UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pre-law

Re: UC Davis

Postby pre-law » Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 pm

uwb09 wrote:--ImageRemoved--

EIP Still

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 pm

pre-law wrote:
pegleg wrote:waitlist -_-

Pegleg, where you headed for law school?

SD or Loyola.

pre-law

Postby pre-law » Wed May 12, 2010 9:07 pm

pegleg wrote:
pre-law wrote:

SD or Loyola.

Did SD have any strings attached to their scholarship offer? I had the same 22k top 30% offer from Loyola

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:07 pm

pre-law wrote:

Say USD...say USD...say USD...

:lol:

star10

Postby star10 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 pm

rejected.

oh well, at least my 4.5 months of EIP hell is over.

Applied in late Oct./complete mid Nov/EIP Jan 5.

FML...

well I guess it's either McGeorge or retake at this point.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 pm

zeth006 wrote:

Welcome to the club.

This time I'm definitely not holding my breath. Neither my GPA nor my LSAT are above Davis' 75%, odds are slim to none. If I ever transfer to a T-10 I will look back on these days and lol.

This will be the last I have to do with TLS! Thank you Davis thread friends for helping to relieve some of the chronic anxiety this murderous wait has inflicted on all of us.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 pm

pre-law wrote:
pegleg wrote:
pre-law wrote:

SD or Loyola.

Did SD have any strings attached to their scholarship offer? I had the same 22k top 30% offer from Loyola

SD had no strings attached. As long as I stay alive and upright in my classes (2.0 GPA) it's guaranteed.

foosh

Postby foosh » Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 pm

star10 wrote:rejected.

oh well, at least my 4.5 months of EIP hell is over.

Applied in late Oct./complete mid Nov/EIP Jan 5.

FML...

well I guess it's either McGeorge or retake at this point.

sorry to hear that =/ what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:13 pm

zeth006 wrote:
pre-law wrote:

:mrgreen: are you on the Loyola waitlist too?

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm

pegleg wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
pre-law wrote:

:mrgreen: are you on the Loyola waitlist too?

Nah.

It's funny! I got a 15k/yr from Loyola with that cursed top 30% stipulation. I blew them off and sent in my deposit for USD. Problem with USD is the 23k grant I got is non-renewable, which means I'll have to fight tooth and nail for any "endowed scholarships."

EDIT: Now I'm left wondering whether I made the right decision. I chose USD partly because Google maps shows that commuting to LA would've been at least 30-40 minutes without traffic. I like SD and I didn't relish the prospect of commuting for 1-2 hours just to get to Loyola the freeways can be harsh in the morning. But now that I think about it, I may have shot myself in the foot.
Last edited by zeth006 on Wed May 12, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

swiard

Postby swiard » Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Finally a decision made...Rejected 3.6/163

Wasn't exactly surprised, but I'm glad I can stop checking that damn status checker lol. While I'm still waiting for Loyola's letter to come in the mail, my cycle is finally over.

Thanks for a fun thread

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Wed May 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Last edited by PunjabiLower on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:i need to get off this wailist...SO BADLY... a lot is at stake for me right now.

Relax, man! It's not the end of the world! You have every right in the world to worry, but in some situations, you're best off taking a few steps back before taking that big leap forward. At your age, you have plenty of time to kill on LSAT prepping so you can get that 170+.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 pm

zeth006 wrote:
Nah.

It's funny! I got a 15k/yr from Loyola with that cursed top 30% stipulation. I blew them off and sent in my deposit for USD. Problem with USD is the 23k grant I got is non-renewable, which means I'll have to fight tooth and nail for any "endowed scholarships."

Yeah that bitch is non-renewable. There are a bunch of scholarships that you can apply to as a continuing student. If you are amongst the top 15 students you get 100% of your 2L and 90% of your 3L comped.

Of course if we get into the top 15, it'd be peace out SD hello Boalt.

See you in SD (probably)!

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Wed May 12, 2010 9:25 pm

zeth006 wrote:Nah.

EDIT: Now I'm left wondering whether I made the right decision. I chose USD partly because Google maps shows that commuting to LA would've been at least 30-40 minutes without traffic. I like SD and I didn't relish the prospect of commuting for 1-2 hours just to get to Loyola the freeways can be harsh in the morning. But now that I think about it, I may have shot myself in the foot.

I don't think you shot yourself in the foot. SD and Loyola are equivalent ranking wise. Do well at either school and your career and transferring prospects are probably equal. And now... now you learn to surf!

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Eip

Looks like we had a number of decisions today albeit w negative news. Given the influx of negative results, it's not looking good for the rest of us. Best of luck those of you who got bad news today.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:28 pm

pegleg wrote:
zeth006 wrote:Nah.

I don't think you shot yourself in the foot. SD and Loyola are equivalent ranking wise. Do well at either school and your career and transferring prospects are probably equal. And now... now you learn to surf!

Well, I DID take a beginner surfing class at UCSD during my last semester there. If I can find a class at USD or even UCSD to relearn and improve, that might not be such a bad idea. I haven't grown at all so my wetsuit should still fit. :mrgreen:

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed May 12, 2010 9:29 pm

EIP still.

primusux

Postby primusux » Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:i need to get off this wailist...SO BADLY... a lot is at stake for me right now.

What exactly is at stake here? Aren't you the 19 year old kid that has the VAST majority of his life ahead of him? I'm confused....

cyberPUNK

Postby cyberPUNK » Wed May 12, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm guessing he's got strict parents who are pressuring him.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 pm

primusux wrote:

What exactly is at stake here? Aren't you the 19 year old kid that has the VAST majority of his life ahead of him? I'm confused....

As the idiot I am, I was quite sure I would get into davis or hastings. I fooled around my last year and my gpa will fall from a 3.84 to a 3.67ish. I will also get my first "C" in college. It's quite disappointing. It's a huge drop and I don't want to send the grades. I've worked really hard for a 3.84 and I don't want it to fall. I guess I'm a GPA whore.

And if I don't get off the waitlist at davis or BU...I'll have to wait 1-2 years just to take the LSAT again. Although I'm not worried about me getting older, I'm just worried how much better I can really do on the LSAT. At this point, there seems no benefit from waiting(numbers wise).

vijemi

Postby vijemi » Thu May 13, 2010 12:45 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
primusux wrote:

As the idiot I am, I was quite sure I would get into davis or hastings. I fooled around my last year and my gpa will fall from a 3.84 to a 3.67ish. I will also get my first "C" in college. It's quite disappointing. It's a huge drop and I don't want to send the grades. I've worked really hard for a 3.84 and I don't want it to fall. I guess I'm a GPA whore.

And if I don't get off the waitlist at davis or BU...I'll have to wait 1-2 years just to take the LSAT again. Although I'm not worried about me getting older, I'm just worried how much better I can really do on the LSAT. At this point, there seems no benefit from waiting(numbers wise).

Don't know when you applied but even with at 3.67 and 162 (iirc that was your LSAT) you still have a decent chance of getting into Davis if you apply early next year, if not you definitely still have a great shot at a good number of top 50 schools. There are far worse situations to be in, so don't get down.

AMon2010

Postby AMon2010 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 am

waitlisted... I'm riding this waitlist but it looks like I'll start making arrangements for Ohio State...

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Thu May 13, 2010 2:41 am

ozarkhack wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Waitlisted today. Serious reverse splitter! Good luck to all those waiting.

I saw that you tossed aside Hastings pretty quickly after they pulled you off the WL there. Davis more your thing?

Hastings gave a Tuesday deadline...I'm actually waiting a year and reapplying with a new LSAT score.
Last edited by hellokitty on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberPUNK

Postby cyberPUNK » Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 am

Denied. Headed to Santa Clara, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”