UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:20 pm

seems like my status finally changed to evaluation in progress... i hope thats a good sign.

anyone else have any movement?

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 pm

finalaspects wrote:seems like my status finally changed to evaluation in progress... i hope thats a good sign.

When did you notice the change? I've been "evaluation in progress" for over a month and a half now...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

finalaspects wrote:seems like my status finally changed to evaluation in progress... i hope thats a good sign.

I'm still "evaluation in progress".......for a while now

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Neelio wrote:

When did you notice the change? I've been "evaluation in progress" for over a month and a half now...

Not exactly sure when it changed... but i believe it wasn't in december... so sometime very recently

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:23 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Neelio wrote:

Not exactly sure when it changed... but i believe it wasn't in december... so sometime very recently

I'm glad to see some movement. Maybe there will be some decisions this month (pleasepleaseplease)

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Neelio wrote:

When did you submit?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm

jbaritot wrote:
When did you submit?

late oct... so its been a while...

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:25 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Neelio wrote:

Been "Eval in Progress" for a month or two now.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:29 pm

yea i don't know for those who have been in evaluation in progress for so long what the reason is...

someone did state that they needed unanimous votes to get accepted so that might be the reason? because it seems that at least one person was accepted to davis with damn good numbers? and he/she applied in early Nov.

so it seems like the process doesn't necessarily have to take over a month... i guess i'll find out if i take over a month as well

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm

if the first acceptances BEGIN to roll out in january, i would expect not to hear until late this month or into Feb or even March unless you are an auto admit

UC was already a massive bureaucracy before budget cuts and furlough days

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm

finalaspects wrote:yea i don't know for those who have been in evaluation in progress for so long what the reason is...

someone did state that they needed unanimous votes to get accepted so that might be the reason? because it seems that at least one person was accepted to davis with damn good numbers? and he/she applied in early Nov.

so it seems like the process doesn't necessarily have to take over a month... i guess i'll find out if i take over a month as well

I mentioned before, admissions office said there is no "usual" time from eval -> decision. Its different for all.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm

sdegarmo wrote:if the first acceptances BEGIN to roll out in january, i would expect not to hear until late this month or into Feb or even March unless you are an auto admit

UC was already a massive bureaucracy before budget cuts and furlough days

it began in december. and yes unless you get unanimous vote because your application was damn good or you have auto-admit numbers i think it'll be a while.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Inygma wrote:
finalaspects wrote:yea i don't know for those who have been in evaluation in progress for so long what the reason is...

I mentioned before, admissions office said there is no "usual" time from eval -> decision. Its different for all.

so for some it might take less then a week?

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

I've been complete, awaiting evaluation since 11/12 and my numbers are not high at all.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm

jmhendri wrote:I've been complete, awaiting evaluation since 11/12 and my numbers are not high at all.

last year, the first massive wave of acceptances, other then a few in dec and jan, did not start until at least February. and it seems to be mid to late February at that.

pretty much the avg time it takes seems to be about 2 months after completion. But i believe that 2 months does not really start until early January regardless of when you submitted except for those auto accepts.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

I went "Evaluation in Progress" sometime this afternoon.

I sent my app in mid-October. Then I asked 'em to hold up until after my December re-take. LSAC said they sent the score (electronically) yesterday.

Here's hoping.

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Just noticed that I went complete today, 1/5, with an application received date of 12/10. Still says "Processing in progress", though. Best of luck to everyone!

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:47 pm

A few more acceptances on LSN.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Inygma wrote:A few more acceptances on LSN.

seems like they were the acceptances in Dec but didn't bother updating. but they all have auto-accept numbers so yea...

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm listed as complete on all my apps that I sent in, does that "complete" change to "evaluation in progress" on the lsac website, or do I go somewhere else for that? Also will it list the schools I've been accepted to on the lsac website?

superflush

Postby superflush » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 pm

scolinos wrote:I'm listed as complete on all my apps that I sent in, does that "complete" change to "evaluation in progress" on the lsac website, or do I go somewhere else for that? Also will it list the schools I've been accepted to on the lsac website?

Each school has a different status checker, which is usually based on a simple LSAC system. (But there is no way to find all of your statuses at once without using a custom program) .. Although UC Davis seems to have a different status check system than other schools.

flowylime

Postby flowylime » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:14 pm

finally at evaluation in progress. complete mid november.

rufferoo

Postby rufferoo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 pm

flowylime wrote:finally at evaluation in progress. complete mid november.

hey flowylime.. when did yours go complete? I completed mine nov 25.. does that mean i still wont be evaluated for a while!!! :(((((

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 pm

rufferoo wrote:

hey flowylime.. when did yours go complete? I completed mine nov 25.. does that mean i still wont be evaluated for a while!!! :(((((

it seems to be completely random... people who went complete around the same time i did (late oct) all went into evaluation at different times. some in a week and some waited over a month.... i was one of those with "awaiting evaluation" for over a month before going into "evaluation in progress"

flowylime

Postby flowylime » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 pm

finalaspects wrote:
rufferoo wrote:

it seems to be completely random... people who went complete around the same time i did (late oct) all went into evaluation at different times. some in a week and some waited over a month.... i was one of those with "awaiting evaluation" for over a month before going into "evaluation in progress"

i went complete about november 15 and i had been awaiting evaluation until today. i do agree that it is random. hang in there! :)
Last edited by flowylime on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”