UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adonai

Re: UC Davis

Postby adonai » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:27 pm

You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:29 pm

adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.

i submitted davis and hastings on the same day

app still pending completion at hastings

Mr.Feeny

Postby Mr.Feeny » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:24 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.

how do you know about hastings with no status checker?

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Mr.Feeny wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

I was going through my old LS emails today and realized that the last one i got from hastings said my file is not yet complete and will not be until i receive a follow up email telling me so

so i emailed them to ask what the deal was

and they responded to the effect of "oh shit, wait, thanks for bringing that up. its complete as of now. kthxbye"

FryVBender

Postby FryVBender » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:08 am

Totally forgot about the Davis status check. Evaluation in progress for me. It would be nice to know before Christmas. I really like Cali, but coming from OOS with Cali tuition makes it hard for me to get too excited over Davis.

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:38 am

Mr.Feeny wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

R U in RD for Hastings? They r having files evaluation now, and they r going to issue decisions starting from next month.
I wrote an email to ask about the status of my file, they just told me things above, I hope it couls help u as well.

boomshokalocka

Postby boomshokalocka » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 pm

+1. exactly a month. It appears we're being forced to wait until most likely February given the LSN data.

Mr.Feeny

Postby Mr.Feeny » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 pm

sunnygirl wrote:
Mr.Feeny wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

R U in RD for Hastings? They r having files evaluation now, and they r going to issue decisions starting from next month.
I wrote an email to ask about the status of my file, they just told me things above, I hope it couls help u as well.

yeah im RD....thanks for the info! i hope im one of those that will hear back next month because i hate all this waiting

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 am

Well Davis should be sending out a few acceptances next week. Let's hope!

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 am

For those r wating like I do, I got the reply for UC Davis:

Our Admission Committee will make a few decisions in December, however most of their work is done January through March. When a decision has been reached, it will be posted at the status check website and a hardcopy will be mailed to you.

I hope it could somehow relieve you guys from the anxious waiting. I hate those waiting as well, and I do like California. Let's hoping for good news~I keep writing emails to the law schools I applied to ask about the progress, I hope that doesn't annoy them~~~

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

sunnygirl wrote:For those r wating like I do, I got the reply for UC Davis:

Our Admission Committee will make a few decisions in December, however most of their work is done January through March. When a decision has been reached, it will be posted at the status check website and a hardcopy will be mailed to you.

I hope it could somehow relieve you guys from the anxious waiting. I hate those waiting as well, and I do like California. Let's hoping for good news~I keep writing emails to the law schools I applied to ask about the progress, I hope that doesn't annoy them~~~

Haha, I would refrain from doing that. It won't make them review yours faster, they'll let you know when they are done.

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm

App Received - 11/20; "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" - 12/10

Now I just have to wait a few months to know my fate *sigh*

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 pm

TWoodWil wrote:App Received - 11/20; "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" - 12/10

Sorry to tell you, but many of us have been "Under Evaluation" for almost a month now. You have a ways to go, but best of luck!

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Inygma wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:App Received - 11/20; "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" - 12/10

Sorry to tell you, but many of us have been "Under Evaluation" for almost a month now. You have a ways to go, but best of luck!

Oh, I'm well prepared to wait two or three months. That's normal for the admissions process. I submitted Davis and Hastings (among others) at the same time and Hastings went complete on 11/23. It is the waiting for 3 or 4 weeks for Davis just to process the application that's an annoyance.

And it's not surprising that people have been under evaluation for a month, since they only begin to look at apps in Dec and only really get into it starting in January.

sunnygirl

Postby sunnygirl » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 am

Inygma wrote:
sunnygirl wrote:For those r wating like I do, I got the reply for UC Davis:

Haha, I would refrain from doing that. It won't make them review yours faster, they'll let you know when they are done.

I have to keep asking. I'm an Int'l applicant. It is said that some law schools will put aside applications from int'l applicants and review applications from domestic students first. So I thought I should keep reminding them of me~haha

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:46 pm

C'mon Davis, lets see some movement! I am visiting Davis on Monday and would really love if I was accepted before I went :lol:

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Inygma wrote:Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

oooo can you please take pictures and post when you come back!?1? :D

superflush

Postby superflush » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

IF you do take pictures, please take pictures of the new parts of the building.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 pm

#1) why are they so slow compared to other schools? (Past reasons - IT issues should have been taken care of by now)

#2) why do they read the files in random order? Is it really random? Do they read auto accept applications first? Can they change it to first come first serve?

#3) are they seeing an increase of applicants as well? If so what %? (estimate)

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

superflush wrote:
Veritas wrote:

IF you do take pictures, please take pictures of the new parts of the building.

I'll do my best... isn't the new building under construction till May or something though?

Mosca

Postby Mosca » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 pm

What are the chances that some Davis acceptances roll out today?

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Mosca wrote:What are the chances that some Davis acceptances roll out today?

LSN shows that around this time last year about a half dozen people got their decisions. So there's probably a good chance that some acceptances may come out, but I don't think anyone should be holding their breath.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

maybe next week. but the overall delay by most law schools because of the increased amount of applicants may lag it another week.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:20 am

finalaspects wrote:

maybe next week. but the overall delay by most law schools because of the increased amount of applicants may lag it another week.

Unfortunately it is looking like we wont be hearing till January.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”