UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mazzini
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby mazzini » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 pm

phoenix323 wrote:I sent a preemptive LOCI. Hope I didn't hurt my chances. :cry:

There's no way that hurts your chances... unless it was poorly written.

cali gal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm

phoenix323 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:Wouldn't it be lovely if they took a look at all of us faithful TLS Davis thread posters and said, "Hey, these people REALLY wanna go to Davis. Let's admit 'em all."

*Dreaming of King Hall...*


Haha. I'd even sit on the floor to attend classes if they don't have enough space for lil' ol' me. :|


I am so with you on that. I go to UCD as an UG right now and sometimes I walk over to King Hall and stare at it longingly. :oops:


I used to do that all the time when I was still at Davis.

User avatar
Island Girl
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:13 pm

cali gal wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:Wouldn't it be lovely if they took a look at all of us faithful TLS Davis thread posters and said, "Hey, these people REALLY wanna go to Davis. Let's admit 'em all."

*Dreaming of King Hall...*


Haha. I'd even sit on the floor to attend classes if they don't have enough space for lil' ol' me. :|


I am so with you on that. I go to UCD as an UG right now and sometimes I walk over to King Hall and stare at it longingly. :oops:


I used to do that all the time when I was still at Davis.


There ya go Davis, our sweet. 3 people willing to pay sticker to go cowboy in your classes. :D

User avatar
Great Satchmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Great Satchmo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Island Girl wrote:There ya go Davis, our sweet. 3 people willing to pay sticker to go cowboy in your classes. :D


Add me to that list.

WL -> accepted as overflow (floor) student.

....it may have a certain ring to it...

pomfiend
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby pomfiend » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
Island Girl wrote:There ya go Davis, our sweet. 3 people willing to pay sticker to go cowboy in your classes. :D


Add me to that list.


+1

I'd happily do that if that was the only way I could attend.

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Island Girl wrote:There ya go Davis, our sweet. 3 people willing to pay sticker to go cowboy in your classes. :D


+1,000,000

And I love the overflow thing.

"So where are you going to law school?"

"Oh, didn't you hear? I was accepted as an Overflow student. It's very exclusive" :wink:

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 pm

The magic hour approaches...

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:01 pm

OH LOLLERCATS. Still eval in progress.

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:01 pm

pegleg wrote:OH LOLLERCATS. Still eval in progress.


Me too.

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:03 pm

I only barely believe my application is going to be read at this point. I think it's sitting along with 300 others in a pile that will be auto waitlisted or rejected on Friday.

pomfiend
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby pomfiend » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Still in evaluation. :|

rodewan
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby rodewan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 pm

pegleg wrote:I only barely believe my application is going to be read at this point. I think it's sitting along with 300 others in a pile that will be auto waitlisted or rejected on Friday.


same here, its the bitter truth =(

User avatar
JDO
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby JDO » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:21 pm

... Just reading the forum before checking my status... Also, I did drive by King Hall the other day, very slowly.

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm trying to imagine what the hold up is. Is there another deposit deadline after the 15th?

Optimism is fading, so I'm looking for a sliver of hope at this point. :)

Per LSN, the last acceptances have only been given out to people who identify as URM.

http://davis.lawschoolnumbers.com/appli ... order=desc

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby PunjabiLower » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 am

You know....it seems that most people who are still waiting on this thread don't have very strong numbers...

3.0,163
2.9,163
3.5,159...etc.

I think they might send out their rejections soon...I mean they haven't rejected many people yet. Look at the LSN graph. This is pure speculation. Then again, I'm a 3.84,162 and I'm still waiting :/

k77
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby k77 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 am

PunjabiLower wrote:You know....it seems that most people who are still waiting on this thread don't have very strong numbers...

3.0,163
2.9,163
3.5,159...etc.

I think they might send out their rejections soon...I mean they haven't rejected many people yet. Look at the LSN graph. This is pure speculation. Then again, I'm a 3.84,162 and I'm still waiting :/


Hi, new to the thread :)
I'm still waiting w/ a 166/3.57 :/ WHYYY DAVIS WHYYY?

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 am

PunjabiLower wrote:You know....it seems that most people who are still waiting on this thread don't have very strong numbers...

3.0,163
2.9,163
3.5,159...etc.

I think they might send out their rejections soon...I mean they haven't rejected many people yet. Look at the LSN graph. This is pure speculation. Then again, I'm a 3.84,162 and I'm still waiting :/


Don't forget 3.4, 164, which is neither good nor bad, which ends up being bad. REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.

cyberPUNK
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:33 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby cyberPUNK » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 am

i'd stop worrying about it, whatever happens happens. all this speculation is really all just a poor attempt to make ourselves feel better about our current situation. if we just assume we've been rejected, it's a lot easier to deal with the situation.

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 am

k77 wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:You know....it seems that most people who are still waiting on this thread don't have very strong numbers...

3.0,163
2.9,163
3.5,159...etc.

I think they might send out their rejections soon...I mean they haven't rejected many people yet. Look at the LSN graph. This is pure speculation. Then again, I'm a 3.84,162 and I'm still waiting :/


Hi, new to the thread :)
I'm still waiting w/ a 166/3.57 :/ WHYYY DAVIS WHYYY?


According to LSN those are golden numbers for Davis. When did you go complete? Any murders or prior arrests on your record? What gives?

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby bceagles182 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

162, 3.4. Anyone else notice that there are no decisions on LSN on any 162s between 3.2 and 3.9 :?

Also has anyone called them and asked when we should expect to hear by?
Last edited by bceagles182 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
charcop
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby charcop » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 am

cyberPUNK wrote:i'd stop worrying about it, whatever happens happens. all this speculation is really all just a poor attempt to make ourselves feel better about our current situation. if we just assume we've been rejected, it's a lot easier to deal with the situation.


+1

pegleg
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby pegleg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 am

cyberPUNK wrote:i'd stop worrying about it, whatever happens happens. all this speculation is really all just a poor attempt to make ourselves feel better about our current situation. if we just assume we've been rejected, it's a lot easier to deal with the situation.


Ameliorating my tender heart with baseless conjecture on TLS is awesome and weirdly therapeutic.

Until the EVAL IN PROGRESS LOLLERCAUST ends with my inevitable waitlist/rejection on Friday, I shall be here, steadfastly worrying with the rest of you.

This is peg, signing off... for like maybe another hour or two.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:53 am

pegleg wrote:
cyberPUNK wrote:i'd stop worrying about it, whatever happens happens. all this speculation is really all just a poor attempt to make ourselves feel better about our current situation. if we just assume we've been rejected, it's a lot easier to deal with the situation.


Ameliorating my tender heart with baseless conjecture on TLS is awesome and weirdly therapeutic.

Until the EVAL IN PROGRESS LOLLERCAUST ends with my inevitable waitlist/rejection on Friday, I shall be here, steadfastly worrying with the rest of you.

This is peg, signing off... for like maybe another hour or two.


LOLLERCAUST...haha I love that! Good luck everyone! You should all go to King Hall and chain yourselves to the front doors and demand a decision 8)

star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby star10 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Don't give me any ideas yo! hahahah

lawschoolliberal
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby lawschoolliberal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Tempted to call the office, and inquire about the reality of any spots every being available???? ...this waiting is killing me!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Kimmysradscreenname and 6 guests