Vanderbilt 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
manbearwig

Bronze

Re: Vanderbilt 2013

Post by manbearwig » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Just wondering... How important is the interview? I had one, and while I don't think it went bad, I don't think it went wonderful either. I left it with an "okay, then..." type of feeling. I'm at about median for both numbers.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 pm

manbearwig wrote:Just wondering... How important is the interview? I had one, and while I don't think it went bad, I don't think it went wonderful either. I left it with an "okay, then..." type of feeling. I'm at about median for both numbers.
Hopefully not very, as I am not doing one.

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:21 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
manbearwig wrote:Just wondering... How important is the interview? I had one, and while I don't think it went bad, I don't think it went wonderful either. I left it with an "okay, then..." type of feeling. I'm at about median for both numbers.
Hopefully not very, as I am not doing one.
+1

ornbarn

New

Post by ornbarn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:16 pm

App sent today. Time to wait..

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:02 am

There've been people in this thread who got in right after their interviews, so good ones can seemingly help. The guy I interviewed with said it at the least shows you have a real interest in the school which is a plus.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 am

I got complete on 11/20/2009. I have heard nothing ever since. What does it mean?

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:15 am

Complete since 10/30 with tons of people hearing back who went complete later than I did. Mostly likely looking at a WL/rejection. Pretty mehhh about the whole thing.

manbearwig

Bronze

Post by manbearwig » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:I got complete on 11/20/2009. I have heard nothing ever since. What does it mean?
I've been complete since 11/19. So, hopefully, if all is right with the world, it means I find out a day before you. :-P

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 am

Complete since 11/10. Maybe they were waiting for my December LSAT, but I doubt it - from LSN and other profiles here it's clear that Vanderbilt likes to take it's time. But anyway, I knew my chances were slim no matter how good the interview went. The only thing that'll piss me off is if I'm waitlisted. I might start pulling my hair out if they ask me to wait even longer after letting my application sit for two months...I think I'll send a preemptive LOCI.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hhg

Bronze

Post by hhg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:43 am

visited recently, classes weren't in session but the law school and the larger campus were awesome. my camera was dead so i can't post pictures, sorry. i can say that i was shown several classrooms & they were all very nice, and there were several different study areas around the law building with different vibes depending on study style. there was a line of restaurants(panera and some others)/starbucks across the street from the law school, very convenient if you wanna get off of campus for eating or studying. the rec center is big and has a decent amount of equipment. there is a climbing wall, a pool, an indoor track, several racquetball & basketball courts etc. it's a trek across campus from the law school, but there's also a shuttle from the parking lot outside of the gym (meant for people that work at the med center it seemed) to the med center that is just a few buildings away from the ls & right near to a popular area (hillsboro village, i think it was called) for food, shopping, and housing. the bookstore is two levels, pretty small law book section from what i could tell. a variety of campus eateries were housed in the same building. (this building was a few minute walk from the ls.) speaking of food, the law school has an eatery as well as a kitchen area equipped with a microwave and a few fridges for people that want to bring food to campus. ummm... what else? i can't really think of anything else at the moment, but if you have any questions that you think i can answer do ask!

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 am

Looks like I win (for the loss). Went complete 10/27, no word since. Didn't interview, but that's because it is simply impossible for me to this semester. In any case, I thought I stood a decent chance at admission, but a little worried at this point...

LSAT at median, GPA slightly under median.

-HL

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:32 am

hhg wrote:visited recently, classes weren't in session but the law school and the larger campus were awesome. my camera was dead so i can't post pictures, sorry. i can say that i was shown several classrooms & they were all very nice, and there were several different study areas around the law building with different vibes depending on study style. there was a line of restaurants(panera and some others)/starbucks across the street from the law school, very convenient if you wanna get off of campus for eating or studying. the rec center is big and has a decent amount of equipment. there is a climbing wall, a pool, an indoor track, several racquetball & basketball courts etc. it's a trek across campus from the law school, but there's also a shuttle from the parking lot outside of the gym (meant for people that work at the med center it seemed) to the med center that is just a few buildings away from the ls & right near to a popular area (hillsboro village, i think it was called) for food, shopping, and housing. the bookstore is two levels, pretty small law book section from what i could tell. a variety of campus eateries were housed in the same building. (this building was a few minute walk from the ls.) speaking of food, the law school has an eatery as well as a kitchen area equipped with a microwave and a few fridges for people that want to bring food to campus. ummm... what else? i can't really think of anything else at the moment, but if you have any questions that you think i can answer do ask!
Thanks! That was pretty useful, since I'm abroad so I can't visit.

I just got the GIANT admit packet from Vandy (which wasn't really at the top of my list before) and it just seems like a really nice place. It's also encouraging that they care about their admitted students enough to send them a ton of genuinely useful material (like a magazine about Nashville, the Obiter Dictum/ binder of top-law-schools.com and the Vandy area which I'm seriously excited about reading through, and a faculty viewbook).

Also, my UG pre-law advisor said that Vandy was the only place she's heard of her former students being genuinely happy... but also that tons of full-ride acceptees still turn it down to go to Harvard. Good thing I won't have that choice :)

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:Complete since 10/30 with tons of people hearing back who went complete later than I did. Mostly likely looking at a WL/rejection.
:( I'm feeling/fearing this as well. Complete since early December.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:51 am

decision mailed 1/5....i thought i would never hear.....i went complete 11/19

i kinda don't have a good feeling about it bc my interview was a little weird

both numbers above 75th, though

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am

somewhatwayward wrote:decision mailed 1/5....i thought i would never hear.....i went complete 11/19

+1

me too. Lsat above 75th, GPA close to 50%

Hopefully good news for us.

yoyoma

New

Post by yoyoma » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm

holydonkey wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:decision mailed 1/5....i thought i would never hear.....i went complete 11/19

+1

me too. Lsat above 75th, GPA close to 50%

Hopefully good news for us.
+2

LSAT around median, GPA above 75th

Complete since 11/11, I did the interview 12/16

Please be good news!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:03 pm

does scholarship info come with acceptance?

....i guess i shouldn't expect any bc i procrastinated on filling out that merit scholars supplement...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:does scholarship info come with acceptance?

....i guess i shouldn't expect any bc i procrastinated on filling out that merit scholars supplement...
No. Comes later in Feb or March or so.

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Looks like I win (for the loss). Went complete 10/27, no word since.
I think I win the waiting award, went complete 10/5 and have heard nothing since

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:27 pm

efusty06 wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:Looks like I win (for the loss). Went complete 10/27, no word since.
I think I win the waiting award, went complete 10/5 and have heard nothing since
9/18. Though you can keep the actual trophy, as looking at it might make me too sad.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 pm

panadera wrote:
efusty06 wrote:
9/18. Though you can keep the actual trophy, as looking at it might make me too sad.
I've got one up on you all: 9/15. Pretty sad.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

likeaspark

Bronze

Post by likeaspark » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Complete 12/9, decision mailed 1/5. (!!)

Anyone know if the decision is mailed to your current or permanent address?

jtang11

New

Post by jtang11 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

likeaspark wrote:Complete 12/9, decision mailed 1/5. (!!)

Anyone know if the decision is mailed to your current or permanent address?
It went to my current address.

BlueHeel

New

Post by BlueHeel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm pretty sure they havent sent any rejections yet, right? So any mail at this point is likely an accept.

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 pm

BlueHeel wrote:I'm pretty sure they havent sent any rejections yet, right? So any mail at this point is likely an accept.
Until they send the first rejection. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”