UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pomfiend

Re: UC Davis

Postby pomfiend » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 pm

phoenix323 wrote:Still "Evaluation in Progress"

Still hoping though. :)

I admire your optimism. I'm trying to keep the hope alive but with each passing day it gets that much harder.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 pm

pomfiend wrote:
phoenix323 wrote:Still "Evaluation in Progress"

Still hoping though. :)

I admire your optimism. I'm trying to keep the hope alive but with each passing day it gets that much harder.

So true.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 am

Still "awaiting evaluation." :?

Thinking about sending a pre-emptive LOCI. Is that a good idea, or will it delay processing of my application even more?

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 am

quadsixm wrote:Still "awaiting evaluation." :?

Thinking about sending a pre-emptive LOCI. Is that a good idea, or will it delay processing of my application even more?

I think it will probably make no difference one way or another.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 am

pegleg wrote:
quadsixm wrote:Still "awaiting evaluation." :?

I think it will probably make no difference one way or another.

+1

Don't think the preemptive LOCI will move this process any quicker.

Postby 20160810 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 am

For those of you on the WL, do not write a LOCI. Instead, xerox your genitals, write your LSAC number on the back of the paige, and mail that in.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:48 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:For those of you on the WL, do not write a LOCI. Instead, xerox your genitals, write your LSAC number on the back of the paige, and mail that in.

You think a fax would be fine, or should it be sent priority mail? The latter might look more professional.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:17 am

PunjabiLower wrote:I think they might just send out dings and WL at this point..don't they wait till the very last minute to send out rejections(like most schools) or is this situation different?

I disagree with this. People get admitted in May, or even in June, w/o having been WL'd. It feels like that's going to happen to a lot of students at a lot of schools this year.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:10 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:For those of you on the WL, do not write a LOCI. Instead, xerox your genitals, write your LSAC number on the back of the paige, and mail that in.

Always full of so much fun. :lol:

HungryHippo

Postby HungryHippo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:52 am

How bout a full color banner.... I could put it up in the admissions office. :shock:

cyberPUNK

Postby cyberPUNK » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:28 am

I don't think a mere picture will suffice. If you're really committed, you'll pull a Van Gogh and simply cut it off and send it to 'em.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:36 am

cyberPUNK wrote:I don't think a mere picture will suffice. If you're really committed, you'll pull a Van Gogh and simply cut it off and send it to 'em.

I will fed-ex them my pinkey, with the note: "A Pinkey for Pinkney: please consider this a token of my unwavering resolve to enroll in Davis Law."

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm

This morning I heard that there are 10,000 students on undergrad waitlists for the UC system this cycle- While this is undergrad (including all UC campuses), obviously I know the UCD School of Law has a much smaller waitlist but still, I think UCD waitlisted so many more people this yr than previous yrs, ....again this is speculation but probably not too off, thus only making my anxiety worse, but I can't help it!

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 pm

And honestly, I think I'd rather be rejected than have no chance of getting off the WL, but then again, I guess it's random who they pull off?

JDO

Postby JDO » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:09 pm

What's going on in the office of admissions? Are they still reviewing our apps? Will the evaluation in progress apps be admitted before a waitlisted app? And, ... Is it a good thing to still be eval in progress?

Many questions...

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:16 pm

JDO wrote:Many questions...

... and so few answers.

Around these parts we trade in baseless speculation, so feel free to jump in. 8)

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 pm

I think that those apps undergoing evaluation are definitely going to be reviewed before waitlisted apps- it's only fair, and it seems the logical route....I am sort of in awe that they still are reviewing apps so late in the game- it doesn't seem all that courteous to applicants

star10

Postby star10 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 pm

I applied in October, went into eval Jan 5th and still no decision. Trying really hard to stay patient but it's difficult!

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:41 pm

star10 wrote:I applied in October, went into eval Jan 5th and still no decision. Trying really hard to stay patient but it's difficult!

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Anecdotally the people I see who've been eval in progress the longest are usually between 3.2-3.4 in GPA and/or 162-165 in LSAT. Those below and above the extremes of those GPAs and LSATs seem largely to have been rejected, accepted or WL'd by now.

*edited* for grammer n'spelleniz
Last edited by pegleg on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm

star10 wrote:I applied in October, went into eval Jan 5th and still no decision. Trying really hard to stay patient but it's difficult!

I know exactly what you mean. I already deposited at Loyola LA so as not to lose my seat. But when you think about it, if and when (I'm hoping it's the latter) we receive an acceptance, it'll all be worth it. Please please please Davis! Make it worth the wait!!! :|

star10

Postby star10 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm

3.5X (UC undergrad) and 159. Probably not an admit, but I'm hoping for a waitlist. I don't really know what to expect anymore. On one hand, I hope they are keeping me around because someone saw some glimmer of promise in my app...buuuut on the other (pessimistic) hand, I feel like they might just be waiting to send out mass rejections.

I really have no idea and it's really stressing me out!

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:46 pm

pegleg wrote:...Those below and above the extremes of thsoe GPAs and LSATs seem largely to have been rejected or accepted by now.

What about those who are above and below the GPA and LSAT extremes but who haven't been rejected or accepted by now? :?

charcop

Postby charcop » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm

pegleg wrote:

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Anecdotally the people I see who've been eval in progress the longest are usually between 3.2-3.4 in GPA and/or 162-165 in LSAT. Those below and above the extremes of those GPAs and LSATs seem largely to have been rejected, accepted or WL'd by now.

*edited* for grammer n'spelleniz

Good observation 8) , I'm a 3.1/163 UC undergrad. Applied in October

STPaulTennis

Postby STPaulTennis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm

I agree that it is late in the game - As many are perhaps aware, consider several factors with the longer/delayed timeframe this year:

• Davis has historically been a little slower with reviewing applications (per LSN in previous cycles).

• Per information at ASD, Davis received a 22% increase in applications this year, but still has the same staffing levels as previous years. Other schools that are perhaps accustomed to a higher volume of applications are better able to handle the increase. (IE - schools that receive about 4000 applicants annually can handle smaller percentage increases more efficiently because they already have a higher staffing level - compared to UCD which receives about 2000 to 2500 applications).

• UCD really does review the entire application, which naturally increases the workload and time involved, hence increasing the delay that many feel is perhaps unwarranted - (this compared to a school that spends 3 or 4 minutes per applicant).

• They are probably trying to figure out what implications the increase in rankings will have on their yield this year, so as to not over-enroll.

Just my two cents – but hopefully everyone will hear this week.

Cheers –

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Island Girl wrote:
pegleg wrote:...Those below and above the extremes of thsoe GPAs and LSATs seem largely to have been rejected or accepted by now.

What about those who are above and below the GPA and LSAT extremes but who haven't been rejected or accepted by now? :?

Are you both or one or the other? If you are below the GPA but above the LSAT they either haven't read your application yet or have and are holding you while they compare you against others. If you are above the gpa but below the LSAT similar story may apply, though in the latter case I see on LSN that many with lowish LSATs for Davis (sub 163) have been rejected by now, even with higher GPAs.

This is all nonsensical conjecture. Who really knows.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”