UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
drdolittle

Re: UC Davis

Postby drdolittle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:03 pm

missinglink wrote:
JDO wrote:Many questions...

... and so few answers.

Around these parts we trade in baseless speculation, so feel free to jump in. 8)

+1. I'd expect this year's increase in apps to slow the review process down a bit, but I don't think it'd change the number of apps admitted & waitlisted. Davis takes its time with these decisions so there's less need for them to preemptively load these pools, unlike many other schools where all admit/WL decisions have been made already.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 pm

pegleg wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
pegleg wrote:...Those below and above the extremes of thsoe GPAs and LSATs seem largely to have been rejected or accepted by now.

What about those who are above and below the GPA and LSAT extremes but who haven't been rejected or accepted by now? :?

Are you both or one or the other? If you are below the GPA but above the LSAT they either haven't read your application yet or have and are holding you while they compare you against others. If you are above the gpa but below the LSAT similar story may apply, though in the latter case I see on LSN that many with lowish LSATs for Davis (sub 163) have been rejected by now, even with higher GPAs.

This is all nonsensical conjecture. Who really knows.

I think this is right. I'm a typical splitter and it still says I'm awaiting eval.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 pm

quadsixm wrote:
pegleg wrote:
Island Girl wrote:
pegleg wrote:...Those below and above the extremes of thsoe GPAs and LSATs seem largely to have been rejected or accepted by now.

What about those who are above and below the GPA and LSAT extremes but who haven't been rejected or accepted by now? :?

Are you both or one or the other? If you are below the GPA but above the LSAT they either haven't read your application yet or have and are holding you while they compare you against others. If you are above the gpa but below the LSAT similar story may apply, though in the latter case I see on LSN that many with lowish LSATs for Davis (sub 163) have been rejected by now, even with higher GPAs.

I think this is right. I'm a typical splitter and it still says I'm awaiting eval.

When did you go complete quad?

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:26 pm

pegleg wrote:
Island Girl wrote:

Oh I see. I'm a reverse splitter. Low LSAT, high GPA. Haven't heard anything since I went under eval in early January. I'm still keeping my hopes up though. I'd be very happy to stay close to the Bay Area.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

pegleg wrote:
When did you go complete quad?

Complete on 1/10. A little later than the rest of my apps, but UC Davis is the only school I haven't heard back from.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:43 pm

I hope there is massive movement before Friday. I'm feeling a good vibe for TODAY! -_-

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Island Girl wrote:
pegleg wrote:
Island Girl wrote:

Oh I see. I'm a reverse splitter. Low LSAT, high GPA. Haven't heard anything since I went under eval in early January. I'm still keeping my hopes up though. I'd be very happy to stay close to the Bay Area.

I went complete later in January with numbers right in the mushy middle. Maybe both of us will hear this week.

I would love to be in the bay area and was status checking in a frothing craze every day, but now I have a healthy scholarship at So-Cal school so I will live even if Davis doesn't want my sweet and tender lovin'. I just, you know, WANT TO KNOW.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:00 pm

pegleg wrote:I went complete later in January with numbers right in the mushy middle. Maybe both of us will hear this week.

I would love to be in the bay area and was status checking in a frothing craze every day, but now I have a healthy scholarship at So-Cal school so I will live even if Davis doesn't want my sweet and tender lovin'. I just, you know, WANT TO KNOW.

God I'm so jealous of you right now. Haha. But with my LSAT score, there was no way the schools I was aiming for would've offered me scholarships. But I know exactly how you feel about ... just wanting to know. :| It would be nice knowing where I'm going to end up living in the next three years.

Edit: deleted and edited for quote fail

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Island Girl wrote:
pegleg wrote:I went complete later in January with numbers right in the mushy middle. Maybe both of us will hear this week.

God I'm so jealous of you right now. Haha. But with my LSAT score, there was no way the schools I was aiming for would've offered me scholarships. But I know exactly how you feel about ... just wanting to know. :| It would be nice knowing where I'm going to end up living in the next three years.

Edit: deleted and edited for quote fail

I have a similar sort of pang because I really, really wanted to end up at a T-1... and I won't if Davis spurns me. However, we have to play the cards that we are dealt.

Anyway enough with the negativity. It's not over till the fat lady issues an admissions' decision :P!

primusux

Postby primusux » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:40 pm

pegleg wrote: till the fat lady issues an admissions' decision :P!

Oh no, you didn't..... ;)

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 pm

primusux wrote:

Dean Pinkney, if you are reading this, I meant the Opera metaphor and not your fine self 8) ILU BB

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:27 pm

pegleg wrote:
primusux wrote:

Dean Pinkney, if you are reading this, I meant the Opera metaphor and not your fine self 8) ILU BB

:lol: you guys

cyberPUNK

Postby cyberPUNK » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:43 pm

163. 3.0 uc undergrad here...seems a lot of us that applied awhile back are being held up, i like to think that's a good thing.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Waitlisters- Question: How long do you plan on waiting this out? Or shall I say, what is your personal deadline?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Waitlisters- Question: How long do you plan on waiting this out? Or shall I say, what is your personal deadline?

long as it takes. i want to attend davis so i'll wait until the last second.

SpyderWishbone

Postby SpyderWishbone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:23 pm

finalaspects wrote:
lawschoolliberal wrote:Waitlisters- Question: How long do you plan on waiting this out? Or shall I say, what is your personal deadline?

long as it takes. i want to attend davis so i'll wait until the last second.

Ditto, Hoping I hear something in June. Well, unless USC accepts me lol. Probably unlikely at this point. It was a long shot either way but there is hope. I went IR again yesterday. *Fingers Crossed*

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Davis is my first choice, so I will wait it out until the first day of classes.

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:41 pm

cyberPUNK wrote:163. 3.0 uc undergrad here...seems a lot of us that applied awhile back are being held up, i like to think that's a good thing.

In a very similar boat to you. 2.9X, 163, years of great work experience, and killer LORs. Been complete since November.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:53 pm

cali gal wrote:

Davis is my first choice, so I will wait it out until the first day of classes.

See, I'm going with a more hard-line approach:

I'd attend Davis NO LATER than 2nd semester finals at another school.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Davis is my first choice too, unfortunately though I can't wait past July for financial reasons....

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Wouldn't it be lovely if they took a look at all of us faithful TLS Davis thread posters and said, "Hey, these people REALLY wanna go to Davis. Let's admit 'em all."

*Dreaming of King Hall...*

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:41 pm

phoenix323 wrote:Wouldn't it be lovely if they took a look at all of us faithful TLS Davis thread posters and said, "Hey, these people REALLY wanna go to Davis. Let's admit 'em all."

Haha. I'd even sit on the floor to attend classes if they don't have enough space for lil' ol' me. :|

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 pm

They should admit us all! ...I guess that's why it's impt to send LOCI though, so they know which waitlisters are serious about attending if selected. ......Too bad they don't allow interviews, that's when you could bring out the charm and swagger

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Island Girl wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:Wouldn't it be lovely if they took a look at all of us faithful TLS Davis thread posters and said, "Hey, these people REALLY wanna go to Davis. Let's admit 'em all."

Haha. I'd even sit on the floor to attend classes if they don't have enough space for lil' ol' me. :|

I am so with you on that. I go to UCD as an UG right now and sometimes I walk over to King Hall and stare at it longingly. :oops:

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:They should admit us all! ...I guess that's why it's impt to send LOCI though, so they know which waitlisters are serious about attending if selected. ......Too bad they don't allow interviews, that's when you could bring out the charm and swagger

I sent a preemptive LOCI. Hope I didn't hurt my chances. :cry:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”