UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
missinglink

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:IN!!!!!!

Congrats!

Do you mind sharing your stats? You can PM if you want. :)

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 pm

still evaluation in progress...noooooo

nonamebreakdown

Postby nonamebreakdown » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 pm

missinglink wrote:

Congrats!

3.7/160ish. Complete 2/8, eval in progress 3/12.

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Still eval in progress. :cry:

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:31 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:
missinglink wrote:

Congrats!

3.7/160ish. Complete 2/8, eval in progress 3/12.

How much of an "ish" is it?

I have a 3.6/160 and what I think is a set of interesting softs.

Oh well, I get to update Davis about my new job (better than last), my new part time job (interesting for the line of interest), and the manuscript I'm coauthor for.

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Congrats to all who got in this wave.

Starting to think that my file fell behind a cabinet, or was accidentally left in the trunk of somebody's car, who knows. Really wish I knew how he is doing out there.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:36 pm

jman77 wrote:
amb123 wrote:I spoke with somebody from admissions earlier this week, and they said that they will definitely be pulling from the waitlist, but they won't be starting until after May 1st.

LOL, they haven't even started reviewing my application yet. Still awaiting evaluation.

+1

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Eh..I'm just happy they are accepting people after April 15th...there's still hope.

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 pm

quadsixm wrote:
jman77 wrote:
amb123 wrote:I spoke with somebody from admissions earlier this week, and they said that they will definitely be pulling from the waitlist, but they won't be starting until after May 1st.

LOL, they haven't even started reviewing my application yet. Still awaiting evaluation.

+1

At least I'm not alone. I don't understand how they know that they "will definitely be pulling from the waitlist" when there are so many of us who legitimately want to go but who have not yet heard back.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:Eh..I'm just happy they are accepting people after April 15th...there's still hope.

Right on. It gives me some measure of hope.

I feel like tomorrow will be a good day.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 pm

So those of us who haven't received notice are clearly in a better position than those who've been rejected already for now. But whether we're in a better or worse position than those wait-listed is unclear. You'd think that wait-listed people are prioritized over us, but there have been plenty of people who've been accepted without having been WL'ed.

crm

Postby crm » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 am

waitlisted...withdrawn. It's Ok, I'm stoked on Ohio State anyway! Good Luck everyone else still waiting!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:29 am

zeth006 wrote:So those of us who haven't received notice are clearly in a better position than those who've been rejected already for now. But whether we're in a better or worse position than those wait-listed is unclear. You'd think that wait-listed people are prioritized over us, but there have been plenty of people who've been accepted without having been WL'ed.

How's that? They possibly haven't even looked at our apps. I would argue that somebody who gets rejected after a full 6 months of waiting is worse off than somebody who received a prompt rejection.

HungryHippo

Postby HungryHippo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:35 am

LOL I got an e-mail from UC Davis. You know how on G-mail, they show you the first few words of the e-mail contents.

When I read, " First, let me apologize.....", my heart stopped.

Anyways, it was just a letter apologizing for using a "one size fits all e-mail" concerning my e-mail to UC Davis that I sent 3 weeks ago.

165/3.6 here waiting since january

God bless America!

oopivyoo

Postby oopivyoo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:32 am

yo! wrote:
missinglink wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:
primusux wrote:Is there anyone here, possibly a current student, that can provide more info than the UC Davis website provides on the new building and renovations?

The way I understand it is:
New building complete in June - one, maybe 2 actual classrooms being added - probably not for 1L use by the look of the floor plan.
After completion they will begin renovating the old building, starting with the basement, then the classrooms, then the 1st floor. 6 Months each, back-to-back-to-back.

So the reality is as new students we will be in the, to put it very kindly, outdated classrooms for our first 2 years if you take into account the normal construction delays of a project this size.

Additionally, can any current students chime in on the construction and the effect it has had on being able to study in a quiet environment in the law school? I would think once the renovation starts its going to be extremely difficult to have a quiet space in the law school.

Am I understanding this correctly? I haven't followed this thread from the beginning so I'm not sure if their current facilities have been discussed. It just seems so odd to me that the new building is by in large for administration. :?

I second the request for more info here.

A 2L at ASD promised me I wouldn't have to sit in those terrible, terrible classrooms (probably the worst, squeakiest lecture-room chairs I've ever put my butt in). But re-examining the floor plan (and renovation sked) seems to put the lie to that: 1 classroom, 2 seminar rooms and LRW room done before fall. We'll benefit from two of those.

It is a little sucky that much of the expansion is for a big lobby and new admin offices. But, given that Dean Johnson said he's been working out in the parking lot in a pre-fabricated, transportable abode, I guess there's at least some need there.

I'll third the request for more information on this issue.

one-two-three-four-fiiiiiffff

The project was supposed to be a lot further along than it is now, but it was put on hold for a long, long time due to the budget cuts (at one point there were serious fears that the law school would have a half finished building sitting on the side of it for years to come). For anyone who has ever worked construction you know that nothing ever goes as planned. When they were laying the foundation for the new building 2 years back it was really noisy at times and the power was being cut periodically. This year I have heard a hammer or saw maybe a few times, but nothing really distracting. Next year I'm guessing it will either be the same or better. Honestly, construction noise is nothing to worry about now that the new building is actually up and all the heavy machinery is gone. As far as where classes will be... you won't care. Your first year you will be too worried about missing something the professor said or hoping that the next name called isn't yours to ponder the architecture of the classroom or the "squeaks" coming from chairs. If you have legitimate back problems or something then I can see the concern, although if that is the case there are spots up front with better seating to pull up.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

For waitlisters,
Is UCD your top choice?...What are the other schools that you're choosing from? And did you already send a deposit?

crm

Postby crm » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:For waitlisters,
Is UCD your top choice?...What are the other schools that you're choosing from? And did you already send a deposit?

it was up there, still actually surprised by the WL, but oh well. I had already sent a deposit to cardozo because I didnt get a chance to visit anywhere until after, but after visiting OSU, that is where I am headed and am really excited. Had to bite the bullet with that deposit, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:11 pm

crm wrote:

it was up there, still actually surprised by the WL, but oh well. I had already sent a deposit to cardozo because I didnt get a chance to visit anywhere until after, but after visiting OSU, that is where I am headed and am really excited. Had to bite the bullet with that deposit, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised too, after looking at your profile numbers. Glad you like OSU, it looks like a great school

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Yes, UCD is my first choice, with Hastings coming in close second (also waitlisted).

Unless I have some enormous change of heart, I'll be attending McGeorge while still having Cardozo and USD acceptances that I could deposit for if I decided to (but unless I get into Hastings or Davis, I think I'll take the lesser-debt choice).

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:49 pm

uc davis, if you let me in today, I will be forever yours. :)

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:06 pm

May 3rd (when they may start looking at the waitlist) seems sooooo far away.......waitlisted is not fun, that if for sure

star10

Postby star10 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:24 pm

I just want an answer at this point. I applied late October/went complete early-mid November.

I'm pretty sure I'll be at McGeorge but a Davis WL/admit would mix things up. I just don't even care anymore...I just want this cycle to be officially over

davis3l

Postby davis3l » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:29 pm

oopivyoo wrote:The project was supposed to be a lot further along than it is now, but it was put on hold for a long, long time due to the budget cuts (at one point there were serious fears that the law school would have a half finished building sitting on the side of it for years to come). For anyone who has ever worked construction you know that nothing ever goes as planned. When they were laying the foundation for the new building 2 years back it was really noisy at times and the power was being cut periodically. This year I have heard a hammer or saw maybe a few times, but nothing really distracting. Next year I'm guessing it will either be the same or better. Honestly, construction noise is nothing to worry about now that the new building is actually up and all the heavy machinery is gone. As far as where classes will be... you won't care. Your first year you will be too worried about missing something the professor said or hoping that the next name called isn't yours to ponder the architecture of the classroom or the "squeaks" coming from chairs. If you have legitimate back problems or something then I can see the concern, although if that is the case there are spots up front with better seating to pull up.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bert

Postby Bert » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:30 pm

star10 wrote:I just want an answer at this point.

I second that, except I applied early October and went complete early November

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:03 pm

rodewan wrote:uc davis, if you let me in today, I will be forever yours. :)

+1

For those of us still waiting, they've got to let us know before they start pulling from the waitlist, right? With each passing day without hearing from them my confusion about what they could possibly be doing with my application accumulates. I've been complete since mid December - I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be if I'd been complete since November!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”