UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scolinos

Re: UC Davis

Postby scolinos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 pm

If I've been in evaluation for 2 months, is that a good sign? I can't tell

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

scolinos wrote:If I've been in evaluation for 2 months, is that a good sign? I can't tell

It means nothing accept that Davis is playing sick games with their admissions process. Most have us have been under eval for longer.

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

jmhendri wrote:Most have us have been under eval for longer.

I've been under evaluation since November. The wait is killing me.

scolinos

Postby scolinos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Bert wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Most have us have been under eval for longer.

I've been under evaluation since November. The wait is killing me.

I'm really hoping that they're just waiting to admit us, after all the T14 kids stop using it as a back-up.

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm

I keep debating whether or not to call....it would be completely pointless right?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Nat1018 wrote:I keep debating whether or not to call....it would be completely pointless right?

no... a lot of people in the past have complained and then had their decisions expedited (unofficially)

if you have deposit deadlines coming up then you have a legitimate issue, bring it to their attention

anothernancydrew

Postby anothernancydrew » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Accepted last night via email!!

I had been in review since for 4 months, so it was nice to finally hear something, especially with some good news.

sophistry

Postby sophistry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Accepted last night via email!!

I had been in review since for 4 months, so it was nice to finally hear something, especially with some good news.

+1 !!

I must say that, while they definitely took too long to mail decisions, Davis's admissions office did a really good job. The recent admit email, their status checker, the website, the access to electronic docs, the friendly admissions people, etc., were all top notch. This stuff gives the school a personality that many other schools lack.

Speluncean X

Postby Speluncean X » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 pm

sophistry wrote:

+1 !!

I must say that, while they definitely took too long to mail decisions, Davis's admissions office did a really good job. The recent admit email, their status checker, the website, the access to electronic docs, the friendly admissions people, etc., were all top notch. This stuff gives the school a personality that many other schools lack.

I agree. I also had a similar impression of administrative personnel when I toured the school back in the early fall. Everyone I spoke with was very eager to help, friendly, and knowledgable. I hope they don't blow it this weekend during the ASD.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 pm

jeeze, how many people could they possibly have attending the ASW when they barely have anyone admitted??

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Congratulations! Is Davis your top choice?

pootie

Postby pootie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Congrats to the newly admitted!!! I'm looking forward to the ASD!

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Borhas wrote:
Nat1018 wrote:I keep debating whether or not to call....it would be completely pointless right?

no... a lot of people in the past have complained and then had their decisions expedited (unofficially)

if you have deposit deadlines coming up then you have a legitimate issue, bring it to their attention

Thanks Borhas! Just called and they said they would try and expedite my decision...which probably means I won't hear anything till June

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Nat1018 wrote:
Borhas wrote:

Thanks Borhas! Just called and they said they would try and expedite my decision...which probably means I won't hear anything till June

I've thought about calling to try to have my decision expedited. I'm too chicken, though.

I worry that it might expedite my decision into the WL/Ding column. :)

I'll just deposit down at other places, for the time being.

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 pm

missinglink wrote:
Nat1018 wrote:
Borhas wrote:

I've thought about calling to try to have my decision expedited. I'm too chicken, though.

The lady I spoke with was actually very nice and seemed understanding. She didn't gaurantee anything and my app is probably still sitting in a dustbin, but I feel better! I would try calling just so you don't lose all that money on seat deposits!

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:11 pm

For all the peeps that just got admitted- join the Facebook group "UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) - Class of 2013" if you're interested. For those out of state- like myself- you'll get a lot of good advice about housing etc. Congrats to everyone!

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:13 pm

missinglink wrote:I've thought about calling to try to have my decision expedited. I'm too chicken, though.

I don't know for sure, but I don't really think calling is such a good idea. It's a little informal to begin with and they must know that deposit dates are coming up for schools anyway so it's not like you're informing them of anything out of the ordinary. I'd instead write another brief LOCI stressing your heightened interest in a decision considering approaching deadlines at other schools, but I'm not sure if this (or a call) would have any real impact.

yo!

Postby yo! » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:15 pm

drdolittle wrote:
missinglink wrote:I've thought about calling to try to have my decision expedited. I'm too chicken, though.

I don't know for sure, but I don't really think calling is such a good idea. It's a little informal to begin with and they must know that deposit dates are coming up for schools anyway so it's not like you're informing them of anything out of the ordinary. I'd instead write another brief LOCI stressing your heightened interest in a decision considering approaching deadlines at other schools, but I'm not sure if this (or a call) would have any real impact.

I did this last night, no response yet. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Neelio wrote:For all the peeps that just got admitted- join the Facebook group "UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) - Class of 2013" if you're interested. For those out of state- like myself- you'll get a lot of good advice about housing etc. Congrats to everyone!

+1 and congrats to the last wave, hang in there everyone!

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Been waiting since Jan. I'm WL'ed with Hastings with less-than-impressive numbers. Hoping upon hope I get into one or the other.

It'd be really nice if I could find out soon so I can start planning my budget and housing plan.

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I applied to Florida State just two weeks ago and I've already heard back from their admissions office (acceptance)... this wait is killing me. You're my number one Davis, please don't let me down... I've got $1,000 in deposits next week.

Modian

Postby Modian » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 pm

awaiting evaluation...applied first week of january. UGHHHHHH

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Ok well there has been some movement this week..that makes me happy

yo!

Postby yo! » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 pm

boardride23 wrote:I applied to Florida State just two weeks ago and I've already heard back from their admissions office (acceptance)... this wait is killing me. You're my number one Davis, please don't let me down... I've got $1,000 in deposits next week.

I got into U Arizona (which I consider a peer school to Davis) with $$ only two days after going complete. The wait at Davis is just fucking insane!

EDIT: I should add that I sent a generic ass app to AZ, with no mention of the school anywhere in my PS. At Davis, I tailored my PS around how Davis was my top choice and why I wanted to attend. :?
Last edited by yo! on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cLams

Postby cLams » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:53 pm

yo! wrote:
boardride23 wrote:I applied to Florida State just two weeks ago and I've already heard back from their admissions office (acceptance)... this wait is killing me. You're my number one Davis, please don't let me down... I've got $1,000 in deposits next week.

I got into U Arizona (which I consider a peer school to Davis) with $$ only two days after going complete. The wait at Davis is just fucking insane!

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”