UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DoctorNick189

Re: UC Davis

Postby DoctorNick189 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Any idea how Davis handles huge splitters? 2.99/176. Still in the "processing in progress" phase.

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Oban wrote:UC Davis and Hastings both take a long time for everything, just check out LSN.

Not always true...I was accepted to Hastings less than a month after going complete.

Davis is much slower in my experience.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:54 pm

swheat wrote:Not always true...I was accepted to Hastings less than a month after going complete.

Davis is much slower in my experience.

Seems like it depends on when you apply. Early letters went out by the end of January. It takes about a month only if you applied around or after December. Any earlier, people have to wait til end of January to get their responses, and depending if you're on the border lines or not.

This is from what i gathered in law school numbers for last year's admissions.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:Any idea how Davis handles huge splitters? 2.99/176. Still in the "processing in progress" phase.

http://www.hourumd.com/?school=University%20of%20California%20Davis&gpa=2.8-3.05&lsat=168-180&cycle=sort

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 pm

NayBoer wrote:
DoctorNick189 wrote:Any idea how Davis handles huge splitters? 2.99/176. Still in the "processing in progress" phase.

http://www.hourumd.com/?school=University%20of%20California%20Davis&gpa=2.8-3.05&lsat=168-180&cycle=sort

Awesome site, thanks

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Complete as of 11/12

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:30 pm

3.88/165- complete as of 10/28- think I'll get in?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Neelio wrote:3.88/165- complete as of 10/28- think I'll get in?

lol yes. Unless you murdered someone.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:26 pm

Anyone have the same problem as I do?

On my status page it says "in progress"

However on my documents received page it does have a complete date...

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:31 pm

finalaspects wrote:Anyone have the same problem as I do?

On my status page it says "in progress"

However on my documents received page it does have a complete date...

I'm not sure what you're asking...

As explained on the site, you're application will be "in progress" until it is "complete." While it is "in progress," many documents in your application will list as "missing." All this means is that your application is not complete yet (it doesn't actually mean your app materials are missing).

Once you are "complete," there should be nothing in the "missing documents" list. If there is, you have a problem.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 pm

ViP wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking...

As explained on the site, you're application will be "in progress" until it is "complete." While it is "in progress," many documents in your application will list as "missing." All this means is that your application is not complete yet (it doesn't actually mean your app materials are missing).

Once you are "complete," there should be nothing in the "missing documents" list. If there is, you have a problem.

I'm asking exactly what i stated, so re-read what i said.

Under the "Your Status" page - it says "Current Status: Application Received – Processing in Progress"

However, if i click on the Documents Received Page it says "Application Complete Date: 11/7/2009" as well as stating my application received date.

There is nothing under Documents missing, although there is a little box but nothing is written next to it.

So it states that I am still being processed, but at the same time saying that I am complete. I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue as I.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:01 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Under the "Your Status" page - it says "Current Status: Application Received – Processing in Progress"

However, if i click on the Documents Received Page it says "Application Complete Date: 11/7/2009" as well as stating my application received date.

There is nothing under Documents missing, although there is a little box but nothing is written next to it.

So it states that I am still being processed, but at the same time saying that I am complete. I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue as I.

I was going to respond, but you're not being very nice.

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:

It sounds like you're complete and you have nothing to worry about.

However, I would email the admissions committee just in case.

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I was going to respond, but you're not being very nice.

Hahaha, +1

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Veritas wrote:I was going to respond, but you're not being very nice.

haha i apologize if i seemed rude. It was just that I already read what you posted on that status check itself. So it seemed redundant and the fact that you assumed that I did not read it when i already have kind of seemed like you were not being nice yourself.

But yes i do apologize, and work has been stressful today so please accept my apology.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:22 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:I was going to respond, but you're not being very nice.

haha i apologize if i seemed rude. It was just that I already read what you posted on that status check itself. So it seemed redundant and the fact that you assumed that I did not read it when i already have kind of seemed like you were not being nice yourself.

But yes i do apologize, and work has been stressful today so please accept my apology.

:lol: thanks, and no worries.

Mine is the same way, I think the processing just means review. Or, it's just not all up to date. The fact that many people went complete yesterday tells me that we are all complete and that the system might just be behind.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote: :lol: thanks, and no worries.

Mine is the same way, I think the processing just means review. Or, it's just not all up to date. The fact that many people went complete yesterday tells me that we are all complete and that the system might just be behind.

by the way... what was your LSAT score the first time around? Did it improve by more then 5 points and did you have to write an LSAT addendum for Davis?

When i first turned in my app to Davis, I did not write an addendum, but they emailed me asking for one. I took the LSAT 3 times though. 156 159 and finally to a 168. I thought maybe the jump might speak for itself but i guess they wanted a reason.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:35 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote: :lol: thanks, and no worries.

by the way... what was your LSAT score the first time around? Did it improve by more then 5 points and did you have to write an LSAT addendum for Davis?

When i first turned in my app to Davis, I did not write an addendum, but they emailed me asking for one. I took the LSAT 3 times though. 156 159 and finally to a 168. I thought maybe the jump might speak for itself but i guess they wanted a reason.

yea, I had a 13 point jump and included an addendum to ALL my schools.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Veritas wrote:yea, I had a 13 point jump and included an addendum to ALL my schools.

What did you state as your primary reason if you don't mind me asking?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:36 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:yea, I had a 13 point jump and included an addendum to ALL my schools.

What did you state as your primary reason if you don't mind me asking?

PMed you.

mjapplying

Postby mjapplying » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Evaluation- 11/9

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:11 pm

mjapplying wrote:Evaluation- 11/9

"awaiting evaluation" or "under evaluation" ?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:30 am

mjapplying wrote:Evaluation- 11/9

I'm curious as well. Are you just complete or does it say that you're under evaluation? If so, what are your stats and when did you go complete?

Mr.Feeny

Postby Mr.Feeny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:40 am

my status is "evaluation in progress"--i applied 10/1, complete 10/27

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:54 am

Mr.Feeny wrote:my status is "evaluation in progress"--i applied 10/1, complete 10/27

oh cool.

I'm "awaiting evaluation"

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”