UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby adonai » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:27 pm

You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:29 pm

adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.



i submitted davis and hastings on the same day


app still pending completion at hastings

User avatar
Mr.Feeny
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Mr.Feeny » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:24 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.



i submitted davis and hastings on the same day


app still pending completion at hastings


how do you know about hastings with no status checker?

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Mr.Feeny wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.



i submitted davis and hastings on the same day


app still pending completion at hastings


how do you know about hastings with no status checker?



I was going through my old LS emails today and realized that the last one i got from hastings said my file is not yet complete and will not be until i receive a follow up email telling me so

so i emailed them to ask what the deal was

and they responded to the effect of "oh shit, wait, thanks for bringing that up. its complete as of now. kthxbye"

FryVBender
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby FryVBender » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:08 am

Totally forgot about the Davis status check. Evaluation in progress for me. It would be nice to know before Christmas. I really like Cali, but coming from OOS with Cali tuition makes it hard for me to get too excited over Davis.

sunnygirl
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby sunnygirl » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:38 am

Mr.Feeny wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.



i submitted davis and hastings on the same day


app still pending completion at hastings


how do you know about hastings with no status checker?



R U in RD for Hastings? They r having files evaluation now, and they r going to issue decisions starting from next month.
I wrote an email to ask about the status of my file, they just told me things above, I hope it couls help u as well.

boomshokalocka
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby boomshokalocka » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 pm

adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.


+1. exactly a month. It appears we're being forced to wait until most likely February given the LSN data.

User avatar
Mr.Feeny
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Mr.Feeny » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 pm

sunnygirl wrote:
Mr.Feeny wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
adonai wrote:You guys are lucky to even be in evaluation. I'm still AWAITING and have been for almost a month now.



i submitted davis and hastings on the same day


app still pending completion at hastings


how do you know about hastings with no status checker?



R U in RD for Hastings? They r having files evaluation now, and they r going to issue decisions starting from next month.
I wrote an email to ask about the status of my file, they just told me things above, I hope it couls help u as well.


yeah im RD....thanks for the info! i hope im one of those that will hear back next month because i hate all this waiting

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 am

Well Davis should be sending out a few acceptances next week. Let's hope!

sunnygirl
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby sunnygirl » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 am

For those r wating like I do, I got the reply for UC Davis:

Our Admission Committee will make a few decisions in December, however most of their work is done January through March. When a decision has been reached, it will be posted at the status check website and a hardcopy will be mailed to you.

I hope it could somehow relieve you guys from the anxious waiting. I hate those waiting as well, and I do like California. Let's hoping for good news~I keep writing emails to the law schools I applied to ask about the progress, I hope that doesn't annoy them~~~

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

sunnygirl wrote:For those r wating like I do, I got the reply for UC Davis:

Our Admission Committee will make a few decisions in December, however most of their work is done January through March. When a decision has been reached, it will be posted at the status check website and a hardcopy will be mailed to you.

I hope it could somehow relieve you guys from the anxious waiting. I hate those waiting as well, and I do like California. Let's hoping for good news~I keep writing emails to the law schools I applied to ask about the progress, I hope that doesn't annoy them~~~


Haha, I would refrain from doing that. It won't make them review yours faster, they'll let you know when they are done.

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm

App Received - 11/20; "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" - 12/10

Now I just have to wait a few months to know my fate *sigh*

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 pm

TWoodWil wrote:App Received - 11/20; "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" - 12/10

Now I just have to wait a few months to know my fate *sigh*



Sorry to tell you, but many of us have been "Under Evaluation" for almost a month now. You have a ways to go, but best of luck!

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Inygma wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:App Received - 11/20; "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation" - 12/10

Now I just have to wait a few months to know my fate *sigh*



Sorry to tell you, but many of us have been "Under Evaluation" for almost a month now. You have a ways to go, but best of luck!


Oh, I'm well prepared to wait two or three months. That's normal for the admissions process. I submitted Davis and Hastings (among others) at the same time and Hastings went complete on 11/23. It is the waiting for 3 or 4 weeks for Davis just to process the application that's an annoyance.

And it's not surprising that people have been under evaluation for a month, since they only begin to look at apps in Dec and only really get into it starting in January.

sunnygirl
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:20 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby sunnygirl » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 am

Inygma wrote:
sunnygirl wrote:For those r wating like I do, I got the reply for UC Davis:

Our Admission Committee will make a few decisions in December, however most of their work is done January through March. When a decision has been reached, it will be posted at the status check website and a hardcopy will be mailed to you.

I hope it could somehow relieve you guys from the anxious waiting. I hate those waiting as well, and I do like California. Let's hoping for good news~I keep writing emails to the law schools I applied to ask about the progress, I hope that doesn't annoy them~~~


Haha, I would refrain from doing that. It won't make them review yours faster, they'll let you know when they are done.


I have to keep asking. I'm an Int'l applicant. It is said that some law schools will put aside applications from int'l applicants and review applications from domestic students first. So I thought I should keep reminding them of me~haha

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:46 pm

C'mon Davis, lets see some movement! I am visiting Davis on Monday and would really love if I was accepted before I went :lol:

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Inygma wrote:Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

oooo can you please take pictures and post when you come back!?1? :D

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby superflush » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

oooo can you please take pictures and post when you come back!?1? :D


IF you do take pictures, please take pictures of the new parts of the building.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Inygma wrote:Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!


#1) why are they so slow compared to other schools? (Past reasons - IT issues should have been taken care of by now)

#2) why do they read the files in random order? Is it really random? Do they read auto accept applications first? Can they change it to first come first serve?

#3) are they seeing an increase of applicants as well? If so what %? (estimate)

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

superflush wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Inygma wrote:Anyways, I am visiting Monday, so if anyone has questions they want me to ask let me know!

oooo can you please take pictures and post when you come back!?1? :D


IF you do take pictures, please take pictures of the new parts of the building.


I'll do my best... isn't the new building under construction till May or something though?

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Mosca » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 pm

What are the chances that some Davis acceptances roll out today?

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Mosca wrote:What are the chances that some Davis acceptances roll out today?


LSN shows that around this time last year about a half dozen people got their decisions. So there's probably a good chance that some acceptances may come out, but I don't think anyone should be holding their breath.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Mosca wrote:What are the chances that some Davis acceptances roll out today?


maybe next week. but the overall delay by most law schools because of the increased amount of applicants may lag it another week.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:20 am

finalaspects wrote:
Mosca wrote:What are the chances that some Davis acceptances roll out today?


maybe next week. but the overall delay by most law schools because of the increased amount of applicants may lag it another week.


Unfortunately it is looking like we wont be hearing till January.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”