UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschoolliberal

Re: UC Davis

Postby lawschoolliberal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Also,
UCD must rank their waitlist right? tons of people are on it....anyone know any info??
Also, when do you think they'll begin to use it.....so much ANXIETY :|

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 pm

missinglink wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:
primusux wrote:Is there anyone here, possibly a current student, that can provide more info than the UC Davis website provides on the new building and renovations?

The way I understand it is:
New building complete in June - one, maybe 2 actual classrooms being added - probably not for 1L use by the look of the floor plan.
After completion they will begin renovating the old building, starting with the basement, then the classrooms, then the 1st floor. 6 Months each, back-to-back-to-back.

So the reality is as new students we will be in the, to put it very kindly, outdated classrooms for our first 2 years if you take into account the normal construction delays of a project this size.

Additionally, can any current students chime in on the construction and the effect it has had on being able to study in a quiet environment in the law school? I would think once the renovation starts its going to be extremely difficult to have a quiet space in the law school.

Am I understanding this correctly? I haven't followed this thread from the beginning so I'm not sure if their current facilities have been discussed. It just seems so odd to me that the new building is by in large for administration. :?

I second the request for more info here.

A 2L at ASD promised me I wouldn't have to sit in those terrible, terrible classrooms (probably the worst, squeakiest lecture-room chairs I've ever put my butt in). But re-examining the floor plan (and renovation sked) seems to put the lie to that: 1 classroom, 2 seminar rooms and LRW room done before fall. We'll benefit from two of those.

It is a little sucky that much of the expansion is for a big lobby and new admin offices. But, given that Dean Johnson said he's been working out in the parking lot in a pre-fabricated, transportable abode, I guess there's at least some need there.

I'll third the request for more information on this issue.

one-two-three-four-fiiiiiffff

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm

If I'm going to get rejected, please let it be today. The NFL Draft will be my savior.

amb123

Postby amb123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:45 pm

I spoke with somebody from admissions earlier this week, and they said that they will definitely be pulling from the waitlist, but they won't be starting until after May 1st.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:47 pm

amb123 wrote:I spoke with somebody from admissions earlier this week, and they said that they will definitely be pulling from the waitlist, but they won't be starting until after May 1st.

Ugh. The thought of them beginning to pull from the waitlist before I even get a decision... Davis pllllease talk to me baby :(

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 pm

amb123 wrote:I spoke with somebody from admissions earlier this week, and they said that they will definitely be pulling from the waitlist, but they won't be starting until after May 1st.

Then I would assume those of us still waiting for a regular decision still should expect to see something soon .... ?

Not much time left in April.

Davis, call me.

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 pm

I am hoping for tonight or tomorrow to receive a decision. Even if it's not good news, I'll still be happy about having some closure.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm

pomfiend wrote:I am hoping for tonight or tomorrow to receive a decision. Even if it's not good news, I'll still be happy about having some closure.

I feel the same way. If not Davis, then my next best option is USD and that makes me a bit :( Also the USD deposit is April 30th and I don't want to waste my money with them if a miracle occurs and Davis admits me.

However from what I see on LSN I have no expectation of a decision that is not waitlist or rejection... I just want to know so that I may kill the dream if it must die!

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm

pegleg wrote:
pomfiend wrote:I am hoping for tonight or tomorrow to receive a decision. Even if it's not good news, I'll still be happy about having some closure.

I feel the same way. If not Davis, then my next best option is USD and that makes me a bit :( Also the USD deposit is April 30th and I don't want to waste my money with them if a miracle occurs and Davis admits me.

However from what I see on LSN I have no expectation of a decision that is not waitlist or rejection... I just want to know so that I may kill the dream if it must die!

I got admitted with similar numbers to yours, don't lose hope. There were definitely nights where I wanted to smash my computer on the ground after the 6PM update, (or lack thereof) but it did happend for me eventually.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm

amb123, thanks for the info...no need to check the status checker until after may 1st I guess.....Looking at last year's records, a handful of students got off the waitlist from May 15-20 so maybe this year that will be the time....still 3 more weeks of not knowing!!! oye

vijemi

Postby vijemi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Anyone else getting their emails completely ignored? I haven't gotten a decision yet (Evaluation in process for 2+months), sent an email requesting an update and sent two emails to the financial aid office asking for some information no responses yet (sent the emails 2-3 weeks ago). I'm hesitant to make phone calls to piss them off, any suggestions? Just wait it out?

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:22 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Also,
UCD must rank their waitlist right? tons of people are on it....anyone know any info??
Also, when do you think they'll begin to use it.....so much ANXIETY :|

Same here. Davis is my top choice!

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:37 pm

vijemi wrote:Anyone else getting their emails completely ignored? I haven't gotten a decision yet (Evaluation in process for 2+months), sent an email requesting an update and sent two emails to the financial aid office asking for some information no responses yet (sent the emails 2-3 weeks ago). I'm hesitant to make phone calls to piss them off, any suggestions? Just wait it out?

I sent them an email almost two weeks ago asking for an update and I never received a response. I think the safest thing to do is just wait it out.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

LOL, they haven't even started reviewing my application yet. Still awaiting evaluation.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:45 pm

vijemi wrote:Anyone else getting their emails completely ignored? I haven't gotten a decision yet (Evaluation in process for 2+months), sent an email requesting an update and sent two emails to the financial aid office asking for some information no responses yet (sent the emails 2-3 weeks ago). I'm hesitant to make phone calls to piss them off, any suggestions? Just wait it out?

I would just wait it out. I've never gotten a response to my emails, either.

So you're not alone.

This sort of feels like an abusive relationship. My interest is met with silence. :|

They're probably working pretty hard, with a 20% increase in applications. In a normal year, they're slow and unresponsive. This year seems a bit worse.

Davis, call me. I love you.

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Good luck to all of those eagerly awaiting 6:00:25!! Sending good vibes your way.

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm

No movement here.

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm

:cry:

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:02 pm

sigh

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Aaaaaannnnndddd waitlist.

*sigh*

LOCI writing for Davis and Hastings, here I come.

At least it's a decision...kinda.

nonamebreakdown

Postby nonamebreakdown » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 pm

IN!!!!!!

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:Aaaaaannnnndddd waitlist.

*sigh*

Satchmo, when did you go complete?

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm

nonamebreakdown wrote:IN!!!!!!

Congrats!!! May I ask your stats/when you went complete?

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 pm

pegleg wrote:

*sigh*

I honestly can't recall. I submitted my app through LSAC the first week of January, that's about all I can tell you.

I've been in review for maybe a month or a month and a half?

pegleg

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
pegleg wrote:

*sigh*

I honestly can't recall. I submitted my app through LSAC the first week of January, that's about all I can tell you.

I've been in review for maybe a month or a month and a half?

I just found your LSN. Sorry for being a stalker. If the date there is accurate you applied four days before me. I may just hear before the end of next week yet!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”