UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:36 pm

hellolen wrote:question to all you UCD waitlisters: How are you sending your LOCI? I know they have gone paperless so I dont want to mail them an LOCI and piss them off. Are you emailing it regularly, or as an attachment- word or pdf, or are you all just mailing it? And if as an attachment, what are you guys putting in the body of the regular email? just "attached, please find..." or an actual formal message? mines ready to go, i just dont know how i should get it to them =/

i would do all of it. email with the letter in the body of the email, and attach it as both .doc/.docx and pdf. state that they are all the same and to save or print out only one of it.

im waiting until May to send out my LOCI though since they're not done with applicants yet.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I can't imagine they'll be pulling from the waitlist next week, especially with so many people seemingly still waiting for regular decisions.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm

missinglink wrote:I can't imagine they'll be pulling from the waitlist next week, especially with so many people seemingly still waiting for regular decisions.

yea id imagine end of may at the earliest. which is why im holding off in sending my LOCI until mid-may at the earliest.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Yeah, I doubt they will also, it's just wishful thinking....I was looking at last year's threads, and I think a couple people were pulled off waitlist May 15-20, but this year is unpredictable

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:46 pm

But also, as a side note, shouldn't the admissions office have an idea by next week how many spots they may have available??....

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:But also, as a side note, shouldn't the admissions office have an idea by next week how many spots they may have available??....

well technically yes since that's the deposit deadline. but i believe like all schools davis is behind so they will need more time to sort through all the data and make decisions for the rest.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:19 pm

I would hope for a decision by the end of this week.

At the very least, a mass email to those of us still waiting would be helpful. Some other schools that I applied to did similar things, letting us know what was going on with admissions.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Do you all think that most of us can expect a decision this week? I would like to think so, but I just went into Eval. 4/12 and I know there are several TLSers that have been in Eval. since Dec./Jan. and I think they definitely deserve some news either way.

In other words, do you think us late evals. will have a chance to be evaluated soon?

In other news, I met someone today who was recently accepted. I was super congratulatory, but inside I was insanely jealous...lol.
Last edited by phoenix323 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Yes. 4/30 is the last day that applications are reviewed and hence, all final decisions will be made that day- If you're accepted or waitlisted, then it will show up on your status checker, but if rejected nothing will change- you'll have to wait for snail mail. After 4/30, there are no more decisions/ evaluations

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:35 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Yes. 4/30 is the last day that applications are reviewed and hence, all final decisions will be made that day- If you're accepted or waitlisted, then it will show up on your status checker, but if rejected nothing will change- you'll have to wait for snail mail. After 4/30, there are no more decisions/ evaluations

Where did you find out that 4/30 is the last day for applications to be reviewed?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:36 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Yes. 4/30 is the last day that applications are reviewed and hence, all final decisions will be made that day- If you're accepted or waitlisted, then it will show up on your status checker, but if rejected nothing will change- you'll have to wait for snail mail. After 4/30, there are no more decisions/ evaluations

Oh, wow! I did not know that. Thanks!

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 pm

On their Admissions FAQ, it says they make decisions through the month of April....and last month when I called their office (before I heard back), they said I would hear no later than 4/30 as that is their last day to make decisions on applications.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks.

I'm fully expecting a WL by the end of the week, then. This is going to be a long summer.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Does this mean that our applications will receive less time/careful attention than others who were reviewed earlier since they are under a strict time constraint?

I hope not! I want them to look at my softs! lol! And my LOCI!

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 pm

I think they might just send out dings and WL at this point..don't they wait till the very last minute to send out rejections(like most schools) or is this situation different?

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm

phoenix323 wrote:Does this mean that our applications will receive less time/careful attention than others who were reviewed earlier since they are under a strict time constraint?

I hope not! I want them to look at my softs! lol! And my LOCI!

I read somewhere that Pinkey sets her iphone timer to 4 minutes, and that's all the time she spends on an application.

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks for the info. Where did you hear that they only mail out rejections? Have they been doing that all along? I was under the impression that all decisions were available via the status checker.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:I think they might just send out dings and WL at this point..don't they wait till the very last minute to send out rejections(like most schools) or is this situation different?

*sigh* :cry:

I'm still keeping hope though!!!

SpyderWishbone

Postby SpyderWishbone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Waitlisted... :(

If I can get off the waitlist it's still my #1 choice. Now it's time to send my deposit to Hastings; $500 ouch! :shock:. Anybody know when they make decisions on WL candidates?

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Guessing by how many of us have been waitlisted, I'm assuming this is going to be like UCLA's waitlist, where basically it's a rejection, but just "feels better" ...... With so many people on the waitlist, I'm guessing odds are against us? IDK - anybody have an estimate to the size of the waitlist?

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:17 pm

pomfiend wrote:

Thanks for the info. Where did you hear that they only mail out rejections? Have they been doing that all along? I was under the impression that all decisions were available via the status checker.

I was wondering the same thing....

I hope they have room to admit more people. It's just troublesome that they are going to hastily decide on applications due to a deadline. If they didn't have the appropriate resources to fully consider everyone before that date, they should have moved up the application deadline. Ugh, I'm just frustrated.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Another day another eval in progress :? .

Criminy, Davis, it's bad form to keep applicants waiting to hear after deposits are due for many other law schools. Please start the wholesale review of apps in November if starting in January results in wait times like this!

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 pm

So the April 30th deadline means that everyone who receives accepts and dings via snail mail on or after that date will be put out of their misery. Does this mean everyone else who receives wait-lists on the 30th will just have their suffering prolonged indefinitely?

wrifegjk545

Postby wrifegjk545 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

To be honest, I wasn't surprised I got waitlisted since it's so late in the cycle. I'm guessing Davis filled at least 80% of their expected incoming class of ~180, so most admits this late in the cycle would probably be used to increase their medians for GPA/LSAT (splitters). It'd only hurt their yield rate to accept too many of us now and possibly have too many students matriculate. I'm sure enough of us Berkeley students have accepted their offers already....gotta pull from the other regions too for the sake of 'diversity'.

With that being said, my softs weren't 'amazing' so I'm guessing anyone with my #s who received an admitted decision on 4/22 or later had better softs than I did. Good luck to those still waiting.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Still "Evaluation in Progress"

Still hoping though. :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”