... for anyone who did, did you email it in or what?

User avatar
Ragnar
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Ragnar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 pm

missvik218 wrote:
forza wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Jesw wrote:Complete 12/9..... STILL nothing...

12/7 here, it's killing me!!


FAITH. HAVE IT!

I'M TRYING!!!!


11/30! What can we do? I sent another LOR. Does Vandy like "Why Vandy" essays? I'm not waitlisted, I'm purgatoried. Tom Petty was right about the waiting, eh?

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby missvik218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Ragnar wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
forza wrote:FAITH. HAVE IT!

I'M TRYING!!!!

11/30! What can we do? I sent another LOR. Does Vandy like "Why Vandy" essays? I'm not waitlisted, I'm purgatoried. Tom Petty was right about the waiting, eh?

I believe they do, I sent one with my initial application so I can't send another one now unless it's part of a LOCI ... is it creepy to send those before you've even heard a decision? I thought seriously about flying to Nashville for a day to visit and profess my love, but it's REALLY expensive and what if I got there and they were all "this is very nice but your rejection is in the mail, too little too late sweetie!" :? I want in so bad but I feel like there is nothing for me to do but wait at this point.

orphanarium
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby orphanarium » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby A Swift » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 am

orphanarium wrote:First off, best of luck to everyone still waiting. I would recommend writing a "Why Vandy" essay if you haven't already submitted one. And I would also send additional letters of rec. Even if substantively, the additional letter of rec doesn't add much, I think it shows your desire to attend the law school. And law schools love to be loved.

Anyways ...

App Received: 1/12
Decision Made: 2/5
In at Vandy!: 2/10


Did you interview? Did you apply for the optional scholarships? Similar numbers and complete a week before you, but haven't heard yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: csess, eck456, fancyfluter22, finaciardi, Google [Bot], Houzy, mcvizz, Nobiggie, premalone, ramp_999, smartmoon, VapidP, xn3345 and 20 guests