UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby zeth006 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 pm

ozarkhack wrote:Dang.

Kind of bittersweet, but I withdrew from Davis today. Hope one of you WLers gets my seat soon.

Hastings pulled me from the WL, and ultimately the lure of the city proved too much for fiance and I to pass up. Hastings' PICAP and finaid package helped, too.

Good luck to all.


Did Hastings offer more grants?

User avatar
ozarkhack
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:18 pm

zeth006 wrote:Did Hastings offer more grants?

Don't want to get too specific, lest I out myself. But, astoundingly, Hastings will be cheaper.

User avatar
haider
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby haider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

yo! wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:hey folks! quick financial aid question for those who filled out loans: how long did it take for the "promissory note" links to update to "satisfied" on your Grad Plus, Sub/Unsub loans? I filled mine out 3 days ago, but they're still at unsatisfied...just thought I'd check.
Also, anyone else staying at the Tennis Club apartments (Clearwater apartments) next year? I know a lot of students are at the Willows, but I'm hoping there'll be some law students where I'm living too!



Were they listed as being "unsatisfied" on the govt website?




no it looks like they went through fine on the gov't website, it's just the Davis site that lists them as unsatisfied. The other requirements took a couple days to update to satisfied, but since today is the deadline i just thought i'd check


Whew....glad this happened to someone else. I did them last night and while it would make sense for them to take a few processing days, it still made me nervous. I'm sending an email to financial aid just in case.


It says at the top of the page that they won't be updating that promisary notes until july 30h. I e-mailed to make sure that they knew about the deadline and the update thing and they said it was fine.

User avatar
haider
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby haider » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

PunjabiLower wrote:AHHHHHH I JUST GOT IN! 3.84,162

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!



Congrats!
Can I ask how you were notified? (e-mail, call, mail,?) Did you status checker change at all?

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 am

haider wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:AHHHHHH I JUST GOT IN! 3.84,162

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!



Congrats!
Can I ask how you were notified? (e-mail, call, mail,?) Did you status checker change at all?


hello sir.

email. My status checker has not updated and I have no information at all for admitted students. Nothing has come in the regular mail yet.

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby primusux » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
haider wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:AHHHHHH I JUST GOT IN! 3.84,162

19 years old..no work experience...graduated college in 2 years...I think I'm pretty immature compared to a regular law school applicant...but they are giving me a shot!



Congrats!
Can I ask how you were notified? (e-mail, call, mail,?) Did you status checker change at all?


hello sir.

email. My status checker has not updated and I have no information at all for admitted students. Nothing has come in the regular mail yet.


Admitted student information is on the website. Log in with the same info you used to check the status checker. You also pay your deposit there.

lalalaw07
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby lalalaw07 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Anyone with me and waiting until the last min to hopefully get accepted? Im guessing (more so hoping and praying) that with this last email sent out about reconfirmation means we may see some serious wl movement next week or as aug begins?

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby lateforthesky16 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am

anyone having trouble logging into the admitted student site? it's not letting me in and it says my email address 'can't be recognized.' Just curious if this is a system wide problem or if i should call tomorrow. thanks : )

User avatar
nonamebreakdown
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby nonamebreakdown » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:anyone having trouble logging into the admitted student site? it's not letting me in and it says my email address 'can't be recognized.' Just curious if this is a system wide problem or if i should call tomorrow. thanks : )


I had this problem last night too, but now it works. Was probably just maintenance or something..

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby J Burrito » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Weren't they supposed to send out and post a bunch of stuff last week about registration, intro week, and a couple other items? Did anyone receive this or find it on the admitted student site?

Thanks

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby J Burrito » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Spoke too soon, just saw Cristina's email. :)

Who else is getting excited?

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby primusux » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:31 pm

J Burrito wrote:Weren't they supposed to send out and post a bunch of stuff last week about registration, intro week, and a couple other items? Did anyone receive this or find it on the admitted student site?

Thanks


Check your spam email, it went out today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, hammy393, proteinshake and 20 guests