UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cali gal

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:10 am

Inygma wrote:
cali gal wrote:Has Davis given out any Friday decisions this cycle?

Me! I was a Friday child. Best Friday of my life :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable:

Good to know that there's a possibility that some of us waiting will get good news tomorrow

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:11 am

Are health insurance fees included in the financial aid awards issued now?

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:13 am

Inygma wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:anyone know where I can find some pictures of the inside of the lawl skool? I'm not having much luck. thanks!

The old building is nothing amazing to look at.... the new building, which will be complete in May, will be pretty amazing. If you browse the site, you can find some pics of the new building, but not sure where you can find some of the old building.

Forgot to mention that the campus is amazing though. Largest UC campus, and very green!

yeah i was really impressed by the pics of the new building. I think I'll head up next week for a tour. I was really set on attending Hastings, but I've never lived in a city and I'm having a lot of anxiety just thinking about living in the tower. Since I want to return to SoCal, it seems my options will be pretty similar either way...so I might as well just go for the school with the higher quality of life, right? Also, even if Davis' ambitious plans to continue climbing in the rankings never materialize, I appreciate the effort. I have this gut feeling that Hastings is focused on just not dropping in the rankings, which leaves little room for improving their facilities, etc. (especially tough in this economy, I know). I guess I'll visit and have a better idea of where I stand then! thanks for the info

angela

Postby angela » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:28 am

Inygma wrote:
cali gal wrote:Has Davis given out any Friday decisions this cycle?

Me! I was a Friday child. Best Friday of my life :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable:

yep me too.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:33 am

Inygma wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:anyone know where I can find some pictures of the inside of the lawl skool? I'm not having much luck. thanks!

The old building is nothing amazing to look at.... the new building, which will be complete in May, will be pretty amazing. If you browse the site, you can find some pics of the new building, but not sure where you can find some of the old building.

Forgot to mention that the campus is amazing though. Largest UC campus, and very green!

There is also a planned renovation of the old building once the new one is complete.

Some useful info: http://building.law.ucdavis.edu/

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:
Inygma wrote:

yeah i was really impressed by the pics of the new building. I think I'll head up next week for a tour. I was really set on attending Hastings, but I've never lived in a city and I'm having a lot of anxiety just thinking about living in the tower. Since I want to return to SoCal, it seems my options will be pretty similar either way...so I might as well just go for the school with the higher quality of life, right? Also, even if Davis' ambitious plans to continue climbing in the rankings never materialize, I appreciate the effort. I have this gut feeling that Hastings is focused on just not dropping in the rankings, which leaves little room for improving their facilities, etc. (especially tough in this economy, I know). I guess I'll visit and have a better idea of where I stand then! thanks for the info

ASD is Saturday the 10th

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:31 am

Inygma wrote:
missinglink wrote:
ViP wrote:Decision mailed today.

Complete 11/23.

In? Out? WL?

Click the letter, itll show the PDF of it.... good luck!

Haha, wow, the file I downloaded from the link won't work. Lovely.

EDIT: Nevermind! I tried using another web browser and it worked... I'm in!

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:34 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:
Inygma wrote:

If you can make it living in Berkeley, you can make it in SF too. Or could even live in the East Bay still if you're more comfortable. Not that I'm trying to convince you either way! Just offering my opinion. I've never lived anywhere but a city, so visiting Davis will be very different for me!

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:41 am

complete on 1/14, still eval in progress. if we don't get admitted by asd day on the 10th does that mean we're pretty much doomed :shock: ?

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:42 am

When is scholarship info received? In the mail along with the acceptance letter? Later?

Sorry for being lazy and not reading through the thread... I have been following periodically, though!

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

ViP wrote:
Inygma wrote:
missinglink wrote:
ViP wrote:Decision mailed today.

Complete 11/23.

In? Out? WL?

Click the letter, itll show the PDF of it.... good luck!

Haha, wow, the file I downloaded from the link won't work. Lovely.

EDIT: Nevermind! I tried using another web browser and it worked... I'm in!

scores? (if you don't mind)

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:28 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:

Hastings reduction in class size seems to be aimed at improving in rankings (and education). I don't really think either school tries to game the rankings more than the other. Just last year Hastings was doing some hard core YP in order to have more favorable selectivity and matriculation %.

$0.02

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Borhas wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

Hastings reduction in class size seems to be aimed at improving in rankings (and education). I don't really think either school tries to game the rankings more than the other. Just last year Hastings was doing some hard core YP in order to have more favorable selectivity and matriculation %.

$0.02

+1

Plus Hastings just finished some remodeling, if I'm not mistaken. That should help the money spent per student statistic. Seems to me that they are looking to maintain or improve just as much as Davis in the rankings.

Schools can't just tread water, as everyone is actively trying to improve.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm

ViP wrote:When is scholarship info received? In the mail along with the acceptance letter? Later?

Sorry for being lazy and not reading through the thread... I have been following periodically, though!

I heard they come with the packet, but mine was through e-mail.

yo!

Postby yo! » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:20 pm

rodewan wrote:complete on 1/14, still eval in progress. if we don't get admitted by asd day on the 10th does that mean we're pretty much doomed :shock: ?

Same dates for me.....I really hope that we hear something before the 10th, but we probably won't. LSN shows a bunch of acceptances at the end of April during the last few cycles. They seem accept people when the admitted students don't put in their seat deposits.

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 pm

I've been under eval since December. Has anyone else been in eval that long? Was anybody under eval for 3 months who got accepted?

rodewan

Postby rodewan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 pm

yo! wrote:
rodewan wrote:complete on 1/14, still eval in progress. if we don't get admitted by asd day on the 10th does that mean we're pretty much doomed :shock: ?

Same dates for me.....I really hope that we hear something before the 10th, but we probably won't. LSN shows a bunch of acceptances at the end of April during the last few cycles. They seem accept people when the admitted students don't put in their seat deposits.

so we're pretty much like their backups then. grrreat.

yo!

Postby yo! » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:32 pm

rodewan wrote:
yo! wrote:

exactly

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:34 pm

I am in there too, complete since 1/10 163/3.4

boardride23

Postby boardride23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:43 pm

me three, complete since 1/18 162, 3.65
Last edited by boardride23 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:45 pm

So yesterday afternoon my financial aid package was available for viewing, now I get the "YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARD PACKAGING IS NOT YET COMPLETE" message. WTF? Has this happened to anyone else?

pootie

Postby pootie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:48 pm

cali gal wrote:I've been under eval since December. Has anyone else been in eval that long? Was anybody under eval for 3 months who got accepted?

I applied in October, was under evaluation Noverber 16th (I think) and was accepted in March.

pootie

Postby pootie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 pm

drdolittle wrote:So yesterday afternoon my financial aid package was available for viewing, now I get the "YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARD PACKAGING IS NOT YET COMPLETE" message. WTF? Has this happened to anyone else?

+1
I have the "YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARD PACKAGING IS NOT YET COMPLETE" message as of this morning, when I last checked.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:02 pm

rodewan wrote:
yo! wrote:

please tell me this isnt true

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

rodewan wrote:
yo! wrote:

You really think they've already given out enough acceptances to fill a whole 1L class? I know TLS and LSN aren't representative, but, to me, it just doesn't seem like they have. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”