UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cali gal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Waitlisted at Davis. 5 months of waiting for a wl :(

cali gal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Did anyone write any comments on the waitlist form?

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby PunjabiLower » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:50 pm

cali gal wrote:Waitlisted at Davis. 5 months of waiting for a wl :(


how were u notified? how come people are getting notified via email? i thought it was all status checker..then snail mail later

cali gal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
cali gal wrote:Waitlisted at Davis. 5 months of waiting for a wl :(


how were u notified? how come people are getting notified via email? i thought it was all status checker..then snail mail later


Status checker. I didn't receive any emails.

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby zeth006 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 pm

cali gal wrote:Waitlisted at Davis. 5 months of waiting for a wl :(


Sorry to hear that.

But hey that means you got your foot halfway through the door! All that's left is preparing that fancy fancy LOCI letter and sending it out!

cali gal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Anyone know the probability of getting off the waitlist?

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 pm

cali gal wrote:Anyone know the probability of getting off the waitlist?

It's hard to say with any authority. A lot of schools pull people off the waitlist to match admitted students who withdraw, so a lot can depend on whether you meet the 'profile' they are looking to replace.

Here's last years Davis WL thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69810

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby zeth006 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:43 am

Wait and see...wait and see...



It's not comforting that some people had to wait until well into August to get admits.

EDIT:

missinglink wrote:
cali gal wrote:Anyone know the probability of getting off the waitlist?

It's hard to say with any authority. A lot of schools pull people off the waitlist to match admitted students who withdraw, so a lot can depend on whether you meet the 'profile' they are looking to replace.

Here's last years Davis WL thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69810



Check the last page. People got accepts on the 3rd of August! :shock:

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby hellokitty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 am

I couldn't imagine waiting until the end of August. I live so far away, and I mean to just drop everything and leave like that on such short notice would be hard. Imagine trying to find a place to live. Terrible.

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby zeth006 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:01 am

hellokitty wrote:I couldn't imagine waiting until the end of August. I live so far away, and I mean to just drop everything and leave like that on such short notice would be hard. Imagine trying to find a place to live. Terrible.


That's why you've got to either

(1) Look for a cheap sublet.
I hear that though apartment leases start during September, the vacancy rate for 2009 was 4%. Supply in this case is outpacing demand. That means more bargaining power with your landlord/lady. I'm sure that if we get letters in early August before school starts, we can get sublets and prorate the fees while we work on finding the 1-year lease.

(2) Make some friends on TLS forums. :D If you can't do (1) for financial reasons or you're just simply in a hurry, then you'd best find someone to live with temporarily while you find a place to live. It might take a week's worth of researching and touring apartments to find that one place that's not populated by party animals, college kids, and our favorite, trailer bums.


Anyhow, I genuinely hope for ALL of us here as a community that none of us end up getting letters while we're attending school at our safeties!!!! :shock:

EDIT: But yeah, I feel for the rest of you guys who live several states away. Buying a plane ticket on short notice kind of sucks. Ironically a weak economy will help keep ticket prices lower than they would've been in 2007.

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby boardride23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

It's that time of week again... Thu/Fri decision day... best of luck to everyone! :D

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby hellokitty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 am

Does Davis always do decisions on Thurs/Fri?

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby boardride23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:47 am

hellokitty wrote:Does Davis always do decisions on Thurs/Fri?


Every weeks there's been some sort of batch that has been sent out either Thursday or Friday... I believe there have been some scattered out on other days, but yes, Thur/Fri has seemed to be the standard with UCD.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:19 pm

boardride23 wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Does Davis always do decisions on Thurs/Fri?


Every weeks there's been some sort of batch that has been sent out either Thursday or Friday... I believe there have been some scattered out on other days, but yes, Thur/Fri has seemed to be the standard with UCD.


Lets hope for some good news in this thread tonight. It is pretty much the last chance for those who want to attend the ASD (me).

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:32 pm

yo! wrote:Lets hope for some good news in this thread tonight. It is pretty much the last chance for those who want to attend the ASD (me).
[quote="yo!"]

I think we all have to convince Kswiss to rub his buddha belly and it will happen.

tadesire85
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby tadesire85 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Has anyone been rejected by Davis? So far I've just heard of WL and Admits.

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby boardride23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 pm

tadesire85 wrote:Has anyone been rejected by Davis? So far I've just heard of WL and Admits.


http://davis.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

yeah, a good number have been rejected (considering the sample size)

aimhigh09
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby aimhigh09 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Withdrew tonight. Hope that frees up a spot for one of you - good luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby J Burrito » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:12 pm

In via status checker!!!!!! Ahhh best day ever! Best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
Great Satchmo
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 pm

J Burrito wrote:In via status checker!!!!!! Ahhh best day ever! Best of luck to everyone!


Congrats!!!

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby hellokitty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 pm

J Burrito wrote:In via status checker!!!!!! Ahhh best day ever! Best of luck to everyone!


Congratulations!

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby crm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 pm

J Burrito wrote:In via status checker!!!!!! Ahhh best day ever! Best of luck to everyone!


congrats j

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby JOThompson » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Just accepted via email, really pleasantly surprised. How do stipends work for the Open House/ASD?

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby hellokitty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 pm

JOThompson wrote:Just accepted via email, really pleasantly surprised. How do stipends work for the Open House/ASD?


Congrats! Did your status checker change also?

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm

In! I guess the email that I sent the other night helped. Looking forward to the ASD on Sat!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Harry Ass Truman, kvnrogers, lawnerd87, lillawyer2, Nickel94, premalone, ReadyToStart, XUMickeal and 14 guests