UC Davis

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:When I go to the 2009/2010-Summer 2009 through Fall 2010 page, it says my FAFSA is missing, but I submitted that in February. When I try the 2010/2011 Summer 2010 through Fall 2011 page, it says "your financial aid packaging is not yet complete." I called and the lady said they just haven't uploaded all of the packages into the system yet--to try back tomorrow. But I'm still concerned about my FAFSA. Anyone else have this problem? Or do they just upload the FAFSA and awards on the same day?


Your FAFSA is registered for the "2010/2011 Summer 2010 through Fall 2011", it is not for the 09/10 year. That is why it says it is missing for that year, because you didn't (and don't need to) submit one for that year (which is almost over). It soundslike you are fine, so just wait until you get your package.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Just a heads up for those of you with Law School OCD, Davis is uploading reports on a rolling basis. I know someone who didn't have their aid package up earlier today, but now it is there.

So if you are eager, keep checking every hour or so until maybe 6sh.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby lateforthesky16 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Inygma wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:When I go to the 2009/2010-Summer 2009 through Fall 2010 page, it says my FAFSA is missing, but I submitted that in February. When I try the 2010/2011 Summer 2010 through Fall 2011 page, it says "your financial aid packaging is not yet complete." I called and the lady said they just haven't uploaded all of the packages into the system yet--to try back tomorrow. But I'm still concerned about my FAFSA. Anyone else have this problem? Or do they just upload the FAFSA and awards on the same day?


Your FAFSA is registered for the "2010/2011 Summer 2010 through Fall 2011", it is not for the 09/10 year. That is why it says it is missing for that year, because you didn't (and don't need to) submit one for that year (which is almost over). It soundslike you are fine, so just wait until you get your package.




okay sweet, that makes me feel better. thanks! :)

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby phoenix323 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Happy to be an Aggie!
Last edited by phoenix323 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm

phoenix323 wrote:Still "Application Complete - Awaiting Evaluation"

Went complete 2/5

I go to undergrad at Davis and have always found administration to be very efficient. The total lack of consideration and communication from King Hall makes me wonder if they actually care about students at all. People have to send in seat deposits and there are still folks who applied in October/November who haven't heard yet. I find this pretty deplorable, whatever their official reason is. Every school has been inundated with applications this cycle, that's no excuse for Davis.

Sorry for the rant. Good luck to all those still waiting :?


Best of luck to you also... J/W since you live there and go to UCD UG, have you approached admissions about this? Maybe being one of their own, you might be able to get more insight?

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby calgal17 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:When I go to the 2009/2010-Summer 2009 through Fall 2010 page, it says my FAFSA is missing, but I submitted that in February. When I try the 2010/2011 Summer 2010 through Fall 2011 page, it says "your financial aid packaging is not yet complete." I called and the lady said they just haven't uploaded all of the packages into the system yet--to try back tomorrow. But I'm still concerned about my FAFSA. Anyone else have this problem? Or do they just upload the FAFSA and awards on the same day?


Mine said the exact same thing, but obviously they already got it because they already sent me an estimated financial aid package through email. It probably just says that until it's loaded.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby crm » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Once again, Eval in Progress..

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby adonai » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:06 pm

crm wrote:Once again, Eval in Progress..

April changes nothing. You have exactly 30 days, Davis.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Another night of fail.....just fucking ding me already Davis! I want this cycle to be over!

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Regionality » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey all-
I'm new to this board but I just wanted to let everyone know how odd my eventual acceptance to Davis was (at least compared to what people experience here).

Went complete and under review back in NOVEMBER...didn't hear a single word from them until I emailed them a week ago basically saying "Listen, tuition deposits for other schools are fastly approaching and if I have to wait much longer there's just no way Davis can stay in the running" (Nicer, politer, more formal...but that was the gist of it).

I got an email back saying a decision should come out in the next 1-2 days and that I should check status checker for the actual decision after 6pm each night. Fine.

So I do just that. The first day after...still under evaluation. Then the second day, today, as in 45 minutes ago, I check and all it says is "Decision has been mailed". I thought that Davis ALWAYS told you your actual decision first via status checker...so this was highly aggravating considering it's already April.

I had no interest in waiting however many days it would take to arrive via snail mail, so I simply tried going into the admitted students part of the website....and it worked! So either they accidentally let me in (which just 2 days ago I was blocked from)...or I'm a new admit to Davis!

If their administration is run anything like their admissions dept, then I am very worried. A visit is certainly in order.

Numbers: 163/3.63

Cheers

User avatar
zeth006
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby zeth006 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Regionality wrote:Hey all-
I'm new to this board but I just wanted to let everyone know how odd my eventual acceptance to Davis was (at least compared to what people experience here).

Went complete and under review back in NOVEMBER...didn't hear a single word from them until I emailed them a week ago basically saying "Listen, tuition deposits for other schools are fastly approaching and if I have to wait much longer there's just no way Davis can stay in the running" (Nicer, politer, more formal...but that was the gist of it).

I got an email back saying a decision should come out in the next 1-2 days and that I should check status checker for the actual decision after 6pm each night. Fine.

So I do just that. The first day after...still under evaluation. Then the second day, today, as in 45 minutes ago, I check and all it says is "Decision has been mailed". I thought that Davis ALWAYS told you your actual decision first via status checker...so this was highly aggravating considering it's already April.

I had no interest in waiting however many days it would take to arrive via snail mail, so I simply tried going into the admitted students part of the website....and it worked! So either they accidentally let me in (which just 2 days ago I was blocked from)...or I'm a new admit to Davis!

If their administration is run anything like their admissions dept, then I am very worried. A visit is certainly in order.

Numbers: 163/3.63

Cheers



That sounds encouraging.


However, I have to wonder whether it'll be of benefit to any of us to attempt what you just did. I'd rather not come off too strong to them as my numbers are anything but stellar and my wait-list status with Hastings isn't anymore encouraging. Perhaps if a number of us could send letters to them, it could put pressure on them to get the ball rolling without compromising whatever integrity remains in their adcomm process? I'm more inclined to be believe they're well aware of the approaching initial seat deposit deadlines of April 1st and April 15th for many schools. Only question that we've been belaboring is, what's been holding them up?

User avatar
drdolittle
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby drdolittle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Regionality wrote:Hey all-
I'm new to this board but I just wanted to let everyone know how odd my eventual acceptance to Davis was (at least compared to what people experience here).

Went complete and under review back in NOVEMBER...didn't hear a single word from them until I emailed them a week ago basically saying "Listen, tuition deposits for other schools are fastly approaching and if I have to wait much longer there's just no way Davis can stay in the running" (Nicer, politer, more formal...but that was the gist of it).

I got an email back saying a decision should come out in the next 1-2 days and that I should check status checker for the actual decision after 6pm each night. Fine.

So I do just that. The first day after...still under evaluation. Then the second day, today, as in 45 minutes ago, I check and all it says is "Decision has been mailed". I thought that Davis ALWAYS told you your actual decision first via status checker...so this was highly aggravating considering it's already April.

I had no interest in waiting however many days it would take to arrive via snail mail, so I simply tried going into the admitted students part of the website....and it worked! So either they accidentally let me in (which just 2 days ago I was blocked from)...or I'm a new admit to Davis!

If their administration is run anything like their admissions dept, then I am very worried. A visit is certainly in order.

Numbers: 163/3.63

Cheers


Congrats, but your experience doesn't seem too unusual at all. Also, clicking on "Decision has been mailed" in status check should link to a pdf of your decision letter, no need to get aggravated waiting for snail mail...

angela
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby angela » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 pm

drdolittle wrote:
Regionality wrote:Hey all-
I'm new to this board but I just wanted to let everyone know how odd my eventual acceptance to Davis was (at least compared to what people experience here).

Went complete and under review back in NOVEMBER...didn't hear a single word from them until I emailed them a week ago basically saying "Listen, tuition deposits for other schools are fastly approaching and if I have to wait much longer there's just no way Davis can stay in the running" (Nicer, politer, more formal...but that was the gist of it).

I got an email back saying a decision should come out in the next 1-2 days and that I should check status checker for the actual decision after 6pm each night. Fine.

So I do just that. The first day after...still under evaluation. Then the second day, today, as in 45 minutes ago, I check and all it says is "Decision has been mailed". I thought that Davis ALWAYS told you your actual decision first via status checker...so this was highly aggravating considering it's already April.

I had no interest in waiting however many days it would take to arrive via snail mail, so I simply tried going into the admitted students part of the website....and it worked! So either they accidentally let me in (which just 2 days ago I was blocked from)...or I'm a new admit to Davis!

If their administration is run anything like their admissions dept, then I am very worried. A visit is certainly in order.

Numbers: 163/3.63

Cheers


Congrats, but your experience doesn't seem too unusual at all. Also, clicking on "Decision has been mailed" in status check should link to a pdf of your decision letter, no need to get aggravated waiting for snail mail...


Congrats! a way you can know for sure is that under the admitted site there is a link that says response form. There you should see your student id number and a link to place a deposit. hope this helps

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Congrats. We have similar numbers, so that gives me hope that something might move soon. I've only been under evaluation for three weeks, so I won't be sending any emails asking for a status update - at least not yet.

It's looking increasingly likely I'll have to double deposit at places.

I just got a letter from another school that basically says that they really like me, but they can't send out anymore admits until after the April 15th deposit deadline, so hang in there it said.

So, Davis isn't the only one forcing me to throw non-refundable money around on backup plans, either.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Don't expect anything tomorrow either, it is good friday.

Nat1018
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby Nat1018 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 pm

yo! wrote:Don't expect anything tomorrow either, it is good friday.


Hi Yo...Did you put in a seat deposit at UNLV while waiting for Davis?

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby yo! » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Nat1018 wrote:
yo! wrote:Don't expect anything tomorrow either, it is good friday.


Hi Yo...Did you put in a seat deposit at UNLV while waiting for Davis?


I asked for an extension, and they only made me pay 250$

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 pm

yo! wrote:Don't expect anything tomorrow either, it is good friday.


:|

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby ViP » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Decision mailed today.

Complete 11/23.

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: UC Davis

Postby missinglink » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 pm

ViP wrote:Decision mailed today.

Complete 11/23.

In? Out? WL?

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 am

anyone know where I can find some pictures of the inside of the law school? I'm not having much luck. thanks!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:51 am

missinglink wrote:
ViP wrote:Decision mailed today.

Complete 11/23.

In? Out? WL?


Click the letter, itll show the PDF of it.... good luck!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:52 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:anyone know where I can find some pictures of the inside of the lawl skool? I'm not having much luck. thanks!


The old building is nothing amazing to look at.... the new building, which will be complete in May, will be pretty amazing. If you browse the site, you can find some pics of the new building, but not sure where you can find some of the old building.

Forgot to mention that the campus is amazing though. Largest UC campus, and very green!

cali gal
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby cali gal » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 am

Has Davis given out any Friday decisions this cycle?

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis

Postby Inygma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:03 am

cali gal wrote:Has Davis given out any Friday decisions this cycle?


Me! I was a Friday child. Best Friday of my life :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RamTitan, sethnoorzad and 26 guests