UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pre-law

Re: UC Davis

Postby pre-law » Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Surprised that my cycle has drawn out this long. EIP 6:03 PM (PST) 5/17/10

Bert

Postby Bert » Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Still with you.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Eip.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:33 pm

borderline insulting

totebags

Postby totebags » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

uwb09 wrote:[strike]borderline[/strike] insulting

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon May 17, 2010 10:07 pm

still EIP here

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm

eip

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:32 pm

totebags wrote:
uwb09 wrote:[strike]borderline[/strike] insulting

this

totebags

Postby totebags » Tue May 18, 2010 9:38 pm

You down with EIP? Yeah, you know me! Who's down with EIP? Every last homie!

Ugh, except I'm not down with EIP at all. I'm just pissed.

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Still with you.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Tue May 18, 2010 10:30 pm

totebags wrote:You down with EIP? Yeah, you know me! Who's down with EIP? Every last homie!

Ugh, except I'm not down with EIP at all. I'm just pissed.

+1

sccjnthn

Postby sccjnthn » Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Waitlisted today after withdrawing 3 months ago...

amb123

Postby amb123 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:59 am

I've talked to them multiple times, and they said that they are absolutely going to be accepting people off of the waitlist. However, they did say that they didn't know when.

For those that have called, what do you say when you call them? Every time I've called they've been very short, and I can't tell them who I am. They definitely aren't very encouraging... Unlike Hastings, who always ask my name, and are incredibly pleasant (I had a conversation with one guy who was telling me about the origin of my name!).

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed May 19, 2010 1:22 pm

sccjnthn wrote:Waitlisted today after withdrawing 3 months ago...

Hope their law school doesn't resemble their admissions process in any way...Davis' admission process is exemplary of California bureaucracy...illogical, inefficient and unfair.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed May 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Regionality wrote:

Hope their law school doesn't resemble their admissions process in any way...Davis' admission process is exemplary of California bureaucracy...illogical, inefficient and unfair.

other then being extremely slow in their process i find them to be much more responsive than majority of the other law schools.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed May 19, 2010 1:43 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Regionality wrote:

other then being extremely slow in their process i find them to be much more responsive than majority of the other law schools.

I don't. One can't access their website easily, they won't give out any admissions information over the phone because it's all "on their website" which often times is difficult to navigate, they require financial information about parents which is really unfair for grad school, they still haven't made decisions on people's initial applications (which goes far beyond just 'slow'), they have a so-called "comprehensive" admissions review process which is surprisingly still just by the numbers, they are short on the phone and so on. I was terribly unimpressed by their entire process.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Wed May 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Question for waitlist advice:
I am high gpa/ low lsat splitter, does anyone think (honest opinions) that the June LSAT would even help to get off the waitlist? I ask this because by the time the scores are released, it will be almost July 1st and then another couple weeks for the score to even arrive at Davis....Honest feedback would be really appreciated- I'm really set on going to UCD, but all of these delays and whatnot may prove a challenge. Thanks in advance

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Wed May 19, 2010 3:00 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Question for waitlist advice:
I am high gpa/ low lsat splitter, does anyone think (honest opinions) that the June LSAT would even help to get off the waitlist? I ask this because by the time the scores are released, it will be almost July 1st and then another couple weeks for the score to even arrive at Davis....Honest feedback would be really appreciated- I'm really set on going to UCD, but all of these delays and whatnot may prove a challenge. Thanks in advance

I'd think a higher LSAT would definitely help, especially a splitter like you, since Davis apparently takes students off the waitlist up until very near the start of instruction. A 1L I spoke with at ASD got in unexpectedly right before school started last year and had to move quickly from out of state. This of course was a major inconvenience but ultimately everything worked out very well. You could email them another LOCI/update immediately after getting your new score. I'd think an improved LSAT (probably at least a 3+ point increase) would demonstrate serious commitment to the school, especially compared to the fluff many applicants tend to put into their LOCIs.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:44 pm

drdolittle wrote:
lawschoolliberal wrote:Question for waitlist advice:

I'd think a higher LSAT would definitely help, especially a splitter like you, since Davis apparently takes students off the waitlist up until very near the start of instruction. A 1L I spoke with at ASD got in unexpectedly right before school started last year and had to move quickly from out of state. This of course was a major inconvenience but ultimately everything worked out very well. You could email them another LOCI/update immediately after getting your new score. I'd think an improved LSAT (probably at least a 3+ point increase) would demonstrate serious commitment to the school, especially compared to the fluff many applicants tend to put into their LOCIs.

Now them's is fighting words! :evil:

But yes, I agree. If you think June is kinda late...well...just remember that they ARE officially pulling from the WL until August 20th. :lol:

Keeping in that in mind, when're you guys planning to move to your safety schools? I've got USD down as my safety and I was hoping to move in by last week of June or early July? I live over in Orange County, so I'm debating driving back and forth and burning only gas just to go apartment-hunting in the afternoon or spending nights at shady motels while I look for apartments in the day.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Thank you both for the advice....
I definitely was thinking along the same lines- I mean if it was UCLA or Berkeley or a school that had a normal timeline, then I'd probably say it isn't worth the trouble since it wouldn't count for this cycle, BUT since it's Davis and we are all so aware of their use with time, I suppose it wouldnt hurt.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm

waitlisted today.... definitely withdrawing. Them taking this long turned me off from the school, so the last thing I wanna do is wait more.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Well I was finally dinged today thus mercifully bringing an end to my cycle. Thanks for making me wait until 5/19 for that Davis. The admissions process has been long and difficult and I'm honestly just glad that it's finally over.

I will say one thing though: There are law schools that do it right (professionally) and there are those that do it wrong. Forcing someone who paid your application fee to wait until nearly the second deposit deadline for a decision is decidedly wrong and unfair. I applied to 13 schools this cycle. 12 of them gave me a decision over TWO MONTHS AGO.

Thanks to those of you who made the wait more bearable. Best of luck to those who are still waiting. You'll find me at Villanova next year unless I see waitlist movement. Peace.

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 pm

BC, same here. I was finally dinged today closing out my cycle (excluding WL movement which I doubt). Generally speaking, waiting for this decision has been slow torture -- I don't think stringing me along since September is fair, but I guess that's life and this is me being bitter about it. Anyway, it has been a pleasure and thank you all for making the torture more tolerable. Unless my upcoming trip to NOLA changes my mind about Tulane and NOLA in general, I will be at AU next year.

Best wishes to all of you in your legal career.
Last edited by Bert on Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

totebags

Postby totebags » Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 pm

W-w-w-w-w-w-waitlisted. Never thought I'd see the day.

Probably withdrawing.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 pm

dinged

finally over, off to santa clara, peace out cub scouts

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”