UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
J Burrito

Re: UC Davis

Postby J Burrito » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Does anyone know if Davis had a deposit deadline on April 1st?

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 pm

J Burrito wrote:Does anyone know if Davis had a deposit deadline on April 1st?

Nope, it is 3 weeks from when you are accepted or April 15th, whichever is later.

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Inygma wrote:
J Burrito wrote:Does anyone know if Davis had a deposit deadline on April 1st?

Nope, it is 3 weeks from when you are accepted or April 15th, whichever is later.

Thanks!

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Still just 'Application Complete, Awaiting Evaluation'...any movement guys?

adonai

Postby adonai » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 pm

I love you, Davis. I will wait no matter how long it takes for thee~

Nat1018

Postby Nat1018 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:04 pm

no change today...but I'm not realy that surprised

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:20 pm

yea still 'eval in progress'. got my hopes up for next week tho :D

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:33 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
rodewan wrote:
yo! wrote:
rodewan wrote:complete on 1/14, still eval in progress. if we don't get admitted by asd day on the 10th does that mean we're pretty much doomed :shock: ?

Same dates for me.....I really hope that we hear something before the 10th, but we probably won't. LSN shows a bunch of acceptances at the end of April during the last few cycles. They seem accept people when the admitted students don't put in their seat deposits.

so we're pretty much like their backups then. grrreat.

please tell me this isnt true

This isn't true.

I went complete in November and I was accepted just yesterday.

LSAT just barely above median, GPA above 75th, good PS and LORs. I don't consider myself a borderline applicant, and I'm sure there are more like me that are still waiting.

Davis is just slow... Period. No trend to it.

Don't lose hope!

crm

Postby crm » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Still Eval in Progress, as expected

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Veritas,
Are you going to UCI?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Nuthin.

Is there a precedent for a weekend decision? Or is it safe to ignore the status checker until Monday?

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:10 am

missinglink wrote:Nuthin.

Is there a precedent for a weekend decision? Or is it safe to ignore the status checker until Monday?

Even if it comes on a Saturday, it'll still be there on Monday.

Enjoy the weekend.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 am

ViP...i love u...stats?

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Any news today?

Zannie1986

Postby Zannie1986 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:55 pm

ok i went complete in November, is anyone else still in THAT boat???

edit: checked out page 63; thanks.
Last edited by Zannie1986 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Zannie1986 wrote:ok i went complete in November, is anyone else still in THAT boat???

Go back a page, we have a compilation of people left waiting for a decision.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:51 am

anyone still not have financial aid info up?

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Withdrew today. Happy Easter and good luck to all those waiting.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:07 pm

So, 163/3.81 Waitlister over here, non-trad, current UC Davis senior...

Their waitlist letter was fairly specific: "all info. you need is in this letter," for example, and the fact that they will be looking at their waitlist around JUNE. But, does anyone know if they are OK with my sending a supplementary LOR? Or, for that matter, whether even a LOCI is OK? I emailed Hastings about this, and they said that while updated transcripts and resumes and LOCI are accepted, they do not encourage/accept new LORs. Just wondering. One size does not always fit all, I have found, when it comes to what to send schools during these dreary waiting days.

yo!

Postby yo! » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:06 pm

tommytahoe wrote:So, 163/3.81 Waitlister over here, non-trad, current UC Davis senior...

Their waitlist letter was fairly specific: "all info. you need is in this letter," for example, and the fact that they will be looking at their waitlist around JUNE. But, does anyone know if they are OK with my sending a supplementary LOR? Or, for that matter, whether even a LOCI is OK? I emailed Hastings about this, and they said that while updated transcripts and resumes and LOCI are accepted, they do not encourage/accept new LORs. Just wondering. One size does not always fit all, I have found, when it comes to what to send schools during these dreary waiting days.

After reading your profile, I can't believe that they WLed you. You have be the most unlikely WL so far: not a splitter, work exp, 75% or above GPA and LSAT, and active student govt at THEIR UG. I'm baffled......any criminal history?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:20 pm

yo! wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:So, 163/3.81 Waitlister over here, non-trad, current UC Davis senior...

After reading your profile, I can't believe that they WLed you. You have be the most unlikely WL so far: not a splitter, work exp, 75% or above GPA and LSAT, and active student govt at THEIR UG. I'm baffled......any criminal history?

Wow, I am impressed with your intuition and investigative skills.
I killed a guy. Okay, two guys. But, it was in self-defense, however. Well, OK, maybe not the second murder... or the first one, now that I think of it. Both premeditated. Cold blood. But I didn't chop up the first victim into little pieces and store them in an industrial freezer. That counts for something. :wink:

OK, with my Sunday comedy routine over with... 7 years ago I was arrested for a possession drug charge. It has since been expunged, but in 2006 the DHS tried to deport me (I'm a Brit/Aussie), and my PS addressed how all of this was instrumental in my becoming involved in the law personally, academically, etc... I don't talk about it all the time on TLS in the interest of not sounding overly vain. So, folks like you often get mystified when they look at my numbers, etc...
I decided to nail the issue on the head in my PS because, well, that's my style. I needed to frame the story. I guessed that, in a vacuum as they say, adcomms would look on my story forgivingly. But I also realize that, in February and March, with dozens and dozens of folks almost exactly like me all piled up together, an adcomm may very well see my conviction as enough of a question mark to tilt the scales just enough to WL me, or ding me, depending on the school. (WL at Hastings, W&M).
Plus, UCD has been inundated with applicants this cycle, and I DID apply around Jan. 12-14 or so.
But, GULC and UVA took a WL flyer on me, so I guess the take-away is that some schools saw my PS story as a risk, some saw it as a reward. Who knows?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 pm

yo! wrote:You have be the most unlikely WL so far: not a splitter, work exp, 75% or above GPA and LSAT, and active student govt at THEIR UG. I'm baffled......any criminal history?

Oh, for accuracy's sake: no student gov't for me, plus I'm pretty certain my LSAT is far below Davis's 75th. I wouldn't be surprised if their median is around 164/165 this year. Law School Predictor's numbers are woefully out of date.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:53 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
yo! wrote:You have be the most unlikely WL so far: not a splitter, work exp, 75% or above GPA and LSAT, and active student govt at THEIR UG. I'm baffled......any criminal history?

Oh, for accuracy's sake: no student gov't for me, plus I'm pretty certain my LSAT is far below Davis's 75th. I wouldn't be surprised if their median is around 164/165 this year. Law School Predictor's numbers are woefully out of date.

I'd actually be really surprised if the median was 164/165 this year. I suppose it's possible, but I just don't think it's likely they'll be raising it that much. One point increases are big, two points are nearly unprecedented I think.

I saw that their median for admitted students was 164, but for students who ended up attending, it's 161. That's from the LSAC/ABA official guide, so I'm not sure from what year that data is drawn. I've seen 162 and 163 at various sources, too.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:05 pm

missinglink wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

I'd actually be really surprised if the median was 164/165 this year. I suppose it's possible, but I just don't think it's likely they'll be raising it that much. One point increases are big, two points are nearly unprecedented I think.

I saw that their median for admitted students was 164, but for students who ended up attending, it's 161. That's from the LSAC/ABA official guide, so I'm not sure from what year that data is drawn. I've seen 162 and 163 at various sources, too.

Score Percentiles
Offers 25th 50th 75th
GPA 3.41 3.62 3.78
LSAT 162 164 167

This is what I got from their student body profile, 2009 applicant pool. From their webpage explanation (http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/prospective/ ... ofile.html), I now see what you mean about these statistics reflecting the profile of those who were offered admission, not those attending. But, as the question here is why I was not offered admission —not who will or will not attend following admission offers— these numbers seem to work as good comparisons to my hard numbers, at least from an adcomm's POV when making offers.

Anyone know whether sending LOCIs and supplementary LOR is acceptable to UCD's adcomms?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:18 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
missinglink wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:

Score Percentiles
Offers 25th 50th 75th
GPA 3.41 3.62 3.78
LSAT 162 164 167

This is what I got from their student body profile, 2009 applicant pool. From their webpage explanation (http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/prospective/ ... ofile.html), I now see what you mean about these statistics reflecting the profile of those who were offered admission, not those attending. But, as the question here is why I was not offered admission —not who will or will not attend following admission offers— these numbers seem to work as good comparisons to my hard numbers, at least from an adcomm's POV when making offers.

Anyone know whether sending LOCIs and supplementary LOR is acceptable to UCD's adcomms?

I can't say for sure whether they are entirely appropriate. My gut sense is that they are, as long as it is professional and succinct. Schools are more likely to take people off the WL that they think are still committed to going to the school. What does the school say about additional materials in the WL letter?

I would wait until after the deposit deadline to send it in, though. Since there are still a number of people awaiting their initial decision, it's going to be a while before they return to the waitlist.

If you have some time, this thread from last year regarding the WL might be useful: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69810

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”