UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AlanShore

Silver

Re: UC Davis

Post by AlanShore » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:15 am

in for UC Davis

Dman

Bronze

Post by Dman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:42 am

superflush wrote:
Dman wrote:For frame of reference, I sent all material in Last year Late Oct, went complete Late Jan/early Feb then finally got in evaluation in mid April and a decision in Mid May. Davis was by far the slowest response out of all schools I applied to. I am sure my numbers being borderline drug out the process but it still seemed excessive.
wow, that is really crazy. You didn't get waitlisted before May even? That is kind of strange that they leave you hanging like that.
Nope, I got the evil WL in May then hung on till the end and finally got dinged Aug 23. Also, the admissions lady can be quite friendly but definitely has a dark side so tread lightly.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 am

Dman wrote:Nope, I got the evil WL in May then hung on till the end and finally got dinged Aug 23. Also, the admissions lady can be quite friendly but definitely has a dark side so tread lightly.
It is kind of strange that they don't even give you a WL decision by April 15th.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:53 am

AlanShore wrote:in for UC Davis
you mean you are applying to UC Davis? (I think you are confusing a lot of people with these comments)

Dman

Bronze

Post by Dman » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:14 am

superflush wrote:
Dman wrote:Nope, I got the evil WL in May then hung on till the end and finally got dinged Aug 23. Also, the admissions lady can be quite friendly but definitely has a dark side so tread lightly.
It is kind of strange that they don't even give you a WL decision by April 15th.
Their excuse last year was "new software" that lead to delays....but if you search LSN, every year there are delays. If your not a numbers superstar and Davis is your top choice be prepared that it might take a while.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Veritas wrote: oh cool.

I'm "awaiting evaluation"
Hmm.. I went complete on 11/7 but im still processing. Received on 10/16.

Maybe its because I did not include an LSAT Addendum which I emailed around 11/7. I hope i go under evaluation soon. :(

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Went complete. Dated Thursday 11/12. Davis was my last incomplete.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:18 pm

NayBoer wrote:Went complete. Dated Thursday 11/12. Davis was my last incomplete.
From what i can tell, there's actually 2 versions of being complete. I think you're not really complete until it says "under evaluation". Despite mine saying it was complete, they required my LSAT addendum.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Dman wrote:
superflush wrote:
Their excuse last year was "new software" that lead to delays....but if you search LSN, every year there are delays. If your not a numbers superstar and Davis is your top choice be prepared that it might take a while.
Unless they get "new software" every year, their trend of acceptances has always came pretty late.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:40 pm

Went complete via status checker.
Last edited by adonai on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:41 pm

finally im under evaluation!!!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:49 pm

finalaspects wrote:finally im under evaluation!!!
Was your previous status "awaiting evaluation"? Just checking to see if there's two phases. Good luck, wish you the best.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:51 pm

adonai wrote:
finalaspects wrote:finally im under evaluation!!!
Was your previous status "awaiting evaluation"? Just checking to see if there's two phases. Good luck, wish you the best.
No, there is a difference between having a complete date, and going under evaluation. Should take you less then a week or two to move on to evaluation.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 pm

superflush wrote:
AlanShore wrote:in for UC Davis
you mean you are applying to UC Davis? (I think you are confusing a lot of people with these comments)
oh sorry, i meant my app is in. still waiting to go complete.

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 pm

how long did it take you to get processed?

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Just curious how this year's Davis applicants feel about the tuition situation. Would any of you guys pass up Davis for, say McGeorge if offered a 3/4 scholly?

I'd probably stick with Davis anyway but just curious for other opinions.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 pm

swheat wrote:Just curious how this year's Davis applicants feel about the tuition situation. Would any of you guys pass up Davis for, say McGeorge if offered a 3/4 scholly?

I'd take Davis ticket over McGeorge full ride

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Inygma wrote:
swheat wrote:Just curious how this year's Davis applicants feel about the tuition situation. Would any of you guys pass up Davis for, say McGeorge if offered a 3/4 scholly?

I'm so concerned over the price. Your confidence is intriguing.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:

I'm so concerned over the price. Your confidence is intriguing.
I think I read somewhere McGeorge's median income is $70k MEDIAN, which is basically worthless info, when push comes to shove and everyone has to find jobs lower than what they are used to, where does that leave these grads? McD's?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm

No, but I might pass up Davis for elsewhere, being how extreme the tuition hikes are.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:47 pm

superflush wrote:
No, but I might pass up Davis for elsewhere, being how extreme the tuition hikes are.
Like where though? Everybody says its almost impossible to get back to CA if you didn't go to school here. I think WUSTL, maybe U Washington or U Arizona are the lowest schools you could reasonably hope to get back to CA out of.

I strongly considered large scholarships at USD and Loyola, but I as bad as I am freaking out about my grades right now, I can't even imagine how bad I'd be freaking if I knew I needed to be top 30% to keep those schollys.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:50 pm

swheat wrote:
superflush wrote:
Like where though? Everybody says its almost impossible to get back to CA if you didn't go to school here. I think WUSTL, maybe U Washington or U Arizona are the lowest schools you could reasonably hope to get back to CA out of.

I strongly considered large scholarships at USD and Loyola, but I as bad as I am freaking out about my grades right now, I can't even imagine how bad I'd be freaking if I knew I needed to be top 30% to keep those schollys.
I'm not from CA. I don't need to go back there. I'd be nice though.

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 pm

swheat wrote:
superflush wrote:

Are you currently attending Davis? How do you like it / Do you believe you made the right decision?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:54 pm

swheat wrote: I think WUSTL, maybe U Washington or U Arizona are the lowest schools you could reasonably hope to get back to CA out of.
GW, Notre Dame, Fordham

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:55 pm

superflush wrote:
swheat wrote: I think WUSTL, maybe U Washington or U Arizona are the lowest schools you could reasonably hope to get back to CA out of.
GW, Notre Dame, Fordham
Yeah those too. But I don't know that they would give you significantly better career prospects in CA than Davis. And they might not be cheaper either.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”