Vanderbilt 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Silver

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Post by najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 pm

just found out that if an applicant doesn't interview during the official interview period towards the beginning of the application cycle he won't be granted an interview...i was waitlisted and thought i'd be able to be interviewed if i went to their campus for it, but i guess not. :(

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 pm

najumobi wrote:just found out that if an applicant doesn't interview during the official interview period towards the beginning of the application cycle he won't be granted an interview...i was waitlisted and thought i'd be able to be interviewed if i went to their campus for it, but i guess not. :(

I visited. You can PM me if you want but a campus visit/talking to an admissions official could help alot....

evergirl23

Bronze

Post by evergirl23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

najumobi wrote:just found out that if an applicant doesn't interview during the official interview period towards the beginning of the application cycle he won't be granted an interview...i was waitlisted and thought i'd be able to be interviewed if i went to their campus for it, but i guess not. :(

I scheduled a visit yesterday. My tour is going to be given by an admissions counselor. Definitely visit.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
I scheduled a visit yesterday. My tour is going to be given by an admissions counselor. Definitely visit.
I want to SO BADLY .. why does it cost so much to fly into Nashville???

smacroon

New

Post by smacroon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm

smacroon wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
dnesto01 wrote:I was under the impression that all admitted students got a $200 travel reimbursement?
+1
Link with info about reimbursement
http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... index.aspx
FYI for those interested I was approved for $150 reimbursment for a non-ASD trip.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

lgreenbe wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:Out at Vandy :-( DM 2/17. Oh well.
Sorry to hear that. Can I ask when you went complete?

Yea, complete 11/30. They waited a long time to hand out that rejection!
Thanks for the info, and yeah, they seem to be taking their time on some people.

Good luck with the rest of your cycle, if you're still waiting on other schools!

mxc

New

Post by mxc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

missvik218 wrote:
dnesto01 wrote:Does anyone know if Vanderbilt matches scholarship offers, and if so, would BU/WUSTL be thought of a comparable schools that I could use to get money from Vandy?
IMO schools like UCLA/UT/G-town are more likely to be considered "peers" for Vandy.
Would WashU be considered a peer school for Vanderbilt?

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 am

I take it no one has received scholarship info yet?

Maybe today???

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 am

td6624 wrote:I take it no one has received scholarship info yet?

Maybe today???
Next week.

ornbarn

New

Post by ornbarn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 am

No mail from Vandy today, though I'm hoping to get some sort of scholarship soon. Just some packet from University of Alabama and a postcard from CUNY.

Ragnar

New

Post by Ragnar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 pm

lgreenbe wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:Out at Vandy :-( DM 2/17. Oh well.
Sorry to hear that. Can I ask when you went complete?

Yea, complete 11/30. They waited a long time to hand out that rejection!

I was complete 11/30 and rejected on 2/16. I was thinking, "They are waiting so long, they must be wavering between WL and accept, because if they were deciding between WL and reject they would just WL." I couldn't bring myself to attend at full tuition anyway, but at least my ego wouldn't be this damaged. My LSAT was around the median and my GPA was below 25%, but I had a good interview, WE, and softs. It seems their applicant pool was unusually strong. Well at least that makes me feel a little better. Congratulations all you guys that got in. I know you'll love Vandy. Hopefully we won't be competing for the same jobs.

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:19 pm

What is considered appropriate attire if you're visiting the school & sitting in on a class? I'm going on a tour, but not having an interview & have already been admitted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

MF248 wrote:What is considered appropriate attire if you're visiting the school & sitting in on a class? I'm going on a tour, but not having an interview & have already been admitted.
I'd say business casual or jeans with a collared shirt would be okay. I wouldn't show up in a raddy T-shirt or anything like that, but wearing a shirt/tie or a suit might be a bit much.

dontstopbelivin

New

Post by dontstopbelivin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:39 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
MF248 wrote:What is considered appropriate attire if you're visiting the school & sitting in on a class? I'm going on a tour, but not having an interview & have already been admitted.
I'd say business casual or jeans with a collared shirt would be okay. I wouldn't show up in a raddy T-shirt or anything like that, but wearing a shirt/tie or a suit might be a bit much.
I visited a few weeks ago (also post-admit), and met with one of the admissions officers for a tour. I just wore nice jeans and a cute jacket, and for guys, jeans and a collared shirt should be totally fine. All the students were wearing "nice casual," and the admissions staff in business casual. Enjoy your visit!

legendwaitforitdairy

New

Post by legendwaitforitdairy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Vandy, I NEED MONEY FROM YOU!!! please tell me soon so i can plan out my next 3 years....

anyone hear $$$ yet?

LSHPFL10

New

Post by LSHPFL10 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 pm

If one has been waitlisted or not yet accepted, would scheduling a visit help your chances?

How do you guys go about doing this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSHPFL10

New

Post by LSHPFL10 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:37 pm

LSHPFL10 wrote:If one has been waitlisted or not yet accepted, would scheduling a visit help your chances?

How do you guys go about doing this?

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:14 pm

missvik218 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:
I want to SO BADLY .. why does it cost so much to fly into Nashville???
where are you coming from? it is always really cheap for me to fly into nashville but really expensive to fly back to nyc.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:58 pm

How much is the seat deposit for Vandy?

blueberrymuffin

New

Post by blueberrymuffin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 pm

adh07d wrote:How much is the seat deposit for Vandy?
$500 due 4/15

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:15 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
I visited a few weeks ago (also post-admit), and met with one of the admissions officers for a tour. I just wore nice jeans and a cute jacket, and for guys, jeans and a collared shirt should be totally fine. All the students were wearing "nice casual," and the admissions staff in business casual. Enjoy your visit!
By collared shirt do you mean like a polo, or button up. (I have about 0 fashion sense)

dontstopbelivin

New

Post by dontstopbelivin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:03 am

MF248 wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
By collared shirt do you mean like a polo, or button up. (I have about 0 fashion sense)
I'd vote button-up, since it's a little nicer than a polo. Then you'd be a little more like business casual, and feel comfortable regardless of who you're with (students, admissions officers, etc). But to be honest, I don't think they'd really care as long as you didn't look like a total mess.

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:
MF248 wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:
thickfreakness wrote: I'd say business casual or jeans with a collared shirt would be okay. I wouldn't show up in a raddy T-shirt or anything like that, but wearing a shirt/tie or a suit might be a bit much.
I'd vote button-up, since it's a little nicer than a polo. Then you'd be a little more like business casual, and feel comfortable regardless of who you're with (students, admissions officers, etc). But to be honest, I don't think they'd really care as long as you didn't look like a total mess.
BTW, White Sox fan?

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Still no money anyone??

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”