Vanderbilt 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zarathustra
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby zarathustra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am

My numbers are not as lustrous as yours. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping my softs will save me.

In any case, there is no way Vandy is going to reject you with those numbers.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:06 am

1/19ers stay posted by mailbox and post if you get a decision today!

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby portena » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:11 am

zarathustra wrote:My numbers are not as lustrous as yours. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping my softs will save me.

In any case, there is no way Vandy is going to reject you with those numbers.


Well if Vandy continues sending out the same decision to everyone who goes "decision mailed" on the same date, then maybe it's good news for both of us. Good luck!

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 am

robin600 wrote:1/19ers stay posted by mailbox and post if you get a decision today!


I'm of the feeling that I have been waitlisted. DM 1/19.

I might visit anyway, but really what good would that do? I just love Vandy. That's all I can say.

-HL

Xiaolong
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Xiaolong » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:05 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
robin600 wrote:1/19ers stay posted by mailbox and post if you get a decision today!


I'm of the feeling that I have been waitlisted. DM 1/19.

I might visit anyway, but really what good would that do? I just love Vandy. That's all I can say.

-HL



I am DM 01/19 too. FWIW, I was waitlisted at Vandy last year and this year I have a much stronger application package, including a much improved LSAT (although still 1 point below median). I fear you might be right with the WL...on the other hand, the most recent reject/WL (01/12) batch and accept batch (01/14) were separated by only two days, so I don't see a reason why (01/18) is reject/WL and (01/19) is accept this time.

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:19 am

Xiaolong wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:
robin600 wrote:1/19ers stay posted by mailbox and post if you get a decision today!


I'm of the feeling that I have been waitlisted. DM 1/19.

I might visit anyway, but really what good would that do? I just love Vandy. That's all I can say.

-HL



I am DM 01/19 too. FWIW, I was waitlisted at Vandy last year and this year I have a much stronger application package, including a much improved LSAT (although still 1 point below median). I fear you might be right with the WL...on the other hand, the most recent reject/WL (01/12) batch and accept batch (01/14) were separated by only two days, so I don't see a reason why (01/18) is reject/WL and (01/19) is accept this time.


Interesting. Well, I wasn't really speaking to the separation between batches. I was speaking to the time between a decision is made and the time it takes for item to arrive at someone's mailbox. From what has happened this year, an acceptance arrives about two days after the decision is mailed. A waitlist takes about 3-7 days.

As you have a 167 LSAT, I'm afraid this is only more evidence that the DM 1/19 batch is a waitlist batch. FML.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Mail anyone?

Remember kids, a waitlist is not a death sentence!

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Nothing in the mail today. Just got rejected from UChicago too. Bummer.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Waitlisted today via snail mail. DM 1/19. Just as I suspected! Fairly pleased with the decision, all things considered.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby MarkRenton » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm

robin600 wrote:Mail anyone?

Remember kids, a waitlist is not a death sentence!


I was thinking about this. How about those candidates (not saying that I am one...) who have tremendous soft factors and are slightly below both the GPA and LSAT medians? It seems like candidates pulled off the WL are meant to help schools increase or guarantee one of the two medians (read: splitters). Or maybe increase the number of URM candidates (read: diversity). But it seems like those candidates who are very interesting yet numerical not as impressive do not fair nearly as well in the WL process. I think Vandy might be an exception since the school enjoys students who genuinely wish be there. But I doubt this is standard (I might be wrong though).

zarathustra
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby zarathustra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm in! Priority Mail. Complete 1/7. DM 1/21. No interview.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm

zarathustra wrote:I'm in! Priority Mail. Complete 1/7. DM 1/21. No interview.



14 days to mail a decision? Damn are your numbers/softs absurd?

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Rawlsian » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 pm

zarathustra wrote:I'm in! Priority Mail. Complete 1/7. DM 1/21. No interview.


Congrats! I didn't go complete until 1/20, but I'd be more than happy to have the same kind of turnaround you had, whatever the outcome.

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby portena » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:29 pm

In! Complete 1/8, DM 1/21. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby existenz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
zarathustra wrote:I'm in! Priority Mail. Complete 1/7. DM 1/21. No interview.


14 days to mail a decision? Damn are your numbers/softs absurd?


I was complete 1/4, decision mailed 1/14. Ten day turnaround.

I think Vandy just has a faster turnaround time than many other schools. LSN seems to confirm this.

mrb40914
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby mrb40914 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:08 pm

So I'm DM 1/22, anyone else?

Is that the same batch as DM 1/21 or what?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Waitlisted today via snail mail. DM 1/19. Just as I suspected! Fairly pleased with the decision, all things considered.

where do you live, just out of curiosity, I didn't get anything in the mail today besides my energy bill and a Wisconsin viewbook.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm

MarkRenton wrote:
robin600 wrote:Mail anyone?

Remember kids, a waitlist is not a death sentence!


I was thinking about this. How about those candidates (not saying that I am one...) who have tremendous soft factors and are slightly below both the GPA and LSAT medians? It seems like candidates pulled off the WL are meant to help schools increase or guarantee one of the two medians (read: splitters). Or maybe increase the number of URM candidates (read: diversity). But it seems like those candidates who are very interesting yet numerical not as impressive do not fair nearly as well in the WL process. I think Vandy might be an exception since the school enjoys students who genuinely wish be there. But I doubt this is standard (I might be wrong though).

IDK from what I've read last year W&L pulls a lot of people off their waitlist that are below both medians but again it doesn't need to be the standard. That's what LSAT retakes are for! Yay!

User avatar
Ragnar
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Ragnar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:57 pm

So, let's have a contest. Who's been complete the longest without a DM?
Complete 11/20 here.

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby billyez » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 pm

11/10. It's taking forever. I can't even go with the "URM's are being held longer" belief...if they want to reject me than reject me. I'm an adult, I can take it. I just abhor the thought that it's going to take three months for a decision.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby crm » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:00 pm

I have a feeling that with my numbers I will get waitlisted based on the past few years on LSN. I haven't heard yet, but I have written a Why Vandy essay, should I send that in now or wait? I dont want to get flat out rejected and them never see it, but I also dont want to be too pushy

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby initech » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:46 pm

11/17, which isn't worse than my 10/19 at Duke and 9/28 at USC.

User avatar
lifeaway1985
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 am

Ragnar wrote:So, let's have a contest. Who's been complete the longest without a DM?
Complete 11/20 here.


+1

BigJiggaJ87
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:07 am

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby BigJiggaJ87 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

In 1/21 via snail package. Complete 1/18.

Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 am

BigJiggaJ87 wrote:In 1/21 via snail package. Complete 1/18.

Good luck everyone!

Complete or DM?

Complete on 1/20 here
168 (Dec retake) 3.87




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”