UC Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
missinglink

Silver

Re: UC Davis

Post by missinglink » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Tempted to call the office, and inquire about the reality of any spots every being available???? ...this waiting is killing me!
I've been thinking about that too. I'd like to get a realistic assessment from someone in the know.

If you end up calling, let us know what they say. I wouldn't want too many of us to inundate the office with calls at this point.

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

I thought that we would definitely have a decision by 4/30, Friday.

Is this not the case?

Regardless, I am going to keep hoping. If I keep telling myself that I've probably been rejected, that's what exactly I'll get. Staying positive is what's keeping me sane.

GL everyone!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:48 pm

missinglink wrote:
lawschoolliberal wrote:Tempted to call the office, and inquire about the reality of any spots every being available???? ...this waiting is killing me!
I've been thinking about that too. I'd like to get a realistic assessment from someone in the know.

If you end up calling, let us know what they say. I wouldn't want too many of us to inundate the office with calls at this point.
Having seen how they react to calls about status recently I STRONGLY advise against this. If you feel you must call, block your caller ID with *67 and don't use any specific info to yourself.

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm

primusux wrote:
missinglink wrote:

Having seen how they react to calls about status recently I STRONGLY advise against this. If you feel you must call, block your caller ID with *67 and don't use any specific info to yourself.
How have they been reacting? I haven't heard anything about this...

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pm

phoenix323 wrote:I thought that we would definitely have a decision by 4/30, Friday.

Is this not the case?

Regardless, I am going to keep hoping. If I keep telling myself that I've probably been rejected, that's what exactly I'll get. Staying positive is what's keeping me sane.

GL everyone!
+1 for the positivity! I'm still waiting on Davis and three other schools, and I've decided to harness every ounce of positive energy I can possibly come up with. Let's think of it this way: they could have easily rejected us all by now if they wanted to. But they haven't, so that says something. Good luck to everyone - sending positive thoughts all around!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:21 pm

phoenix323 wrote:How have they been reacting? I haven't heard anything about this...
It was something I saw during a visit. I'm not going to go into details. I'm just going to say it was less than a positive reaction from what I overheard.

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Just ask a friend to call from a pay phone.

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:38 pm

I called and left my name with the woman who answered. Two weeks later I had my decision. Not saying my phone call is the reason why, but it can't be that bad...

Island Girl

Bronze

Post by Island Girl » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:39 pm

CAHopeful wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:I thought that we would definitely have a decision by 4/30, Friday.

Is this not the case?

GL everyone!
+1 for the positivity! I'm still waiting on Davis and three other schools, and I've decided to harness every ounce of positive energy I can possibly come up with. Let's think of it this way: they could have easily rejected us all by now if they wanted to. But they haven't, so that says something. Good luck to everyone - sending positive thoughts all around!
yes... channeling positive thoughts and feelings... hummmmm... Davis should start investing in floor pillows for us folks :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:45 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:I called and left my name with the woman who answered. Two weeks later I had my decision. Not saying my phone call is the reason why, but it can't be that bad...
What was the decision you received?

14yearplan

New

Post by 14yearplan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Bert wrote:
nonamebreakdown wrote:I called and left my name with the woman who answered. Two weeks later I had my decision. Not saying my phone call is the reason why, but it can't be that bad...
What was the decision you received?
Click "Profile," then click link to LSN... "Accepted"

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:59 pm

What was the gist of the message you left?

StyrofoamWar

Bronze

Post by StyrofoamWar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Dear UC Davis,

I have a 3.5/165. I've been Eval in progress since before CHRISTMAS, application complete since before Halloween. I've already paid my deposits elsewhere, started looking at apartments in other cities near those schools, etc. 7+ months to come to a decision on a <10 page application? Really Davis?! At this point, you're just embarrassing yourself. I have seen 0 other schools display this kind of incompetence at efficiently handling the application process..."going electronic" is no excuse. Figure your shit out.

Respectfully,
No longer interested

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:Dear UC Davis,

I have a 3.5/165. I've been Eval in progress since before CHRISTMAS, application complete since before Halloween. I've already paid my deposits elsewhere, started looking at apartments in other cities near those schools, etc. 7+ months to come to a decision on a <10 page application? Really Davis?! At this point, you're just embarrassing yourself. I have seen 0 other schools display this kind of incompetence at efficiently handling the application process..."going electronic" is no excuse. Figure your shit out.

Respectfully,
No longer interested
This is the kind of stuff they need to see. You should email a more polite version of this in a "withdrawing my application" type email to them. Of course, it would blow if you were about to be admitted this week.

nonamebreakdown

New

Post by nonamebreakdown » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:13 pm

pegleg wrote:

"First deposits for other schools I've been admitted to are coming up. Any chance I'll have a decision by April x?"
"We expect to have most decisions out by the end of the month, but if you'd like I can take down your name and let the dean know that you have other deadlines to meet."
"Sure, that would be great."

I didn't have my decision until after the date I specified and can't say for sure whether my phone call helped, but it didn't hurt, either. At this point, though, I'm not sure that calling will be of any use. I would imagine that they're doing their best to have the rest of their decisions out asap.

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:Just checked my status. Under the "Your Status" page it says Application Received – Processing in Progress.

But under the "Documents Received" page it says Application Complete Date: 11/7/2009.

From what I've seen in Law School Numbers... only those with either high LSATs or High GPAs seem to have gone complete.
I don't have a high lsat or GPA and I've been complete since early Feb.

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:
pegleg wrote:

"First deposits for other schools I've been admitted to are coming up. Any chance I'll have a decision by April x?"
"We expect to have most decisions out by the end of the month, but if you'd like I can take down your name and let the dean know that you have other deadlines to meet."
"Sure, that would be great."

I didn't have my decision until after the date I specified and can't say for sure whether my phone call helped, but it didn't hurt, either. At this point, though, I'm not sure that calling will be of any use. I would imagine that they're doing their best to have the rest of their decisions out asap.
Yehhh definitely not calling like a neglected girlfriend at this point, but I was still curious about how it went down for you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:48 pm

pegleg wrote:
finalaspects wrote:Just checked my status. Under the "Your Status" page it says Application Received – Processing in Progress.

But under the "Documents Received" page it says Application Complete Date: 11/7/2009.

From what I've seen in Law School Numbers... only those with either high LSATs or High GPAs seem to have gone complete.
I don't have a high lsat or GPA and I've been complete since early Feb.
Same here.

lawschoolliberal

New

Post by lawschoolliberal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Good point, if I call this afternoon, I probably will not give my name just because I already sent a LOCI.

Side note: About a month ago, I called after I got waitlisted to make sure they received my response (of course it took forever for the status checker to update) and at first when the lady thought I was calling to find out my decision- she was irritated and said to wait til 4/30
But everyone has their bad days :shock:

lawschoolliberal

New

Post by lawschoolliberal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Also, just wanted to say being on the waitlist makes me feel like I need therapy for all this anxiety!! Seriously though, in limbo is now the norm

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 pm

I hate saying this...but I think they'll just wait to send out rejections on the very last few days...IE Thursday and Friday... I just want to call it first. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pegleg

Bronze

Post by pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:34 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:I hate saying this...but I think they'll just wait to send out rejections on the very last few days...IE Thursday and Friday... I just want to call it first. :(
We have been singing this mournful tune for days. You want in on the sing-along? OH ya put the right foot in, ya put the right foot out, ya put the right foot in, and wait 5 fucking months to find out.

Edited to add: --LinkRemoved--
Last edited by pegleg on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phoenix323

Bronze

Post by phoenix323 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:34 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:I hate saying this...but I think they'll just wait to send out rejections on the very last few days...IE Thursday and Friday... I just want to call it first. :(

You're hardly the first, but thanks.

I'm staying positive with the 5 other folks in the Davis thread who still believe in miracles... :D lol!

calgal17

Bronze

Post by calgal17 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

All of the anxiety on this thread could power the city of Davis for a week! :wink:

pomfiend

New

Post by pomfiend » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:40 pm

phoenix323 wrote:

You're hardly the first, but thanks.

I'm staying positive with the 5 other folks in the Davis thread who still believe in miracles... :D lol!
I am with you, Phoenix! I am going to stay positive until I receive the decision. I feel that there must be some reason why some of us have been waiting so long - I just have a hard time believing they've held our applications for 3+ months just to reject us in the end. It could happen, but it really wouldn't make sense.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”