UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
frecklesmclean0002
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby frecklesmclean0002 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Waitlisted!! Thats a big WOO HOO with my numbers! May not work out in the end but I gotta love Davis for taking a chance on a reverse splitter like me 8)

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 pm

frecklesmclean0002 wrote:Waitlisted!! Thats a big WOO HOO with my numbers! May not work out in the end but I gotta love Davis for taking a chance on a reverse splitter like me 8)

Stats?

Lotta WL's. :( I've got a bad feeling about this week.

User avatar
Island Girl
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Island Girl » Tue May 04, 2010 1:23 am

Still under evaluation. :?

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 am

PunjabiLower wrote:NOOOO! I got waitlisted. 3.84,162

davis was my last hope.


Last hope for law school? No acceptable backups?

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby bceagles182 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 am

uwb09 wrote:
pegleg wrote:In this topsy turvy chaotic world of ours, at least I can always rely on being "evaluation in progress" at Davis.

+1

ugh


+25

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby bceagles182 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:31 am

missinglink wrote:
frecklesmclean0002 wrote:Waitlisted!! Thats a big WOO HOO with my numbers! May not work out in the end but I gotta love Davis for taking a chance on a reverse splitter like me 8)

Stats?

Lotta WL's. :( I've got a bad feeling about this week.


Looks like 155, 3.7 URM

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/frecklesmclean0002

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby zeth006 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:25 pm

pegleg wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:NOOOO! I got waitlisted. 3.84,162

davis was my last hope.


Last hope for law school? No acceptable backups?


He's really young. Only 19. At his age, he's still got plenty of time to

1. Party like it's 1999,

2. Get laid, and

3. Spend a few months on getting that 170


Once he's done steps 1-3, he can repeat steps 1 and 2 while he waits for replies from T14. No seriously!

User avatar
drdolittle
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby drdolittle » Tue May 04, 2010 2:37 pm

zeth006 wrote:
pegleg wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:NOOOO! I got waitlisted. 3.84,162

davis was my last hope.


Last hope for law school? No acceptable backups?


He's really young. Only 19. At his age, he's still got plenty of time to

1. Party like it's 1999,

2. Get laid, and

3. Spend a few months on getting that 170


Once he's done steps 1-3, he can repeat steps 1 and 2 while he waits for replies from T14. No seriously!


Surprised he wasn't outright rejected because of age.

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

zeth006 wrote:
pegleg wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:NOOOO! I got waitlisted. 3.84,162

davis was my last hope.


Last hope for law school? No acceptable backups?


He's really young. Only 19. At his age, he's still got plenty of time to

1. Party like it's 1999,

2. Get laid, and

3. Spend a few months on getting that 170


Once he's done steps 1-3, he can repeat steps 1 and 2 while he waits for replies from T14. No seriously!


Srsly PunjabiLower, if this is true you will be FINE. I so regret not studying harder for the LSAT but I slap dashed it and paid the piper.

If you don't get into Davis on this try and get that LSAT up for a future law school attempt, you will be in far better shape than any of us are now.

vijemi
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby vijemi » Tue May 04, 2010 3:35 pm

I am really shocked that I haven't been rejected yet, my #'s are much worse than the rest of you who are getting WL'd. Hopefully we'll all know what the decision is by the end of the week.

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby PunjabiLower » Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 pm

pegleg wrote:
zeth006 wrote:
pegleg wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:NOOOO! I got waitlisted. 3.84,162

davis was my last hope.


Last hope for law school? No acceptable backups?


He's really young. Only 19. At his age, he's still got plenty of time to

1. Party like it's 1999,

2. Get laid, and

3. Spend a few months on getting that 170


Once he's done steps 1-3, he can repeat steps 1 and 2 while he waits for replies from T14. No seriously!


Srsly PunjabiLower, if this is true you will be FINE. I so regret not studying harder for the LSAT but I slap dashed it and paid the piper.

If you don't get into Davis on this try and get that LSAT up for a future law school attempt, you will be in far better shape than any of us are now.


Yeah too bad I've taken the LSAT 3 times and will have to wait 2 more years to take it again. My folks aren't so happy about that. And there's no guarantee I'll actually raise my LSAT score. On top of that, my grades this year are horrible and will drop my gpa to about 3.69. I haven't send in my last year grades and I was really hoping not to. GAHHHH

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Tue May 04, 2010 4:05 pm

I know other people have suggested this in your other thread, but apply for some LSAT waivers. They're pretty easy to get. Start emailing schools that either rejected you or wait-listed you, tell them you would really like to attend next cycle, and explain your LSAT situation.

You have to decide, though, if you think you can really improve. Even a 165 would do you a world of difference. Did you give it your all when prepping last time? Did you practice and study nearly every LSAT question in existence? If not, then take it again. Plus, you'll be a bit older, which should help you with the schools that may have been reticent because of your age.

I know for me, I seriously underperformed on my LSAT, due to lack of sleep. I ended up with a 163 despite averaging 170 in prep, so I'm signed up for this June to deal with my Hastings WL and (expected) Davis WL. If it's too late, I'm confident I'll be able to pull a better score and reapply next year. Think about it, it's only one year, and where you go to school will make a difference for the many years after graduation. I wouldn't settle if you think you can do better.

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Tue May 04, 2010 4:07 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:Yeah too bad I've taken the LSAT 3 times and will have to wait 2 more years to take it again. My folks aren't so happy about that. And there's no guarantee I'll actually raise my LSAT score. On top of that, my grades this year are horrible and will drop my gpa to about 3.69. I haven't send in my last year grades and I was really hoping not to. GAHHHH


If thou desireth the supple and loving embrace of a T-1 law school, then use thy power to turn these bummer circumstances into an epic triumph of mind over logical reasoning!

Nah seriously, it looks like you have a couple of years to mature and think about if law school is what you really want. If it is, maybe you should work with an LSAT tutor for a year or something cray cray. Good luck regardless.

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Tue May 04, 2010 4:14 pm

vijemi wrote:I am really shocked that I haven't been rejected yet, my #'s are much worse than the rest of you who are getting WL'd. Hopefully we'll all know what the decision is by the end of the week.


I remember when, in my sweet, naive and youthful folly, I'd think thoughts like, "hopefully we'll all know what the decision is by the end of the week."

In time you too will come to harden your heart against those whimsical fantasies :evil: .

lawschoolliberal
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue May 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Has anybody been pulled off any other waitlists from other schools?....I'm just curious as to the earliest when schools start to use them.....

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby uwb09 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Has anybody been pulled off any other waitlists from other schools?....I'm just curious as to the earliest when schools start to use them.....

i know of other schools already pulling off waitlists

frecklesmclean0002
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby frecklesmclean0002 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 pm

bceagles182 wrote:
missinglink wrote:
frecklesmclean0002 wrote:Waitlisted!! Thats a big WOO HOO with my numbers! May not work out in the end but I gotta love Davis for taking a chance on a reverse splitter like me 8)

Stats?

Lotta WL's. :( I've got a bad feeling about this week.


Looks like 155, 3.7 URM

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/frecklesmclean0002


Nice. Good stalking saves me the trouble of responding :P

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby PunjabiLower » Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm

When is the second deposit due by? Maybe there is a chance I'll get off the waitlist.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:When is the second deposit due by? Maybe there is a chance I'll get off the waitlist.


davis seems to use the waitlist a little more then other schools. also it seems like most are splitters and reverse splitters who get taken off the list. so as long as you can beat their median/75% in either LSAT or GPA you should have a good chance.

however they are not done giving out decisions are they? because we need to wait 2-3 weeks after the last decision to go out, before they start looking at waitlists. early june im guessing.

edit: i think its july 1st for the 2nd deposit which is pretty damn late...- found here: http://www.applyingtoschool.com/forms/U ... sions.aspx

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby PunjabiLower » Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm

3.84, 162 would be considered a reverse splitter?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Tue May 04, 2010 6:52 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:3.84, 162 would be considered a reverse splitter?


yes. unless 162 is davis' median? being a splitter differs in each schools since in harvard 4.0/168 might be a splitter since 168 is so low to them.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby bceagles182 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Score Percentiles
Offers 25th 50th 75th
GPA 3.41 3.62 3.78
LSAT 162 164 167

http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/prospective/ ... ofile.html

Yes; 162, 3.82 would be a reverse splitter. 162 = 25th %, 3.82 > 75% at Davis; Personally, I'm at 25% for both so I'm screwed.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby uwb09 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:27 pm

30 minutes, hopefully davis can find it in their heart to officially put me out of my misery and end my cycle

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby primusux » Tue May 04, 2010 8:53 pm

good luck folks!

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby RSN_M3 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:54 pm

...
Last edited by RSN_M3 on Thu May 13, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, cyclawps, malysh, sre08, studyingeveryday, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests