UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cyberPUNK

Re: UC Davis

Postby cyberPUNK » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Hmm...are all of us still waiting from out-of-state? I'm thinking maybe since tuition would be higher for out-of-state students, they don't want to outright reject us in case it turns out they need more funds. With the current UC budget crisis, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. I realize it only amounts to a few extra thousand in the end for the school, but a possibility nonetheless...Any thoughts? I'm from out-of-state if that helps, anyone else?

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:39 pm

cyberPUNK wrote:Hmm...are all of us still waiting from out-of-state? I'm thinking maybe since tuition would be higher for out-of-state students, they don't want to outright reject us in case it turns out they need more funds. With the current UC budget crisis, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. I realize it only amounts to a few extra thousand in the end for the school, but a possibility nonetheless...Any thoughts? I'm from out-of-state if that helps, anyone else?

Not sure. But I am still waiting as a CA resident and a current UCD undergrad.

cyberPUNK

Postby cyberPUNK » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:41 pm

^ haha, never mind then. when did you go complete? i did around beginning of dec.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:53 pm

cyberPUNK wrote:Hmm...are all of us still waiting from out-of-state? I'm thinking maybe since tuition would be higher for out-of-state students, they don't want to outright reject us in case it turns out they need more funds. With the current UC budget crisis, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. I realize it only amounts to a few extra thousand in the end for the school, but a possibility nonetheless...Any thoughts? I'm from out-of-state if that helps, anyone else?

In state CA here too.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:03 pm

pegleg wrote:

In state CA here too.

Same here. In-state.

lawlife2010

Postby lawlife2010 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:10 pm

pegleg wrote:
missinglink wrote:
wrifegjk545 wrote:LOL waitlisted with 164/3.61.

Wow. :shock:

I'm screwed.

Ditto.

Don't be too worried. I got in a few weeks ago with the same numbers.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm

lawlife2010 wrote:
pegleg wrote:
missinglink wrote:
wrifegjk545 wrote:LOL waitlisted with 164/3.61.

Wow. :shock:

I'm screwed.

Ditto.

Don't be too worried. I got in a few weeks ago with the same numbers.

I guess there is something to be said for 'soft' factors as an explanation for why some people with similar numbers are WLed and other are admits.

It's largely a numbers game, but we do tend to overlook the other 1% some times.

cyberPUNK

Postby cyberPUNK » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Haha, judging from the responses my theory seems to be wrong. Oh well, good luck to all! We're going to need it.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:03 am

Can someone please help me understand what I'm supposed to do with the financial aid page? I've submitted my first deposit, but I want to wait a few weeks (3 weeks or so) to see how a couple waitlists I'm on turn out. Is there anything I need to do to secure my financial aid before then, or am I safe waiting a few weeks? My financial aid package basically consists of a small grant and loans. When I go to the financial aid page, I click on the "continue" link, then the "No, I do not have resources to declare" link. After that, there's a waiver-type page that has a button saying "I accept" at the bottom. Basically, I don't want to click "I accept" if it means I'm accepting the package, but might not attend (I plan to attend, but I think my chances of getting off the waitlists are fairly strong). The financial aid page says to just have all documents submitted by July, but I don't see any other deadline for accepting the package. Think I'm safe waiting, and not taking any action for the next 3-4 weeks? Thanks for any advice :) If nobody knows I will just call Monday!

angela

Postby angela » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:08 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:Can someone please help me understand what I'm supposed to do with the financial aid page? I've submitted my first deposit, but I want to wait a few weeks (3 weeks or so) to see how a couple waitlists I'm on turn out. Is there anything I need to do to secure my financial aid before then, or am I safe waiting a few weeks? My financial aid package basically consists of a small grant and loans. When I go to the financial aid page, I click on the "continue" link, then the "No, I do not have resources to declare" link. After that, there's a waiver-type page that has a button saying "I accept" at the bottom. Basically, I don't want to click "I accept" if it means I'm accepting the package, but might not attend (I plan to attend, but I think my chances of getting off the waitlists are fairly strong). The financial aid page says to just have all documents submitted by July, but I don't see any other deadline for accepting the package. Think I'm safe waiting, and not taking any action for the next 3-4 weeks? Thanks for any advice :) If nobody knows I will just call Monday!

as far as what i understood form that page, we cannot actually accept any financial aid until we pay the second deposit, or more specifically until after june.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 am

cyberPUNK wrote:^ haha, never mind then. when did you go complete? i did around beginning of dec.

I went complete 2/5 and unfortunately I didn't go into evaluation until 4/12. So I really don't know when I might expect a decision.

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Out of state and still waiting...

mle0918

Postby mle0918 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:48 pm

WLed 163 3.45, letter dated 4/22.

yo!

Postby yo! » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 pm

mle0918 wrote:WLed 163 3.45, letter dated 4/22.

Are you going to Lewis & Clark MLE?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:12 pm

hellokitty wrote:

Out of state and still waiting...

In state still waiting ...

I'd like to think there was a method to the madness. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be tied to in state / out of state status.

Although, if it weren't so easy to establish residency, I could see a cynical motivation to try to admit more out-of-state applicants. :lol:

historyholly

Postby historyholly » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 am

I am from out of state and I am still waiting as well. My deposits for my other school are due on May 1st and I think it is kind of messed up of Davis to take so long to let people know. I have another week before my deposit is due for Hastings and I am thinking I will just commit there, regardless of knowing about Davis or not. At least Hastings made an effort to let me know with enough time to make a good decision and I was able to go the their accepted student day. If Davis doesn't want me, I wish they would just tell me already. :(

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 am

mle0918 wrote:WLed 163 3.45, letter dated 4/22.

I really feel like I might be screwed, looking at the numbers of people who were waitlisted. There is little love at Davis for sub 3.5 GPA's this year :(

My deposit at my back-up school is due Friday; I hope I know my fate at Davis before then.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 am

historyholly wrote:If Davis doesn't want me, I wish they would just tell me already. :(

agree. My deposits were due 4/15 so I'm already out $250

haider

Postby haider » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:Can someone please help me understand what I'm supposed to do with the financial aid page? I've submitted my first deposit, but I want to wait a few weeks (3 weeks or so) to see how a couple waitlists I'm on turn out. Is there anything I need to do to secure my financial aid before then, or am I safe waiting a few weeks? My financial aid package basically consists of a small grant and loans. When I go to the financial aid page, I click on the "continue" link, then the "No, I do not have resources to declare" link. After that, there's a waiver-type page that has a button saying "I accept" at the bottom. Basically, I don't want to click "I accept" if it means I'm accepting the package, but might not attend (I plan to attend, but I think my chances of getting off the waitlists are fairly strong). The financial aid page says to just have all documents submitted by July, but I don't see any other deadline for accepting the package. Think I'm safe waiting, and not taking any action for the next 3-4 weeks? Thanks for any advice :) If nobody knows I will just call Monday!

That "accept" button just means that you accept the waiver, not the financial aid package. So just click accept and then you'll get to a page with the details of your financial aid package. :D

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:50 pm

UCD waitlisters- what are you all doing to get off?...I sent a LOCI a few weeks ago w/ updated job info and personal reasons for choosing UCD, but what else does is a student to do??...Are you sending in another LOR? Will that actually help? I'm stuck on what else to do....Also, I was thinking of taking the June LSAT, but not even sure if that will dramatically increase the chances of getting off?....It's gonna be a long May and rest of summer :( ...high gpa/ low lsat here, so hopeless

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:20 pm

bceagles182 wrote:
historyholly wrote:If Davis doesn't want me, I wish they would just tell me already. :(

I am so jealous of everyone that only had to pay $250. I know we'd all rather pay nothing, but I had to dish out $500 to one school. This sucks!

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:22 pm

NervousInKC wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:

I am so jealous of everyone that only had to pay $250. I know we'd all rather pay nothing, but I had to dish out $500 to one school. This sucks!

What is the school?

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:42 pm

pegleg wrote:
NervousInKC wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:

What is the school?

Two of my safeties: Seton Hall and Northeastern both required $500 deposits. I never seriously considered either though.

hellolen

Postby hellolen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

question to all you UCD waitlisters: How are you sending your LOCI? I know they have gone paperless so I dont want to mail them an LOCI and piss them off. Are you emailing it regularly, or as an attachment- word or pdf, or are you all just mailing it? And if as an attachment, what are you guys putting in the body of the regular email? just "attached, please find..." or an actual formal message? mines ready to go, i just dont know how i should get it to them =/

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:34 pm

I mailed mine- I wanted them to have a hard copy and since I don't know who organizes their emails or anything I wasn't sure what would happen to it....I hope I didn't anger them though by using paper....I really hope they start using the waitlist next weeeeek.....seriously though, I think 99% of all other law schools have ended their admissions cycle

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”